Mike Maccagnan

UnitedWhofans

Nobody in the media is putting any pressure on him, and they are right not to. This roster is talented enough to "compete now" while rebuilding for the future. And yes you can rebuild in the NFL.

People still don't seem to understand what he is trying to do here. All of those veteran contracts are on short term deals. So that when they expire, the roster will be full of young talent ready to go.

People talk about Lynch and Prescott. I don't trust this fanbase nor this team with a rookie QB at this stage. Other teams are more well equipped to handle one in staffs and personnel. 

I'm now starting to turn on Bowles. But if they fire this GM, then I'm done because they will never get anything new right

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Nobody in the media is putting any pressure on him, and they are right not to. This roster is talented enough to "compete now" while rebuilding for the future. And yes you can rebuild in the NFL.

People still don't seem to understand what he is trying to do here. All of those veteran contracts are on short term deals. So that when they expire, the roster will be full of young talent ready to go.

People talk about Lynch and Prescott. I don't trust this fanbase nor this team with a rookie QB at this stage. Other teams are more well equipped to handle one in staffs and personnel. 

I'm now starting to turn on Bowles. But if they fire this GM, then I'm done because they will never get anything new right

Benedict Arnold is already turning on Bowles. ^

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Lee, Jenkins, Williams, Peake, Anderson, Burris, Simon, Marshall, Edwards. And that's for a start. 

All of these players have played well in regular games or have shown potential

None of that matters if Hackenburg and Petty suck. He whiffed on too many capable QBs ready to play right now for guys that can't sniff the field with embarrassment we're seeing from the position now. We're carrying 4 QBs and apparently none of them can play.

Just now, SayNoToDMC said:

None of that matters if Hackenburg or Petty suck. He whiffed on too many capable QBs ready to play right now for guys that can't sniff the field with embarrassment we're seeing from the position now. We're carrying 4 QBs and apparently none of them can play.

sadly that's true.  leonard williams being good or great would be nice, but gms are usually judged by qbs and championships and rightfully so.  

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

That's called a draft class. Every one has one of those. Ma God.

Yeah but we haven't had a good one (Draft Class) in decades it seems. I don't get why anyone cares if someone else starts a thread about whatever, it doesn't cost you money, or anything for that matter, so why bitch about it? If you don't like the thread topic, stay out of it!

Having said all of that, I think it is obvious we are headed to another HC change at the end of a long losing season yet again. I think Mac is a good GM who knows what he is doing. Remember, he did not exactly hire Bowles. My worry is their fear of playing younger players, especially at the QB position. Again, how can anyone know right now for sure that Petty & Hack can never be decent starting NFL QB's?

Just now, ASH1962 said:

Yeah but we haven't had a good one (Draft Class) in decades it seems. I don't get why anyone cares if someone else starts a thread about whatever, it doesn't cost you money, or anything for that matter, so why bitch about it? If you don't like the thread topic, stay out of it!

Having said all of that, I think it is obvious we are headed to another HC change at the end of a long losing season yet again. I think Mac is a good GM who knows what he is doing. Remember, he did not exactly hire Bowles. My worry is their fear of playing younger players, especially at the QB position. Again, how can anyone know right now for sure that Petty & Hack can never be decent starting NFL QB's?

mccags won gm of the year his first year and clearly has more say in overall decisions than bowles.  if the season is gone by week 8 and mccags wants to see petty's progress, that's what happens.  at this point the fanbase is as fed up with fitz's limitations as they are with geno's decision making anyway.

6 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

None of that matters if Hackenburg and Petty suck. He whiffed on too many capable QBs ready to play right now for guys that can't sniff the field with embarrassment we're seeing from the position now. We're carrying 4 QBs and apparently none of them can play.

One position should not be the be all and end all, even the QB spot. And as I said, I dont trunk Prescott or Lynch would have done as well in this situation, because of past experiences 

4 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

It's called tempering your expectations. 

You can have a pretty talented roster but be held back by some key positions. This is a passing league. The Jets have a very mediocre QB and a weak secondary. That’s why they are where they are. The O-Line (despite yesterday) has played better than I expected. The front 7 of the Jets is fine. Our skill players on offense are very talented. But we can’t throw it well against good D’s and we can’t stop a good QB from tearing us up.

Wilson was lofting balls down the field for big gains all day. There were receivers just running free with nobody around them. Look at a lot of the passes caught yesterday by Seattle. A lot of them weren’t even contested throws. The guys were wide open.

A team is always going to be held back from realizing their full potential without a legit QB. Fitz is what he is. He’ll have good games and bad games. He’s playing to his talent level and doing what he’s done his entire career so I’m not going to get mad at him. This is what he is. It wasn’t his fault yesterday.

Our offensive line was atrocious and our secondary was terrible yet again. The Jets need to revamp these two areas in the off season by spending money/high draft picks on them. Ideally I would like to fix the secondary via FA and draft some lineman in the EARLY ROUNDS of the draft.

Our most recent success came from 08-10 and those years our O-Line was arguably the best in the league. That’s not a coincidence.

30 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The QB is just too important.  That will be his measurement.  If these guys that were drafted on his watch by other teams step up over the long haul and his guys fail when they get the opportunity  then he will deserve criticism.  It is too early.  People are skeptical of Hack and Petty but they do not know yet.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

You can have a pretty talented roster but be held back by some key positions. This is a passing league. The Jets have a very mediocre QB and a weak secondary. That’s why they are where they are. The O-Line (despite yesterday) has played better than I expected. The front 7 of the Jets is fine. Our skill players on offense are very talented. But we can’t throw it well against good D’s and we can’t stop a good QB from tearing us up.

Wilson was lofting balls down the field for big gains all day. There were receivers just running free with nobody around them. Look at a lot of the passes caught yesterday by Seattle. A lot of them weren’t even contested throws. The guys were wide open.

A team is always going to be held back from realizing their full potential without a legit QB. Fitz is what he is. He’ll have good games and bad games. He’s playing to his talent level and doing what he’s done his entire career so I’m not going to get mad at him. This is what he is. It wasn’t his fault yesterday.

Our offensive line was atrocious and our secondary was terrible yet again. The Jets need to revamp these two areas in the off season by spending money/high draft picks on them. Ideally I would like to fix the secondary via FA and draft some lineman in the EARLY ROUNDS of the draft.

Our most recent success came from 08-10 and those years our O-Line was arguably the best in the league. That’s not a coincidence.

OL is next year. If he doesn't fix it, then I will be shocked. Of course. People will want him to draft a QB high

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

The QB is just too important.  That will be his measurement.  If these guys that were drafted on his watch by other teams step up over the long haul and his guys fail when they get the opportunity  then he will deserve criticism.  It is too early.  People are skeptical of Hack and Petty but they do not know yet.

When he drafts a QB high, then it will be his mark. Hackenberg was drafted because I'm convinced Mac and Bill O'Btien chatted about him when he was down in Houston

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

When he drafts a QB high, then it will be his mark. Hackenberg was drafted because I'm convinced Mac and Bill O'Btien chatted about him when he was down in Houston

Yes. Hack will be more of a measurement than Petty, of course.   But if Petty were to hit it people would not care.

Bowles should be fired and Macc allowed to hire his own coach with a heavy emphasis on a HC that will focus on QB development. As a Jets fan it is awful knowing 20 games into the HC tenure that he is not the guy and knowing he will likely suck for 2 more years before anything is done about it.

Archived