Let's say the Jets go to 1-5.

UnitedWhofans

56 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Ahhh bullsquat. This is today's NFL. You don't get the luxury of sitting for years to learn unless you're behind a stud. I'm not sitting around for 3 years of crap to see if Hack turns into wine or vinegar. Throw his ass out there. If he sucks move on. Same for Petty and anyone else. Fitz does absolutely nothing for this franchise except delay the inevitable. What are we getting from him? Super bowl? Playoffs?? Come on man this is bullsh*t. I'm getting old, We need a franchise QB. If one of these young kids ain't it then we need to draft one first round next year. I don't care about Hack's feelings. It's the NFL, put your big boy pants on and get out there. Really dude, how the hell do we have any nerve to think this team is in a position to groom problem children QB's for years??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't ask me. Ask the people who drafted him. You really shouldn't get this vested in a team that it's impacting your mind. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Easier to say things like this than acknowledge what I wrote.

I guess you don't realize how obvious it looks when you're being evasive.

Im going to take my family apple picking. Go catch your breath and contemplate how worthwhile it is to pursue this further, choice is yours.

Given your 'feel bad for you' play, I'll assume you won't realize how ironic it'll be if you choose to keep it up.

I feel bad for you cuz you can't seem to grasp the idea of me replying to each sentence one by one. And when my point of view differs from yours, its because I dance around your questions. It's funny how you continue to ignore an opinion and then call out others being evasive. I can't drill sense in to you so my generic reply is, "I feel bad for you". 

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

I feel bad for you cuz you can't seem to grasp the idea of me replying to each sentence one by one. And when my point of view differs from yours, its because I dance around your questions. It's funny how you continue to ignore an opinion and then call out others being evasive. I can't drill sense in to you so my generic reply is, "I feel bad for you". 

You can't drill sense into me, or anyone, because sense evades you.

When you stop presenting your opinion as fact or logic, I will pay you the courtesy of taking you seriously. Until then, you get rope-a-dope treatment.

10 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Ahhh bullsquat. This is today's NFL. You don't get the luxury of sitting for years to learn unless you're behind a stud. I'm not sitting around for 3 years of crap to see if Hack turns into wine or vinegar. Throw his ass out there. If he sucks move on. Same for Petty and anyone else. Fitz does absolutely nothing for this franchise except delay the inevitable. What are we getting from him? Super bowl? Playoffs?? Come on man this is bullsh*t. I'm getting old, We need a franchise QB. If one of these young kids ain't it then we need to draft one first round next year. I don't care about Hack's feelings. It's the NFL, put your big boy pants on and get out there. Really dude, how the hell do we have any nerve to think this team is in a position to groom problem children QB's for years??

1.  Since Fitzpatrick was our best chance to get off to a hot start against still competition it made sense to start him ahead of Petty, especially since he's injured.  Once the playoffs are out we will certainly reprioritize and likely see Petty under center.

2.  This theory of yours that we should just rush every young kid into a starting role is discouraging, especially for the likes of Petty and Hackenberg who didn't play in pro style systems and need time to get acclimated.

3.  We don't care if you post from Tapatalk.  Please turn that mobile sig off.

SAR I

3 hours ago, phill1c said:

LOL, he's not even the Fitz of last year...not that it was good enough last year.

Sure he's the Fitz of last year.  The difference is we are playing harder competitors, the OL has regressed, Decker is out, and Forte isn't Ivory. 

Pretty simple stuff.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sure he's the Fitz of last year.  The difference is we are playing harder competitors, the OL has regressed, Decker is out, and Forte isn't Ivory. 

Pretty simple stuff.

SAR I

It's close, but he's even worse this year.

Fitz was definitely a sh*t QB last season, but now he's like some sh*t/vomit combo.  

At least last season he was accurate in the red zone.  Now it's just pure luck if Fitz can put a ball close to where it has to be.

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

It's close, but he's even worse this year.

Fitz was definitely a sh*t QB last season, but now he's like some sh*t/vomit combo.  

At least last season he was accurate in the red zone.  Now it's just pure luck if Fitz can put a ball close to where it has to be.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was AFC Offensive Player of the Week two times last year and one time this year.

In 19 career games as a Jet, he's been honored as being the most prolific offensive player in the entire conference 3 times.  He won 5 games in a row in December.  He led no less than 3 dramatic fourth quarter comebacks under elimination-game pressure.  He restored dignity to our beleaguered franchise after years of Ryan, Idzik, and Smith making us a laughingstock.

For you to quit on him because he had a bad game in Kansas City is disloyal, for you to minimize the issues from our defensive line, secondary, offensive line, running back, and coaching is irresponsible.

SAR I

On 10/7/2016 at 3:10 PM, jett said:

Boy is this not the truth and has this not been the truth for what seems like forever? How many times have we had an absolute abomination of a team and pull out gritty wins against a team like new England? On the flip side, and far more common in my opinion is how we always lose to the teams good teams usually beat. We have gone seasons where we have gone 10-6, 11-5 and lost to some terrible teams. Weird how this has been the same through many different coach regimes, I'm not sure what that means. 

It means it's the NFL. Very good teams lose to terrible teams all the time. Sub par teams win championships. Underdogs who have no business being in the conversation become legendary. It's why they play the games. It's not over until it's over. This team isn't as bad as our record. We played the Bangles and Seahawks tough and could have won both those games. The KC game was just a sh*t show.  KC did exactly the same thing vs.Piit who did the same thing vs. the Eagles.  We will rebound. Hopefully Mac and Bowles learn some vital lessons from their first 2 years on the job and can make this team elite. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick was AFC Offensive Player of the Week two times last year and one time this year.

In 19 career games as a Jet, he's been honored as being the most prolific offensive player in the entire conference 3 times.  He won 5 games in a row in December.  He led no less than 3 dramatic fourth quarter comebacks under elimination-game pressure.  He restored dignity to our beleaguered franchise after years of Ryan, Idzik, and Smith making us a laughingstock.

For you to quit on him because he had a bad game in Kansas City is disloyal, for you to minimize the issues from our defensive line, secondary, offensive line, running back, and coaching is irresponsible.

SAR I

It'd be impossible for me to quit on him.  I never started on him.  Never once have I viewed him as a good QB.

You're giving him credit for 4th quarter comebacks?  How 'bout if he didn't disappear for the 2nd and 3rd quarters of games?  Then no need for the comeback.

Fitz is a horrible starting quarterback.  Always has been.

7 hours ago, Mike135 said:

It'd be impossible for me to quit on him.  I never started on him.  Never once have I viewed him as a good QB.

You're giving him credit for 4th quarter comebacks?  How 'bout if he didn't disappear for the 2nd and 3rd quarters of games?  Then no need for the comeback.

Fitz is a horrible starting quarterback.  Always has been.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a serviceable journeyman.  That's all he is capable of being.  That is what we all knew we were getting.  He's a JAG.

For a guy like that to win NFL awards and get us to 10 wins last year is nothing short of amazing, and for him to struggle this year when his defense and running game have regressed mightily and facing stiffer competition is not surprising.  So what are you whining about exactly?  That your journeyman is playing like (wait for it) a journeyman?

SAR I

So what are you whining about exactly?  That your journeyman is playing like (wait for it) a journeyman?

That he shouldn't be starting.  And definitely shouldn't be eating up 12mil.

He's a compete drag on the team and hurts progress.

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

So you are arguing July's events in October.  Can you stop now?

Anyone with half a brain knew that the only way this rebuilding team was going to get to 11 or 12 wins was if our defense played up to its potential and was Top 3 in the NFL.  Stop whining about Ryan Fitzpatrick who is playing like Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Start whining about our defense which is playing like ass.  The story of this disappointing 1-3 predicament isn't the quarterback.  It's the defense.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

And rainbows should fly out of my ass when I fart, but they don't.

Living in a fantasy world won't change reality:  reality is as bad as he's been, Fitz > Geno and everyone sees it but the same six guys here at JN.

Reality is he got 12 mil, it's done, over, can't be undone now.

Reality is Geno almost assuredly will not see the field in 2016.

Might want to learn to deal with it.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So you are arguing July's events in October.  Can you stop now?

Anyone with half a brain knew that the only way this rebuilding team was going to get to 11 or 12 wins was if our defense played up to its potential and was Top 3 in the NFL.  Stop whining about Ryan Fitzpatrick who is playing like Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Start whining about our defense which is playing like ass.  The story of this disappointing 1-3 predicament isn't the quarterback.  It's the defense.

SAR I

No, I'm arguing to get him off the field now.  And hells no I won't stop.  Ha, you stop being his cheerleader.  Is the guy in some BMW club with you or something?  He's a POS QB that is bringing this team down.  Until he's on the bench, I will continue to argue for it.

Just now, Mike135 said:

No, I'm arguing to get him off the field now.  And hells no I won't stop.  Ha, you stop being his cheerleader.  Is the guy in some BMW club with you or something?  He's a POS QB that is bringing this team down.  Until he's on the bench, I will continue to argue for it.

Unless you have Bowles', Macc's or Chan's phone number, you're not arguing, your doing what we all do, spouting opinion on a forum.

You can't change or influence anything man, get a grip on reality.

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Bench Fitzpatrick for what exactly?  There are no FA's to sign.  Petty is hurt.  Hackenberg isn't ready.

There has to be some logical rationale to making a quarterback change other than "waaaa we shouldn't have signed Fitzpatrick in July and I'm mad so I want him benched"  Did you think he was going to become Joe Montana after 11 years and 6 NFL teams?  Or did you think our D was going to be lights-out and lead us to a competitive season?  Has to be one or the other, there are no other scenarios.

SAR I

Did you think he was going to become Joe Montana after 11 years and 6 NFL teams?  Or did you think our D was going to be lights-out and lead us to a competitive season?  Has to be one or the other, there are no other scenarios.

SAR I

1.  No.  I thought and continue to think he sucks.  You haven't gathered that by now?

2.  I thought the D was going to be pretty damn good.  Could still be with some secondary corrections...  IF they get some help from the O.  Not that I ever came anywhere near playing at even a decent college level, but as a defender, when you watch an absolutely horrible QB literally throw the game away, you lose drive.  Watching Fitz toss INTs, miss wide open WRs by feet, and completely read a defense incorrectly has to be killing those guys.  Has to be killing the whole team.  Fitz isn't just bad...  he's been phuckin horrible.

3.  Yes there are other scenarios.  The POS shouldn't have been signed as more than a backup.  But it is what it is now.  Continuing to play him now only makes it worse.

30 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

1.  No.  I thought and continue to think he sucks.  You haven't gathered that by now?

Macc, Bowles, Chan and the Jets Players disagree with you.  You haven't gathered that by now?

2.  I thought the D was going to be pretty damn good.  Could still be with some secondary corrections...  IF they get some help from the O.

We have one of the leagues worst and most porous Pass Defenses, and their failings have nothing to do with the "O".

3.  Yes there are other scenarios.  The POS shouldn't have been signed as more than a backup.  But it is what it is now.  Continuing to play him now only makes it worse.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  The fact they continue to play Fitz > Geno should, in a logical world, tell you what they think of Geno.

Because lets be clear, no Head Coach or GM is going to risk their jobs over a 12 mil. journeyman QB if he's no longer the best option.

The Front Office has every defense they need for "why we signed Fitz".  If it's not working out (and be assured, thus far, it's not!) it's not some evil black stain on Macc to have done it, it was literally the consensus around the league last offseason.

If they think Geno can come in and win games where Fitz couldn't, they'd play Geno.

You're not wrong on Fitz, of course neither were his defenders, he's a journeyman stopgap to get us to the Hack/Petty Era.  

But you are wrong on Geno, and eventually you'll have to face that fact, sooner, or later when he's playing the #3 role in Cleveland. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Macc, Bowles, Chan and the Jets Players disagree with you.  You haven't gathered that by now?

We have one of the leagues worst and most porous Pass Defenses, and their failings have nothing to do with the "O".

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  The fact they continue to play Fitz > Geno should, in a logical world, tell you what they think of Geno.

Because lets be clear, no Head Coach or GM is going to risk their jobs over a 12 mil. journeyman QB if he's no longer the best option.

The Front Office has every defense they need for "why we signed Fitz".  If it's not working out (and be assured, thus far, it's not!) it's not some evil black stain on Macc to have done it, it was literally the consensus around the league last offseason.

If they think Geno can come in and win games where Fitz couldn't, they'd play Geno.

You're not wrong on Fitz, of course neither were his defenders, he's a journeyman stopgap to get us to the Hack/Petty Era.  

But you are wrong on Geno, and eventually you'll have to face that fact, sooner, or later when he's playing the #3 role in Cleveland. 

it's easier to understand and justify this season once you accept that this season is intended to be the 2nd half of the overall transition.  last year would have been a one-year transition like so many other teams make with new regimes and qbs, but several circumstances prevented this:  1) an influx of FA talent, 2) trading for marshall, 3) an easy schedule and 4) qb not drafted in a high round.  then they won 'too many games' to revert back to a true transition in year 2 of the new regime.  this transition is just a year longer than normal, which helps develop the young qbs but results in a 'lost year' with a below-average qb and a rough schedule.  

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well we'll find out soon enough.  

Disclaimer though, I never was a Geno fan.  Just more a fan of his than Fitz's.

Archived