Gruden Knew

JohnnyLV

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes, Pioli was/is his son in law.  In fact during the leagues investigation to the Pats hiring BB, Pioli testified for Belichick. 

I still cringe at the thought of Otis Smith having a SB ring! 

Thats why I had to laugh when Peter King was doing his then Inside The NFL gig and criticized Mangini and the Jets when Mangini took a few assistants with him to NY.  Said that it was very disrespectful, lol

Why. I'm sure he went to put the ring on it slipped past him and he recovered in time tackle it to the ground. Otoast .

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, section314 said:

I seem to remember Giant fans wanted to run Bill out after 2 years.The rest,they say, is history. You fire Bowles , you'll be hiring High School coaches. Nobody would work for this jackass owner.

Um, no. Considering the salary these head coaches get the jets would have zero problems getting a replacement. That's not the issue.

The issue is whether we think bowles is just having a bad year or if he is just a bad head coach. 

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The OC is and has to play to the QB's strengths.

Gruden calling for roll outs or hurry up offense for example can't be done because Fitz can't consistently execute those plays.

Gruden was right, but he was wrong because the Jets QB is limited in his skill set.

The plain fact is teams are stacking the box and covering the middle and Brandon Marshall; and the Jets QB can't consistently identify the open man or throw accurately downfield this makes screens and other plays less effective because folks are right there.  This is not on the OC/Gailey.         

If you had Brady, Rogers or even Winston or even Glennon out there running this offense the results would be far different because those QBs can make all of the throws something that FItz (I like him) simply can not do.

Yeah, I'm not buying it one bit. Predictable playcalling is predictable playcalling. If the QB cannot run the offense, put another QB in. If Geno was as good as everyone on this board seems to think he is, he would be starting.  There is a reason Gailey was out of football, he sucks.

21 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

No, it isn't puzzling.  Word around the league was that Bowles was the next great coach.  Casserly and Wolf bought it and Woody went with it.

I understand....  but how could he be?  What we see is not a great coach. His game 16 last year decisions are simply bleeding to 2016.  

He seems to make many, many poor decisions.

Just now, southparkcpa said:

I understand....  but how could he be?  What we see is not a great coach. His game 16 last year decisions are simply bleeding to 2016.  

He seems to make many, many poor decisions.

He's as dumb as a rock.  Woody should have picked up on that during the interview.  So, yes, ultimately, it's Woody's fault.

34 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Yeah, I'm not buying it one bit. Predictable playcalling is predictable playcalling. If the QB cannot run the offense, put another QB in. If Geno was as good as everyone on this board seems to think he is, he would be starting.  There is a reason Gailey was out of football, he sucks.

i respectfully disagree ....

No one was complaining about the offense last year when it was the NFL's best in the red zone and a top 15 elsewhere.

The idea that we could just put in another QB is a good one and the question is do you have who you can put in?

4 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

I'm not sure if it was Gruden or the other guy but there was one comment that stuck out to me that I'm surprised wasn't mentioned here.  When talking about the Jets carrying 4 QB's the broadcaster said they asked Bowles about it and his response (I'm paraphrasing) was "There is a reason, I can't tell you now but you'll find out soon"  To me, that means Geno is out the door once Petty is healthy and explains why Bowles has been so stubborn about going to Geno.  

Thought that was interesting, but I don't think it's what you imply. Geno is the 2, the other two were always considered a far 3a/3b. ONCE fitz is pulled for geno again, for good there is no reason what so ever to carry fitz. They aren't going to go back to him. If geno is as bad as him they will go down the line. Petty would be going in, not fitz.. So there is not reason not to cut fitz if they pull him again..

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

So the solution in your mind us to continue trotting out Fitz?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

No. I would start Geno next Sunday. If it were me. Although I think in Fitz's career he hasn't done well when he has security like in Buffalo. Maybe if he has more pressure he'd play better. I want to make it clear. This is not all on him. The team sucks. But he has not been able to run the offense for weeks now and it puts too much pressure on the defense who also sucks. Maybe we can get a spark from Geno. Give him a few starts and use Fitz as a relief pitcher if needed. 

Archived