The Ginats kicker is even a bigger douche than thought...

Beerfish

11 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

That quote is getting a lot closer to explicit than implicit, not a good look at all for Mr. Mara.  "We knew Brown beat his wife, what we didn't know was that it was of the unacceptable type; we were under the impression it was your garden-variety domestic abuse, not the intolerable kind..." 

Surprised John Mara said that.  I have a lot of respect for him and his family.  He is a Fordham guy like his dad.

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Why didn't she leave? If his ass was broke she would of been down the street. He's obviously a ******* mental case. 

That's the issue, the dude is an abusive nutjob. It's been proven time and again that the most dangerous time for any woman in an abusive relationship is the second she decides to leave.  I don't know their specific relationship, and not wanting to delve into the multitude of reasons people should be self-sufficient etc. etc. but if he beat her that many times when they were dating, I wouldn't be surprised if she was afraid he'd kill her if she left. 

26 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

That quote is getting a lot closer to explicit than implicit, not a good look at all for Mr. Mara.  "We knew Brown beat his wife, what we didn't know was that it was of the unacceptable type; we were under the impression it was your garden-variety domestic abuse, not the intolerable kind..." 

that was not a smart quote he said.

12 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Surprised John Mara said that.  I have a lot of respect for him and his family.  He is a Fordham guy like his dad.

Likewise. And I don't wanna be that callous, but dude was a placekicker, that's exactly the type of person you sh*tcan. It's just a really bad look for Mara and the Giants. 

16 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh, he was abused as a child. Well, that clears that up. Why, he's almost justified in beating the snot out of his ex-wife. Repeatedly.

**** him. He knows right from wrong. This isn't a guy having trouble quitting smoking.

not saying it clears it up.  just saying i understand it a little better.  its not justified.  i think he was trying to work thru his issues.

a bad situation all around as i said.

it is great that the public is finally seeing what the Giants are all about, they phony class that the media feeds us has been BS forever.  winning and class are 2 separate things, they have won but have never done so in a class manner.  it's all media perception just like when they fired Coughlin and tried to make it look like he resigned.

So now he's on the exempt list, despite the fact that the league knew about this sh*t last year and blatantly covered it up at the '05 Pro Bowl. This in the wake of what was now clearly a phony ass DV campaign after Ray Rice. 

What a ******* joke this league is. I love football but this league really does deserve to go into the sh*tter.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

it is great that the public is finally seeing what the Giants are all about, they phony class that the media feeds us has been BS forever.  winning and class are 2 separate things, they have won but have never done so in a class manner.  it's all media perception just like when they fired Coughlin and tried to make it look like he resigned.

Exactly if this were the Jets it should be all over the press. The Giants organization is not as well ran as everyone thinks it is. 

John Mara is an even bigger scumbag.  His conduct has been disgraceful.  He now admits he knew of the prior assaults.  This is in addition to his lobbying the NFL not to have a response to the HB2 law in NC.  This is contrary to how other professional leagues reacted, most notably the NBA.

3 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

That's the issue, the dude is an abusive nutjob. It's been proven time and again that the most dangerous time for any woman in an abusive relationship is the second she decides to leave.  I don't know their specific relationship, and not wanting to delve into the multitude of reasons people should be self-sufficient etc. etc. but if he beat her that many times when they were dating, I wouldn't be surprised if she was afraid he'd kill her if she left. 

This is spot on.  I've DV victims who have this fear and face the mortal threat if they leave.  Also, my wife's HS friend was killed by her husband in murder-suicide after she told him she was leaving him because of the abuse.  This is deathly serious.

15 minutes ago, SMC said:

John Mara is an even bigger scumbag.  His conduct has been disgraceful.  He now admits he knew of the prior assaults.  This is in addition to his lobbying the NFL not to have a response to the HB2 law in NC.  This is contrary to how other professional leagues reacted, most notably the NBA.

McAdoo saying he's still a teammate and he's a man of faith at today's press conference. Jesus.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

They're disgusting

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

McAdoo saying he's still a teammate and he's a man of faith at today's press conference. Jesus.

Yeah, it was ridiculous.

Plus, did you hear that Mara tried to use the excuse that there was no Ray Rice like video?!?

4 minutes ago, SMC said:

Yeah, it was ridiculous.

Plus, did you hear that Mara tried to use the excuse that there was no Ray Rice like video?!?

The sh*t where the NFL security reps had to hide her and the kids away in another hotel room is preposterous. In 2015 this sh*t was still happening. What the actual ****.

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The sh*t where the NFL security reps had to hide her and the kids away in another hotel room is preposterous. In 2015 this sh*t was still happening. What the actual ****.

Not only that they bribed the security guard who threatened to expose Brown for being a wife beater

Classy Giants! Classy Maras!

Archived