Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

19 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

To your point, I don't think Anthony has improved the chemistry anywhere.

I really want to make the playoffs this year.  We are 2 games out of the 8th seed in the loss column today.

The season is not over.  I think if we get rid of Anthony and improve the chemistry we have a shot.

The ball movement when he is not on the court is so much better.

The problem is more the Knicks don't have a pg than Anthony.  The ball movement isn't that much better when he's not on the court

Rose has been a bust.  He doesn't get the calls he got in Chicago all he does is drive to the basket and throw up bricks or turn it over because he jumps with the ball before thinking about where he is passing to.  Rose also makes no effort on D. Jennings is an ok at best backup and Baker can't defend me

Luckily like SMC said it's a loaded draft at PG

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Only way Melo is waiving it is to go play with Lebron and the Cavs aren't offering us squat

Celtics trade isn't happening.  Phil and Ainge have had deals plural done in principal since last year Melo blocked all of it.  His wife is NY'er, he's from Baltimore but is really a NY'er

7 minutes ago, thadude said:

Only way Melo is waiving it is to go play with Lebron and the Cavs aren't offering us squat

Celtics trade isn't happening.  Phil and Ainge have had deals plural done in principal since last year Melo blocked all of it.  His wife is NY'er, he's from Baltimore but is really a NY'er

Kevin Garnett made him have a meltdown too. That was great, lol.

Not that he gives a sh!t. He strikes me as one of those people that doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself.  Fvck him. He's horrible

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Not that he gives a sh!t. He strikes me as one of those people that doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself.  Fvck him. He's horrible

Oh well. He's not making a basketball decision here. Say what you will about Carmelo but he's a rational actor. If anything besides raw point totals mattered all that much as to what he gets paid, who knows, he might even have been a good player. By the same token, why the hell is he supposed to leave New York when some a$$hole gave him the choice to refuse?

Tommy Dee reports that Melo's agent told Phil "it's time", that is, he's ready to waive the no-trade.  Dee's been pretty good on inside stuff.  He reported that LeBron pushing for Melo, which Isola reported last night as well.  

LeBron called Isola's report as "trash" which sounds like protesting too much.

On 2/5/2017 at 11:06 AM, thadude said:

The problem is more the Knicks don't have a pg than Anthony.  The ball movement isn't that much better when he's not on the court

Rose has been a bust.  He doesn't get the calls he got in Chicago all he does is drive to the basket and throw up bricks or turn it over because he jumps with the ball before thinking about where he is passing to.  Rose also makes no effort on D. Jennings is an ok at best backup and Baker can't defend me

Luckily like SMC said it's a loaded draft at PG

Yeah, I've been following more games now and the Kentucky kid (De'aaron Fox), who'll be in the 5-10 range looks good as well.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

Tommy Dee reports that Melo's agent told Phil "it's time", that is, he's ready to waive the no-trade.  Dee's been pretty good on inside stuff.  He reported that LeBron pushing for Melo, which Isola reported last night as well.  

LeBron called Isola's report as "trash" which sounds like protesting too much.

Chances of a Melo trade are still at less than 1 percent

29 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's been a good few years for Euro physical freaks. So far as I've read the biggest concerns with him are his weight and his aggressiveness, which is fine with me considering the kid's 18.

True, and, assuming Phil is still here, it's a good thing that Clarence Gains will be doing the evaluating.  He and the Euro scout have done well thus far.

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't know. I wonder if he's just trying to chase him out of town at this point in case he's on the fence about waiving his clause.

The clause that the dumbass Phil gave him.  What a dolt

7 minutes ago, SMC said:

The clause that the dumbass Phil gave him.  What a dolt

The thing is he has always been this way. He did the same sh*t with Kobe for years through the media, ditto with Pat Riley when Riles coached us and Jackson was with the Bulls. Sure, social media amplifies this stuff big time, but people just excused it then because they were winning rings and when that's the end result who gives a sh*t about gossip?

28 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The thing is he has always been this way. He did the same sh*t with Kobe for years through the media, ditto with Pat Riley when Riles coached us and Jackson was with the Bulls. Sure, social media amplifies this stuff big time, but people just excused it then because they were winning rings and when that's the end result who gives a sh*t about gossip?

That's true, but when you are 70 games under .500 as an executive, you can't rely on old tricks from your coaching days.

Steve Popper reports that GMs can't even reach Phil and Mills handles all the calls and makes calls to them.  Phil is just a crazy, lazy old man collecting a fat paycheck.  Good for him. Bad for the franchise.

I like Mills and Gaines.  I say make Gaines GM, Mills President and send Phil back to his ranch in Montana via the opt out (I believe it's mutual).

4 minutes ago, SMC said:

That's true, but when you are 70 games under .500 as an executive, you can't rely on old tricks from your coaching days.

Steve Popper reports that GMs can't even reach Phil and Mills handles all the calls and makes calls to them.  Phil is just a crazy, lazy old man collecting a fat paycheck.  Good for him. Bad for the franchise.

I like Mills and Gaines.  I say make Gaines GM, Mills President and send Phil back to his ranch in Montana via the opt out (I believe it's mutual).

And this changes what. 

Here's why that was ******* awesome: Literally every single Knicks fan on the planet would love to go after James Dolan, and to the billionth degree more on the floor of MSG. Nobody would ever be crazy enough to do that. BUT, before today, had I said to you that hypothetically speaking, the one guy with the balls big enough to do it would be Charles Oakley, you would agree with me 100%. You would totally be able to see Charles Oakley doing that. EXCEPT IT'S NOT JUST A PLAUSIBLE THING NOW. IT'S REAL. IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

• Upvote 1

Oak was by far my favorite NYK back in the day.  the night I met my wife we got into a flirty debate about him, she thought his name was charles barkley, and along the way I was amazed this hot chick that was talking to me knew at least 2 NBA players not named Micheal Jordan or Magic Johnson, lol

this is sad to me.  he is obviously bitter about something, probably money.

c'mon Oak, let it go

33 minutes ago, Larz said:

Oak was by far my favorite NYK back in the day.  the night I met my wife we got into a flirty debate about him, she thought his name was charles barkley, and along the way I was amazed this hot chick that was talking to me knew at least 2 NBA players not named Micheal Jordan or Magic Johnson, lol

this is sad to me.  he is obviously bitter about something, probably money.

c'mon Oak, let it go

Definitely, because that incident last night was so unlike him.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

its still sad. nothing macho or tough about stalking an old man half your size

Eh. He's saying he bought a ticket and didn't do anything, security came up to him out of nowhere and asked him to leave after Dolan found out he was there. He didn't lose his sh*t until security surrounded him. And I think anyone that knows anything about James Dolan can buy that one.