jets headed toward top-10 pick, so prepare for plenty of QB buzz ~ ~ ~

kelly

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Next to QB, CB is far and away our biggest need.

Or do you enjoy having the worst Pass D in football?

Angry pure-fantasy talk about a draft a year+ away, while we're in Week 8.....sad.

At CB we have a #1 who is ageing rapidly and no better right now than a #2; a #2 who should be a #4; and a #3 who tried to be a #2 and wasn't up to it (and is now injured).

So we're all set at #3 and #4 with Skrine & Williams; Revis is nearing the end of his glory days; so we need at least a new #1, and probably a new #2 as well. Burris may be an option down the road for #2 but it's too early yet to determine.

This is sadly the effect of both Milliner and McDougle flaming out ... if either of those guys is even decent, we're in a much better place.

10 minutes ago, jamesr said:

At CB we have a #1 who is ageing rapidly and no better right now than a #2; a #2 who should be a #4; and a #3 who tried to be a #2 and wasn't up to it (and is now injured).

So we're all set at #3 and #4 with Skrine & Williams; Revis is nearing the end of his glory days; so we need at least a new #1, and probably a new #2 as well. Burris may be an option down the road for #2 but it's too early yet to determine.

This is sadly the effect of both Milliner and McDougle flaming out ... if either of those guys is even decent, we're in a much better place.

That is correct. This team is the legacy of the past few drafts. 

44 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Nailed it, aye.  You simply cannot have both Milliner and McDougle be complete failures.  Nor can you pay Revis elite #1 money for sub-#3 level play.

Revis single-handedly gave Cleveland's WR's a highlight reel yesterday.  He is worse this year than Cromartie was in his last year here.

15 minutes ago, #bman said:

I would sign Glennon. Let Glennon, Hack and Petty compete for the job. Draft a CB or OL in rd 1.

Here's a novel Idea .  Sign Geno back if he's agreeable, let him and Petty have an equal shot at the starting QB job while continuing to develop Hackenberg . Draft another QB and continue the process . Enough with this sign someone old vet crap, paying them too much and slowing down the growth process of the QBs already on the roster .  

I like Hack. I really do. I think he will be ready to make a push for the starting QB next year. People can say what they want. But that is what I believe from seeing him play and knowing what he is capable of. The Jets are actually not in the worst QB situations going into the offseason with Petty and Hack as their only commitments at the QB position- both cheap ones at that. I don't see them drafting a QB early. Oline and CB are much more likely. And I'm not s sure they will end up with a top 10 pick either. If they go 5-5  into the bye, you will see a big push for the playoffs. Yes, they will probably end up 8-8 or 7-9 but that won't get them a top 10 pick, IMO...or at least not a pick high enough to get one of the top QBs. There are currently 13 teams with the same or worse record as the Jets, and the Jets have a pretty easy schedule going forward (except Pats 2x).    

7 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I like Hack. I really do. I think he will be ready to make a push for the starting QB next year. People can say what they want. But that is what I believe from seeing him play and knowing what he is capable of. The Jets are actually not in the worst QB situations going into the offseason with Petty and Hack as their only commitments at the QB position- both cheap ones at that. I don't see them drafting a QB early. Oline and CB are much more likely. And I'm not s sure they will end up with a top 10 pick either. If they go 5-5  into the bye, you will see a big push for the playoffs. Yes, they will probably end up 8-8 or 7-9 but that won't get them a top 10 pick, IMO...or at least not a pick high enough to get one of the top QBs. There are currently 13 teams with the same or worse record as the Jets, and the Jets have a pretty easy schedule going forward (except Pats 2x).    

I would prefer to have him ready to take over this team in 2018 when I believe Gailey will retire and the QBs coach will become the OC .  This calls for patience by the owner and the GM, because the media and the fans have no patience for this kind of development . 

22 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I would prefer to have him ready to take over this team in 2018 when I believe Gailey will retire and the QBs coach will become the OC .  This calls for patience by the owner and the GM, because the media and the fans have no patience for this kind of development . 

Fair enough. But if he looks ready you have to let him compete. If he competes and wins out, you can't force him to sit. And I don;t think there is nec. anything wrong with continuing to learn in actual NFL games. In a way, that's the only way you CAN learn. So I think if the coaching staff believes he has cleaned up some of his weaknesses and looks good in camp next year, he will get a chance to compete for the starting gig. It depends a lot on what the Jets decide to do as far as bringing another QB (veteran). 

I will be really pissed if we draft a Cb in the the 1st round if we are in the top 10.  It might even be the right thing to do but I can't take more defensive 1st rounders when our D stinks.  the only position on D i would endorse is a pass rushing olb.  (But bowles would hamper his deployment )

Archived