"Ryan's Our QB"- Todd Bowles

JohnnyLV

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Possible, but extremely unlikely. If it happens this early, they need to go very negative in the press and cite specifics of poor job performance. Otherwise it'll just look like a GM covering up his own failures a year after he team won 10 games. 

Harbaugh is on a guaranteed $10M/yr deal. He chose this path despite NFL opportunities post-SF. Michigan is ranked 3rd in the country (?) and are undefeated. He has the perfect coach's life, where he's treated like a deity. He would never, ever come to the freaking Jets in 2017.

did "Strange Staring" Harbaugh have some kind of meltdown this weekend?

Dr Mental in Action this weekend

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol where were you in the game thread? The excuses I heard ranged from Anderson must have been hurt since he wanted to come off the field after the play, to being due to some bad woman named Miss Communication. That Fitz never could have realized his receiver would run in the direction of empty, open field towards the post, instead of the side with the DB.

Anderson ran a perfect route. Lot of good that does. 

I didn't get the game; I normally spend time with my family on Sundays and went to a long/late lunch for my birthday. Sometimes when I am home, I will follow the game in the thread or using the NFL app. Watched the game last night.

7 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I'm starting to think this may actually happen. A few weeks ago, I would have sworn there was no way they would fire him. I figured it's only his second season, and the team won 10 games last year. But the team looks completely disfunctional right now. Bowles appears to be losing control of the team. 

If it happens, either let Mac pick his own guy, or give full control to someone like Jim Harbaugh. 

so we fire Macc because Blowes, a coach he did not pick, cannot coach?

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm one of those (or was).  Romo is a joke, and trading for such a fragile player a massive mistake.

Best course now that Fitz has failed utterly and Geno cracked like the softboiled egg he is, is to give Petty his test drive for the remainder of 2016.

Blatant mischaracterization.  

Fans like me believe the best way to develop a young QB (or two) is to have them sit, and learn, behind a good-guy-but-tossaway veteran with the right attitude and preparation and the like.  That this best balances a desire to win-now with building for the future.

I do not believe following the Geno Smith/Mark Sanchez play-them-right-away-and-watch-them-bust model works very well.  

Yes, I believe so-called "fans" who root for their own team to lose by week 4, and who root actively for their own players to be hurt, are beneath contempt.  

I make no apologies for that, those people are detestable.  Frankly, if this site had any morality, such posts would be moderated.  It's simply sad that some of our Mods seem to agree with the "hope Fitz gets hurt" rhetoric enough to let it stand without question.

Nothing is beneath contempt.  Contempt is applicable at all levels.

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Possible, but extremely unlikely. If it happens this early, they need to go very negative in the press and cite specifics of poor job performance. Otherwise it'll just look like a GM covering up his own failures a year after he team won 10 games. 

Harbaugh is on a guaranteed $10M/yr deal. He chose this path despite NFL opportunities post-SF. Michigan is ranked 3rd in the country (?) and are undefeated. He has the perfect coach's life, where he's treated like a deity. He would never, ever come to the freaking Jets in 2017.

He also thinks he is a deity, but I know better. I saw him throw.

Archived