"Ryan's Our QB"- Todd Bowles

JohnnyLV

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lets make a deal, bench Fitz, and along with him the entire Defense and Special Teams units.  Because they're just as bad as Fitz is, no matter how much the excuse makers try to pretend they're not.

The defense held them to 2 FG's in the 2nd half despite the fact Fitz was his typical awful self.  You can only ask the D to do so much and they're only human after all.  When you keep seeing a bad QB put you in bad positions there's going to be a let down.

Geno wins this game going away.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO, we are "one trick ponies" because the decision to start Fitz was dumb 3 weeks ago, was dumb 2 weeks ago, was dumb last week and is dumb this week. When a coach is making the same dumb decision every week the fans will keep saying the same thing. 

You have no experienced Qb on the roster. He benched Fitz for Geno who got a season ending injury. So they were stuck with Fitz. Petty was injured too and still recovering.  Petty will soon get some starts which is ok with me. We didn't lose this game just because of Fitz but his red zone pick didn't help. 

If Bowles continues to start Fitz, it basically means he doesn't care anymore. There's no reason to play Fitz anymore, unless both Hack and Petty get season ending injuries. Both Suckpatrick and Bowles should be shown the exit door in January if Suckpatrick continues to start, along with 100-year old Chan Gailey. 

Funny thing about those putting in overtime to point out all the obvious non-Fitz problems with the Jets: Fitz is not close to good enough to overcome this widespread ineptitude.

It makes supporting the move to play him - and stubbornly + pathetically still believing the "gives us the best chance to win" lunacy - that much more stubborn and pathetic. 

Well, this is an interesting turn of events. I would have bet that he'd  come out saying " we'll have to watch the tape". He may regret saying something especially after he ate his words with Geno.

He probably is thinking that Fitz played well enough to win him this game today and if it weren't for his undisciplined Defence and piss-poor special teams, they would have brought home a victory today.

today was a case of the Coulda , shoulda , woulda's

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Fitz is not close to good enough to overcome this widespread ineptitude.

True.

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It makes supporting the move to play him - and stubbornly + pathetically still believing the "gives us the best chance to win" lunacy - that much more stubborn and pathetic. 

By all means, at 3-6, we can/should play Petty.

With 7 games left our fanbase will LOATHE Petty by seasons end, so we can look forward to THAT talk all offseason too.  Joy.

There is no chance at a Super Bowl. None. The D sucks, the special teams suck, the coaching sucks, the roster makeup mostly sucks.

What his team has are some good receivers to throw to (even in Decker's absence), and some good receivers out of the backfield for checkdown options.

This is a great time to put a young QB on the field.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

True.

By all means, at 3-6, we can/should play Petty.

With 7 games left our fanbase will LOATHE Petty by seasons end, so we can look forward to THAT talk all offseason too.  Joy.

If he sucks no one will care much. No one is invested in him enough to loathe him. Should that happen it is still useful: it's known the team needs someone else. Not the best outcome, of course, but better than first finding out next year because we didn't get a long enough look at him this year. 

The Jetsy thing to do is give him barely 1/3 of 1 season's starts, so a few good games gets overblown with unwarranted optimism, and we are blind to false gold. Then the necessary action isn't taken this offseason, and yet another season is wasted in 2017.

Only givng him 6 starts - if he even gets that many - is tremendously myopic. It's only enough starts if he's really bad or really good and looks so during this short window of time. 

25 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If he sucks no one will care much.

Lol, if you say so.

No one is invested in him enough to loathe him.

Lol, if you say so.

Should that happen it is still useful: it's known the team needs someone else. Not the best outcome, of course, but better than first finding out next year because we didn't get a long enough look at him this year. 

The Jetsy thing to do is give him barely 1/3 of 1 season's starts, so a few good games gets overblown with unwarranted optimism, and we are blind to false gold. Then the necessary action isn't taken this offseason, and yet another season is wasted in 2017.

Let me prep you for the real world my friend.

In the real world, what Petty does in his 3-4 starts this year means nothing, because the Jets will do something TRULY stupid, like trade for Romo, Brees or some other has-been/never-was to soothe the fans who, this year, were rooting for Fitz to be hurt so the great Geno Smith could get his "fair chance".  

This saviour veteran who will, upon arriving, will either get hurt as he always does (Romo) or just sh*t the bed (Brees).

Or, better yet, we'll reach for an overhyped workout warrior #1 overall pick QB utterly unworthy of it then waste four-five years talking about "needs time" and "needs weapons" and "fair chance".

The odds we actually act like a real franchise, and develop Petty and Hack and/or another pick is nill.  This problem we have today will be our problem still half a decde from now.

Whats a sure thing is by this years end, one of the usual suspects here will be bleating on about hoping Petty gets hurt, so we can sign Glennon or some other dumb sh*t.

This is our fanbase.  They want all of the above.  

The reasoning is going to be they believe Fitz gives them the best chance to win...if that's he case then Petty should no longer be on the team....He should absolutely be cut...if a 2nd year QB isn't better than what we've seen from Fitz then he has no right being on an NFL roster.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

The reasoning is going to be they believe Fitz gives them the best chance to win...if that's he case then Petty should no longer be on the team....He should absolutely be cut...if a 2nd year QB isn't better than what we've seen from Fitz then he has no right being on an NFL roster.

Bowles, by his own admission, doesn't talk to Fitz all week.   That tells me he has almost no involvement with the offense - so how does he even know if Petty is ready to play or not?   

You cannot tolerate TO's in the redzone and that had been Fitzpatrick's MO all season.  If Petty can't hit the broad side of a barn I won't care as long as he doesn't throw int's in the redzone.  

5 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Bowles, by his own admission, doesn't talk to Fitz all week.   That tells me he has almost no involvement with the offense - so how does he even know if Petty is ready to play or not?   

You cannot tolerate TO's in the redzone and that had been Fitzpatrick's MO all season.  If Petty can't hit the broad side of a barn I won't care as long as he doesn't throw int's in the redzone.  

Do you think he meets with his position coaches and his OC ?  Fitzpatrick got himself benched, but Geno Smith played Santa and gave him an early Christmas present.

3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Bingo. 

Also have Hack ready to go.  And bring in a couple more QBs off the street.  Because you know Fitz will find some way to hurt a couple QBS.

We cannot allow him to set foot on the field again no matter what sort of black magic he uses.

LOL!!!!

I laughed when I saw this but then again one never knows................

3 hours ago, JiF said:

This guy tying his career to Fitz is classic.  Just Classic. 

Fitz must have one amazing boat for Marshall and bowles to stay aboard for so long.  That ship was sinking at an alarming rate the first half of the season.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree!!!!

If Petty isn't better than what we have seen in Fitz then I say cut bait now!!!

In all honesty is Fitz say better than Sanchez with all of these weapons?

I don't think so and that is saying an awful lot IMO....

Watching the game now; Fitz had Anderson wide open; not only does he overthrow him, but he threw it over the wrong shoulder. He hits Anderson for the big TD; the momentum is all on the Jets and the Miami D has to stop stacking the box. I was all for the Fitz signing, but his time has passed.

The one saving grace is that this is exactly what Bowles said right before he benched Ryan for Geno. My big fear is that Petty is either not ready or not good and if they put Petty in and he sucks - this season is going to last forever. They didn't play Geno for a reason. I hope in this case, Bowles is being overly conservative and Petty gives us hope for next year.

Archived