We all hate this team

Jetster

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

He's been a disaster this season. Forte has run for more yards and more TDs

Forte sucks.  Not because Ivory, but because he objectively sucks.  He's borderline useless in the redzone.  And his running between the 20's is barely adequate and propped up by getting more carries than his production warrants.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Warfish said:

Forte sucks.  Not because Ivory, but because he objectively sucks.  He's borderline useless in the redzone.  And his running between the 20's is barely adequate and propped up by getting more carries than his production warrants.

Bullsh*t. He's had a fine season. He's going to crack 1,000 yards. I don't care the number of carries

17 hours ago, Jetster said:

Herm has Penny take a knee & lose 3 yards before the FG, CLASSIC! 

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!" Um taking a knee instead of trying to get a closer FG is about as far as playing to win the game as you can get. That game was torture! So was Cleveland in 86. Miami in 82. These young kids have no clue how torturous this team has been to its fans. 

I'm only 22, but I feel like I've already experienced a large enough torturous sample size.

It started in the 2002 season when I was nine years old and we got shellacked at Oakland in the Divisional round. I cried for hours after the game.

Then I sat bedside in the hospital in Manhattan with my Dad (and Mom) in 2005 watching Doug Brien piss away our season at Pittsburgh.

Then in 2008 being so excited about Favre and 8-3 only to embarrassingly choke during the homestretch of the season.

And, as a couple have already said, the worst blow was the 2010 AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh. I had an epic meltdown after that game. It took a lot out of me, and I found myself mostly disinterested in the Jets for the next two seasons. Luckily, they were an unremarkable team.

In 2014, I got my hopes up again, only to watch them become a laughingstock. 

Then last year was a lot of fun, only to get kicked in the balls again. So I got drunk after the Buffalo game and said, "**** it, I'm not letting this team ruin my emotional wellbeing." 

Now, I just don't care. I watch on Sundays but this team is so unremarkably boring and emotionless that it's impossible to even get frustrated. In fact, I'm rooting for them to lose until we see a change at the quarterback position. 

25 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Bullsh*t. He's had a fine season. He's going to crack 1,000 yards. I don't care the number of carries

1,000 yards was impressive.  In 1985.

He's grossly ineffective, has done nothing in the passing game, nothing in the red zone, and what he's done between the 20's.....yawn.  2 yards and a cloud of dust, down at first contact, mostly.

I look forward to purging his worthless roster spot along with Fitz next off season. And undrafted free agent RB could give us more.

On 11/6/2016 at 7:27 PM, Jetster said:

When was the last time you truly hated the NY Jets? 

This current team is easy to hate. I can't stand team right now. I can't stand to look at Bowles with his cigar store Indian act. I absolutely ABHOR Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets wasting time with him. I can't stand Chan Gailey, who has zero creativity, it's like I was transported back to the 1990s with his inside handoff for 1 yard, inside handoff for 1 yard, 3rd & 8, punt. I found it hilarious that he was so afraid to let Petty throw it in the redzone but they bring Fitz back in & he literally closes his eyes & throws a pick to a Miami defender with not a Jet in sight.

I hate our new 85 million dollar man Mo Wilk, or the invisible man as I like to call him. I hate Kacey Rogers with a passion. I hate Calvin Pryor. I hate the fact we're paying David Harris 8 million dollars (I don't hate Harris but he's done as an NFL player). I hate Revis & his ole tackling, I hate Skrine who literally holds on every play, I hate Sheldon Richardson & his stupid comments, I hate Marcus (Charmin) Williams, I hate Woody Johnson, especially when he wears his Jet hat with a suit on. 

I really hate this whole group but for a few youngsters. I hate the fact that Marshall, Decker & Mangold lobbied for the worst QB in football, stunting the growth of a guy like Petty. Nick Foles @ 1.8 million would have been a better decision than Fitz who will still cost us 5 million on 2017s salary cap.

I don't even know who our special teams coach is but does he know you can squib kick if you think your kicker can't get it to the endzone. I've seen Belichick do that a few times in close games, I'm sure Ernie Adams figured, don't give up a big return. 

I hate this team as much as I've ever hated some of the worst Jet regimes. Herm (barbecue) Edwards, Bruce Coslet, Rexs last year. I can't even put Rich Kotite in the mix because his team fought like hell, and he discovered Chrebet.

This is for sure one of the unlikeable Jet teams in history. It's amazing with this group of misfits that we're right up against the salary cap! You can see there's too many players here that don't give a sh*t, well neither do I. Like others here I'm not even watching unless they move on to Petty. I hope there's 30,000 empty seats next weak if Fitz gets the start.

It's more of a huge disappointment ; like when you don't get the fire truck for Christmas .

On 11/6/2016 at 11:15 PM, billo83 said:

It's the QB's job to throw end zone picks in the 4th quarter?  Then go three and out with 5 minutes left in the game. Where can I apply for this job? I'll do it for 1% of what that bum is getting and held out for

This isn't tennis, it's a team sport.

Fitzpatrick threw a terrible endzone pick and then got the ball back a minute later and threw a gorgeous touchdown pass to give us the lead with 5 minutes left.

The 3 and out was atrocious playcalling, you can have Chan Gailey's head if you want it.

Blaming the journeyman quarterback isn't the answer.  The defense is on vacation, Geno Smith busted, the head coach has lost control, the penalties are unacceptable, there are many people to blame for this season before you point the finger at Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

On 11/6/2016 at 11:01 PM, billo83 said:

I'm not being hypocritical, I'm telling it like it is. Fitz sucks and is costing this team games. 

And a game manager Fitz is not. A game manager does not lead the league in interceptions and does not throw red zone interceptions like he does. Pennington was the classic game manager. Weak arm but threw very few interceptions, and had a high completion percentage. The only similarity to Penny is that Fitz has a noodle arm.

And again, you don't know if the Jets win if the ST play didn't happen. The fish could have scored a TD and burned clock with 5 minutes to go, especially with this defense. I noticed you conveniently didn't address this in your last post. 

I know you hate Geno, but you're the one being hypocritical with your excusing Fitz at every juncture. That end zone INT was inexcusable, period

First off, this isn't about Geno or Fitzpatrick.  I root for the laundry.  I don't grow attached to any player.

Next, when you take the KC outlier out of it, Fitzpatrick is on track to throw 1 INT per game, it's his 11 year average, this should surprise no one.

Next, if a quarterback leads your team down the field and gives you a lead with 5 minutes left, it's up to the defense and (in this case) special teams to make sure no one busts a 55 yard pass over Darrelle Revis head or a 98 yard kickoff return up the middle.

Lastly, the only thing out of line in our 3-6 season is the expectations of some Jets fans who should have known better.  They should be angry at themselves, not the journeyman quarterback.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This isn't tennis, it's a team sport.

Fitzpatrick threw a terrible endzone pick and then got the ball back a minute later and threw a gorgeous touchdown pass to give us the lead with 5 minutes left.

The 3 and out was atrocious playcalling, you can have Chan Gailey's head if you want it.

Blaming the journeyman quarterback isn't the answer.  The defense is on vacation, Geno Smith busted, the head coach has lost control, the penalties are unacceptable, there are many people to blame for this season before you point the finger at Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

i blame this bs 'competitive rebuild' philosophy that is preventing jet fans from watching young qbs.  the defense is mailing it in, they have the personality of the hc, no personality. but if fitz were my qb and i'm on d i would have no faith in this team.  the gm needs to intervene and finally start putting his imprint on this team b/c bowles only plays younger guys when he has no choice.  if decker were there they'd still be losing but we would not see robbie anderson and jalin marshall developing either.  we're sold a false bag of goods that fitz/brandon/revis/harris/decker/mangold are the vanguards of this team but combined they've really crapped the bed this year.  and bowles does not have the balls to call these guys out, or admit that the younger guys are as good if not better.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i blame this bs 'competitive rebuild' philosophy that is preventing jet fans from watching young qbs.  the defense is mailing it in, they have the personality of the hc, no personality. but if fitz were my qb and i'm on d i would have no faith in this team.  the gm needs to intervene and finally start putting his imprint on this team b/c bowles only plays younger guys when he has no choice.  if decker were there they'd still be losing but we would not see robbie anderson and jalin marshall developing either.  we're sold a false bag of goods that fitz/brandon/revis/harris/decker/mangold are the vanguards of this team but combined they've really crapped the bed this year.  and bowles does not have the balls to call these guys out, or admit that the younger guys are as good if not better.

+1

Great post, agreed.  Bowles has clearly lost control and that's a bigger issue than the QB, the secondary, the DL.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

+1

Great post, agreed.  Bowles has clearly lost control and that's a bigger issue than the QB, the secondary, the DL.

SAR I

he is also clearly the wrong coach to usher in the new jet qbs.  he knows nothing about offense.  this team needs a mike mccarthy to work with the young qbs, this team finally needs a true new identity that gets away from the defense-first from both the head coach and the drafts.  

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

he is also clearly the wrong coach to usher in the new jet qbs.  he knows nothing about offense.  this team needs a mike mccarthy to work with the young qbs, this team finally needs a true new identity that gets away from the defense-first from both the head coach and the drafts.  

Like many have said, its finally time to get an offensive minded HC in here. Team has a bevy of young good WRs. Draft a stud RB & gets some kick azz tackles in here. You can always find a fired previous HC with defensive pedigree to run the defense.The NFL has made it easy for good offenses to THRIVE! Of course you need a trigger man.

Look at Carr! Broke the Raiders yardage record. Matt Ryan is on fire, Brees is killing it, Rivers is back to his old self, Brady & the Pats are unstoppable. Give a young guy like Josh McDaniel another chance. He got his feet wet in Denver, I'm sure he learned a lot. One thing Josh knows is you better go for TDs vs the Pats! Maybe take some chances on 4th & 1 ect. You have to admire how well he had Garapolo prepared in the opener in Arizona!

It would at least make the Jets watchable,lol.

On 11/6/2016 at 7:45 PM, FidelioJet said:

It's a very unlikable group of players...I have to agree..

Even Mangold, Decker and Marshall...their ridiculous love of Fitz has really turned me off to them.

Jalin Marshall, Charone Peake, Robbie Anderson, Leonard Williams, Darron Lee, Jordan Jenkins? I think the young guys on the team are very likable so far and will be a good foundation to build on.

lol @ the title of this thread

4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Jalin Marshall, Charone Peake, Robbie Anderson, Leonard Williams, Darron Lee, Jordan Jenkins? I think the young guys on the team are very likable so far and will be a good foundation to build on.

^stop making me find a silver lining-it's ruining my vibe

I do not hate this team. I am disappointed.  I am always disappointed when guys take a ton of money and act and play like turds.  I have been a Jet fan for a long time (since they were not even Jets).  Hate is not in my sports dictionary.  Disappointment, on the other hand, has been rife throughout my tenure as a Jet fan.

Archived