Jets Passing Offense Film Review – Week 9 (Dolphins) Bad Magic

JetNation

13 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

that's what I said in different words.  we lose out with fritz so save the bodies of our players and forfeit the season.  same effect, we will lose out with the beard  :D

Lol.  I just don't want to see Fitzpatrick out there again, completely useless seeing him trot out there, stand at the line, point to some random defender and then throw a bad pass.  

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Robbie Anderson should have about 6 TD'S this season. F'ing Fitz.

Anderson would be on every rookie breakout star lists if it wasn't for Fitzpatrick.  

Great job by the site (Glenn)!!!  Anyone that wants to blame Gailey needs to watch these all-22

breakdowns.  It's amazing the numerous TD's and first downs Fitzpatrick misses in EVERY

game.  A competent QB HAS to make those plays, Fitzpatrick is not competent

7 hours ago, win4ever said:

He left more than 10 on the field, missed wide open throws numerous times.  

It's insane how good the receivers are at getting open, and more insane at how adept Fitzpatrick is at missing them.  

See this is the key point!!

We actually have WRs who are getting open not like three or four years ago when guys were running the wrong routes and not competing.  Could anyone imagine what would happen if we had an Aaron Rogers or Brady out here?????/

6 hours ago, Snell41 said:

What's frustratingly obvious is Chan has had to dig extremely deep in the playbook ensuring variety within the primary receiver on each play. If Brandon Marshall was the primary read on every play pretty much every ball would be stubbornly thrown to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yet folks are literally blaming Chan for the offensive woes when any middle of the road starting QB would be feasting out there!!

5 hours ago, win4ever said:

I can't wrap my head around as to what Bowles actually sees in Fitz.  

-So far this year, he's the worst QB in the league, so it's not as if he's helping us win.  

-He won't be here next year

-The Jets have two young QBs that they need to evaluate

-Their young WRs are all centered around speed, the one thing Fitz negates

-They carried 4 QBs so they could have options

I'm not sure what tape he's watching on Tuesdays, but at this point, can we check him for CTE?   

Ok I finally figured out who you really are out here posting all these week after week after week.

The one individual who seems to know too much about what is going on out there on offense.  The one man who has time to break down game film and know in truth what is really going on!!!!

The one man who wants and needs to separate their legacy from Bowles stubbornness and Fitz' ineptitude .....

The one man who has no ties to the Jets but who has a legacy to protect!

Yea that's right... you are......CHAN GAILEY....... who is throwing folks who deserve it under the bus!!!

Am i right..well am I ... :)

6 hours ago, JiF said:

I cant imagine.  This weeks gif's are too much.  I've never seen so many easy throws missed in my life.  He could have completed that slant route to Marshall in the endzone by throwing it end over end, left handed.  It was the same throw he missed in the Cinci game (IMO both passes cost us the game).  The Cinci game he missed high, this game he missed wide.  And now you're seeing the WR's react to his terrible passes.  

The circus is in full effect.

The worst part, is that none of these throws are even remotely difficult, they just require someone who can move past his first read. The bullsh*t lazy rhetoric that he's a smart QB because he went to Harvard is probably my biggest announcer pet-peeve; all we need is a QB that has a decent arm and can make accurate throws. Dak has this team at or above .500, easily. F*ck it, I'm not even the biggest fan, but I say Deshaun Watson has this team at .500. It's just embarrassing. 

6 hours ago, August said:

I'm just scared if we start Petty something happens to Petty and Fitzpatrick gets trotted back out there. 

The curse of Fitzpatrick is alive and well.  I'm not even worried about it because Bowles doesn't have the balls to bench him for Petty right now.  

4 hours ago, KRL said:

Great job by the site (Glenn)!!!  Anyone that wants to blame Gailey needs to watch these all-22

breakdowns.  It's amazing the numerous TD's and first downs Fitzpatrick misses in EVERY

game.  A competent QB HAS to make those plays, Fitzpatrick is not competent

Thanks.  

I'm not even kidding, but I would have more faith in atleast 40 college QBs right now than Fitzpatrick.  They may not make the right reads, but they won't miss these easy throws.  It's the deep game that's worrisome because teams don't respect it at all.  

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

See this is the key point!!

We actually have WRs who are getting open not like three or four years ago when guys were running the wrong routes and not competing.  Could anyone imagine what would happen if we had an Aaron Rogers or Brady out here?????/

Brady or Rodgers (or Brees, Newton, etc) and this is a record setting group.  The depth is ridiculous and they can rotate in guys left and right at receiver without a drop off.  I would love to see Petty or Hackenberg with this group. 

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

And yet folks are literally blaming Chan for the offensive woes when any middle of the road starting QB would be feasting out there!!

It's a shame really because it looks like he's one of the best OCs we've had, and there is more of a chance he gets fired than Fitz getting benched at this point.  I want to see Petty in this system, because I remember he commented a while back that the system was similar to the one he ran at Baylor with the defensive reads and schemes.  

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ok I finally figured out who you really are out here posting all these week after week after week.

The one individual who seems to know too much about what is going on out there on offense.  The one man who has time to break down game film and know in truth what is really going on!!!!

The one man who wants and needs to separate their legacy from Bowles stubbornness and Fitz' ineptitude .....

The one man who has no ties to the Jets but who has a legacy to protect!

Yea that's right... you are......CHAN GAILEY....... who is throwing folks who deserve it under the bus!!!

Am i right..well am I ... :)

Lol, yup, You got me.  

I wish I was that good, probably wouldn't even get hired as a HS OC, lol.  

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

The worst part, is that none of these throws are even remotely difficult, they just require someone who can move past his first read. The bullsh*t lazy rhetoric that he's a smart QB because he went to Harvard is probably my biggest announcer pet-peeve; all we need is a QB that has a decent arm and can make accurate throws. Dak has this team at or above .500, easily. F*ck it, I'm not even the biggest fan, but I say Deshaun Watson has this team at .500. It's just embarrassing. 

Yeah, people keep hashing this smart thing over and over because he went to Harvard and did well on the Wonderlick.  He seems to be missing a few brain cells now with his play recognition and dumb interceptions.  

22 hours ago, Maxman said:

Great job with this again.

I am glad you covered the Anderson missed TD, he was more wide open than I even realized watching it live. And the throw to Marshall for another missed TD. Just bad.

Is that Peake that is wide open in # 7 above?

Anderson is looking like a player.

12 hours ago, chirorob said:

Management Skills of Enron for the win.

Excellent as always, thank you!!

Thanks.  

I wish I was thinking about Sheldon missing meetings when I was writing this.  For the DT dropping back, I should have wrote "Sheldon must have missed that practice" quip.  

2 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Great analysis! Too bad so many (all?) of the Fitz apologizers from the game thread are missing here. Many were actually blaming Anderson for the missed wide open TD...unbelievable!

Bullsh*t, dude. Try reading and or keeping to the facts: 

7 hours ago, RaoulDuke said:

Thanks for doing these. Always a good read.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Great analysis! Too bad so many (all?) of the Fitz apologizers from the game thread are missing here. Many were actually blaming Anderson for the missed wide open TD...unbelievable!

Thanks, I don't think there are many supporters anymore.  

5 hours ago, shevys said:

Thanks, I think. I hate him even more after seeing this. The lob pass to the end zone was inexcusable and he should be benched just for that alone. 

Thanks, I hate doing these because it just makes me angry and sad at the same time, lol.  

3 minutes ago, Barkus said:

The first play to Quincy was especially aggravating. I would think they repped this play all week, first play of the game and he throws it into the ground, wtf??!! I'm sure hack or petty can just throw it into the ground too.

I think more than anything, No. 2 bothers me the most.  It's a throw that any QB can make and he misses it badly.  I still don't get how he missed that throw, he had time to throw, space to step into the pass, and still miss so badly.  He didn't even miss it long, he missed long and to the right.  It's such a horrible pass.  

46 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I think more than anything, No. 2 bothers me the most.  It's a throw that any QB can make and he misses it badly.  I still don't get how he missed that throw, he had time to throw, space to step into the pass, and still miss so badly.  He didn't even miss it long, he missed long and to the right.  It's such a horrible pass.  

No doubt it was bad, but anything this Jagoff throws more than 15yds is basically a prayer anyway so I expected him to miss that one. 

5 hours ago, Barkus said:

No doubt it was bad, but anything this Jagoff throws more than 15yds is basically a prayer anyway so I expected him to miss that one. 

I still can't see what the coaching staff is looking at with him.  Last year, the tape said he was mediocre but the stats said he was better, so I understood it.  However, this year everything says he sucks but we refuse to move on from him.  

I was looking at the Rams against a diminished Cards team that has some weapons, and they seemed to be very adept at playing single high safety with aggressive line backers.  This is the type of defense that Fitz just can not handle at all.  Even if he starts, I'd be shocked if he finishes this game because this one has ineptitude incoming written all over it.  Not to mention a hurt offensive line, but these line backers tend to be very aggressive (at least in that game) which spells trouble for Fitz's inaccurate passes. 

Archived