Mock Drafts Show Experts Already Split on Jets Choice

JetNation

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Peppers against NFL tight ends would be bad news. He's just not big enough. 

You attack with Peppers and move him to places he can make plays. Same way you would use Ed Reed, Polamalu, or Rodney Harrison.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

May have been, but it would be crazy to give up on the season after going 10-6 the year before by going to Geno/Petty/Hack.  If Woody caves to public pressure, can you imagine what the fans would be saying right now if they were 1-9 and Fitz was on the bench somewhere else?

If that happened, you'd have Jets fans openly rooting for a Patriots win tomorrow....oh wait....

?

if Woody and the fans haven't learned that early success doesn't equal sustainable success, then they're idiots after watching early success distort the campaigns of Herm, Mangini, Rex, and now Bowles. Any fan who was sitting there after watching Fitz implode against Rex to cost us the playoffs, rooting for us to re-sign Fitz should be barred from the arena. They're the reason the Jets have no hope.

Just now, RSJ said:

You attack with Peppers and move him to places he can make plays. Same way you would use Ed Reed, Polamalu, or Rodney Harrison.

Okay. Not worth a top 5 pick. We heard the same stuff about Darron Lee. This staff seems inept at putting players into a position to make plays. 

Indifferent is something I think most fans could live with.  That's what happens when the season comes to an end so quickly.  Cheering for the Pats and hoping for the Jets to play terrible is a completely different thing.

There's no benefit for rooting against the Jets tomorrow. If they fire Bowles, you're not going to get a credible candidate to even interview for the job. They're also drafting a cornerback or tackle whether they get pick 3 or 15. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

?

if Woody and the fans haven't learned that early success doesn't equal sustainable success, then they're idiots after watching early success distort the campaigns of Herm, Mangini, Rex, and now Bowles. Any fan who was sitting there after watching Fitz implode against Rex to cost us the playoffs, rooting for us to re-sign Fitz should be barred from the arena. They're the reason the Jets have no hope.

As I said during the off-season when everybody was saying Fitz had no leverage...the Jets depth chart at QB w/o him on the roster was his leverage.  They were idiots for holding on to a QB they had no faith in and should have brought in a better option to at least compete with Fitz.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

There's no benefit for rooting against the Jets tomorrow. If they fire Bowles, you're not going to get a credible candidate to even interview for the job. They're also drafting a cornerback or tackle whether they get pick 3 or 15. 

There is always hope that Woody will have his Leon Hess moment and finally man up to go and get a credible coach.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Okay. Not worth a top 5 pick. We heard the same stuff about Darron Lee. This staff seems inept at putting players into a position to make plays. 

This staff has Darron Lee covering TEs downfield and still has Calvin Pryor in man against slot receivers. Drafting Peppers--who no one knows what he can actually do well except return punts--would be ludicrous.

Just now, AFJF said:

As I said during the off-season when everybody was saying Fitz had no leverage...the Jets depth chart at QB w/o him on the roster was his leverage.  They were idiots for holding on to a QB they had no faith in and should have brought in a better option to at least compete with Fitz.

They held onto Geno Smith because he was cheap and under contract signing someone else would have cost money  Macc's decision on Fitz is why I dont like him,

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

There is always hope that Woody will have his Leon Hess moment and finally man up to go and get a credible coach.

All Woody Johnson has to do is open up the vault $$$$$$$ the NFL is a business they will come. 

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Coaching is a fraternity. If they spike Bowles after two years, the job will be the most toxic situation in the league and you'll be interviewing Mike Shanahan and Jerry Glanville.

The only leverage Fitz had was the head coach announcing he was the starter immediately after Fitz cost us a playoff spot. And if that's the leverage that Maccagnan yielded to, then he's as stupid as the coach.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Coaching is a fraternity. If they spike Bowles after two years, the job will be the most toxic situation in the league and you'll be interviewing Mike Shanahan and Jerry Glanville.

Coaches are egomaniacs. As long as Woody opens up his wallet and agrees to not leave Manhattan for 4 years he will get anyone he wants.

Disagree this isn't the Elks or Moose lodge where they black ball candidates.

Just now, RSJ said:

Coaches are egomaniacs. As long as Woody opens up his wallet and agrees to not leave Manhattan for 4 years he will get anyone he wants.

The past two GM searches and Bowles coaching searches seem to suggest that nobody really wants this job in the first place. Coaches are egomaniacs, which means that the idea of being sacked after two seasons by a Q-Tip heir is unconscionable to them.

Just now, T0mShane said:

The only leverage Fitz had was the head coach announcing he was the starter immediately after Fitz cost us a playoff spot. And if that's the leverage that Maccagnan fell for, then he's as stupid as the coach.

I made that exact point this off-season, that Bowles handing the job to Fitz before he was even signed was a bad move and it definitely was.  However, Geno's back to back "Worst starting QB in the NFL" trophies didn't hurt Fitz either.

The past two GM searches and Bowles coaching searches seem to suggest that nobody really wants this job in the first place. Coaches are egomaniacs, which means that the idea of being sacked after two seasons by a Q-Tip heir is unconscionable to them.

Prior to the Jets hiring Bowles they interviewed no one they rushed into hiring Bowles for fear he would go elsewhere hiring Bowles was a bad decision. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah I don't know about that. There are only 32 jobs and money talks. I think the main problem is Woody's reputation to meddle and not sacking a coach after two years. You give a coach a pitiful record, lots of cap space, a high draft pick, lots of money and the promise he can do whatever he wants. That is not common and you can sell that.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I made that exact point this off-season, that Bowles handing the job to Fitz before he was even signed was a bad move and it definitely was.  However, Geno's back to back "Worst starting QB in the NFL" trophies didn't hurt Fitz either.

Independent of Geno sucking, allowing Fitz to hold a gun to the organization's head as 31 other teams laughed at them was endemic of a hopeless organization.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Prior to the Jets hiring Bowles they interviewed no one they rushed into hiring Bowles for fear he would go elsewhere hiring Bowles was a bad decision. 

Where do you come up with this stuff?  They interviewed Dan Quinn.  He was their top choice. Seattle kept on winning so the Jets couldn't sign him.  Bowles was their second choice but he was heading to Atlanta for what I believe was his second interview.  The Jets thought they would lose Bowles to the Falcons and didn't know for sure Quinn would take the job.  Scared of missing out on both, Woody said to get Bowles back to FP before he went to Atlanta.

They even flew out to Seattle before a Seahawks playoff game in hopes of signing Quinn if they lost, but they won, so Woody got back on the plane and went home.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Just now, RSJ said:

Yeah I don't know about that. There are only 32 jobs and money talks. I think the main problem is Woody's reputation to meddle and not sacking a coach after two years. 

The Woody Factor is everything, though. GMs wouldn't take the job, which is how we ended up with Idzik. If you'll recall, a bunch of quality candidates wouldn't even interview here. We only got Macc because he was a Casserly protege. Bowles was, like Rex, that allgdly hot assistant coach who was consistently passed over for jobs year after year, and, as with Rex, we're finding out why.

Independent of Geno sucking, allowing Fitz to hold a gun to the organization's head as 31 other teams laughed at them was endemic of a hopeless organization.

Tomato/Tomahto...their QB's suck.  

Please draft one or two or three or all of them this year.

Agree the fact that management and coaching allowed this is grounds for dismissal Bowles goes with the old standby instead of being abrasive and trying to move the organization forward everything is status quo with him.  Bowles is the problem here along with Gailey and Rodgers most defintiely the worst coaching staff in the NFL.  

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Where do you come up with this stuff?  They interviewed Dan Quinn.  He was their top choice. Seattle kept on winning so the Jets couldn't sign him.  Bowles was their second choice but he was heading to Atlanta for what I believe was his second interview.  The Jets thought they would lose Bowles to the Falcons and didn't know for sure Quinn would take the job.  Scared of missing out on both, Woody said to get Bowles back to FP before he went to Atlanta.

They even flew out to Seattle before a Seahawks playoff game in hopes of signing Quinn if they lost, but they won, so Woody got back on the plane and went home.

WHO ELSE was interviewed besides Dan Quinn? Please do tell. Back up what you say otherwise STFU.

Interviewing 2 candidates is not doing your due diligence in the NFL

WHO ELSE was interviewed besides Dan Quinn? Please do tell. Back up what you say otherwise STFU.

You said they interviewed nobody else.  I showed you that you were wrong and you resort to "okay, well besides HIM, who else did they interview" and resort to that childish type of language.

You could have just said, "Oh, I didn't know that".

Grow up.

The Woody Factor is everything, though. GMs wouldn't take the job, which is how we ended up with Idzik. If you'll recall, a bunch of quality candidates wouldn't even interview here. We only got Macc because he was a Casserly protege. Bowles was, like Rex, that allgdly hot assistant coach who was consistently passed over for jobs year after year, and, as with Rex, we're finding out why.

It was the same situation with Hess. He was the league's moron who used Steve Gutman as a GM. Steve Gutman couldn't tell the difference between a Linebacker and a Left Fielder in baseball. Finally he had some inward reflection and put his money out there. It was also Parcells wanting to be here - but Hess never would have made that move in 1989.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You said they interviewed nobody else.  I showed you that you were wrong and you resort to "okay, well besides HIM, who else did they interview" and resort to that childish type of language.

You could have just said, "Oh, I didn't know that".

Grow up.

I  knew I wanted Dan Quinn interviewing 2 candidates is not interviewing a bunch of candidates. 

Go check back I wanted Dan Quinn 

Todd Bowles is a moron I dont know how any Jets fan supports him.

I  knew I wanted Dan Quinn interviewing 2 candidates is not interviewing a bunch of candidates. 

Go check back I wanted Dan Quinn 

Why would I check something I couldn't care less about?   You said they interviewed nobody other than Bowles.  You were 100% wrong.  Actually, maybe you were 200% wrong since they also interviewed Tom Cable.

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

It was the same situation with Hess. He was the league's moron who used Steve Gutman as a GM. Steve Gutman couldn't tell the difference between a Linebacker and a Left Fielder in baseball. Finally he had some inward reflection and put his money out there. It was also Parcells wanting to be here - but Hess never would have made that move in 1989.

I suppose, and I think Harbaugh would be that guy, but I think the dye is in the wool right now. They're stuck with Bowles and Macc.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Why would I check something I couldn't care less about?   You said they interviewed nobody other than Bowles.  You were 100% wrong.  Actually, maybe you were 200% wrong since they also interviewed Tom Cable.

They interviewed no one 2-3 candidates is not doing your due diligence when hiring a head coach in the NFL. 

Todd Bowles is not the answer he doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach in the NFL

Just now, T0mShane said:

I suppose, and I think Harbaugh would be that guy, but I think the dye is in the wool right now. They're stuck with Bowles and Macc.

You are probably right. I don't see Woody having the same reflective moment Hess had anyway. There is no way they can not change DC and OL coaches though. I mean someone has to pay for the horrific play of both units.

Archived