Mock Drafts Show Experts Already Split on Jets Choice

JetNation

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

My preference would be a QB in rd 1, but I can live with no QB in rd 1 as long as they get Kelly in rd 2.  

Chad Kelly unfortunately tore his ACL, and won't be ready for the combine or any off season work outs so he probably won't get picked till rd 5, or later.  I liked Kelly to shame he got hurt.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Kelly won't be picked until rd 5 or later because of his ACL injury . 

Wow...I saw he was injured but read it was a meniscus, not a big deal.  Just looked that up and saw it was ACL also. Would love to see him sitting there in round 3 or later.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Chad Kelly unfortunately tore his ACL, and won't be ready for the combine or any off season work outs so he probably won't get picked till rd 5, or later.  I liked Kelly to shame he got hurt.

So draft him in round 5, cut either Petty or Hack and sign a veteran like Glennon.

No QB worth that high of a pick.....check

Would have to reach on a LT to some extent....check

RB's being mentioned are no Ezekiel Elliots and are fools gold that high....check

Hybrid playmaker there but we drafted a lesser version last year thus no need.....check

Possible dominant pass rushing olb there but our current coach like many others feels his scheme is more important than players and would turn our pass rushing olb into a set the edge or pass coverage olb....check

Top 2 or 3 real prospects are all dlineman and we already have so many we are playing them at LB.....check

Team need of a CB will magically become a fit with who ever is there even though we are drafting bpa.....check

Nah. In his first attempt he ran right past Prescott. The Jets have had a lot of those kind of pass rushers through time. Marvin Washington's specialty was looping around the QB only to have him step up and elude his reach. Looks like he has a hard time shaking blockers as well. Take the CB. 

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No QB worth that high of a pick.....check

Would have to reach on a LT to some extent....check

RB's being mentioned are no Ezekiel Elliots and are fools gold that high....check

Hybrid playmaker there but we drafted a lesser version last year thus no need.....check

Possible dominant pass rushing olb there but our current coach like many others feels his scheme is more important than players and would turn our pass rushing olb into a set the edge or pass coverage olb....check

Top 2 or 3 real prospects are all dlineman and we already have so many we are playing them at LB.....check

Team need of a CB will magically become a fit with who ever is there even though we are drafting bpa.....check

QB remains to be seen.

Taking Robinson at LT would 't be reaching at all.  He's a top-10 pick in sevearal mock drafts, just saw one that has him to Cincy at 6.

Agreed on RB...don't take one

Agreed on  hybrid, they just took one.

Williams has the tools to be a dominant PR, but do you take a part-time player that high?

If not QB, I think they do go CB and say he was "number one on our board"

31 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Tim Williams is our best shot at getting a real pass rushing OLB we are not passing on him to draft a running back or overrated qb prospect

Can he play DE in the NFL? The Jets are using 4 DT's on the DL currently and do not have a Snacks like NT. They will have to move McL and add a DE speed rusher to have. True 4 man DL.

Then they can work on the LB corps becoming a true 4/3

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not really. Nose tackle hasn't been a problem this year

Yes it has. We have a 4/3 DL using all DT's. The LB corps is still made for 3/4. That has lead to issues in the secondary. Signing McL was another bad error by Macc. McL is a good player. He was just not a good fir for the Jets as he is not a true NT.

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We need a shutdown CB and some quick big hit tackling machine LB's and S did I forget to mention a QB and a RB and OL help now where are we and who are we drafting..

We also need a head coach, offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator. 

A shutdown CB cannot help the team w/o a pass rush. Speedy DE or RB in round 1. Improves this team 

The safety play has been a huge issue. A. Lot of completed deep balls due to miscommunication and just poor play. Jabrill Peppers would change that from day 1. Smart guy who is extremely athletic, you can put him anywhere. Not only that, but he is a leader (which we haven't seen on our defense).

Jabrill or Oline

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

26 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Yes it has. We have a 4/3 DL using all DT's. The LB corps is still made for 3/4. That has lead to issues in the secondary. Signing McL was another bad error by Macc. McL is a good player. He was just not a good fir for the Jets as he is not a true NT.

They are 3rd in stopping the run. That is what a nose tackle is for. He's been fine.

Chad Kelly would be a great pick late in the draft to stash on the IR for a year and hope he develops. 

Peppers would be my first choice. Can be a playmaker at Safety/LB. Lee is a different player, imho. 

I am skeptical of Williams because of the Alabama factor and Watson because of the Vince Young factor.

I like Kizer - but he won't last to our pick.

Wouldnt mind trading down and rebuilding the OL either.

19 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Chad Kelly would be a great pick late in the draft to stash on the IR for a year and hope he develops. 

Peppers would be my first choice. Can be a playmaker at Safety/LB. Lee is a different player, imho. 

I am skeptical of Williams because of the Alabama factor and Watson because of the Vince Young factor.

I like Kizer - but he won't last to our pick.

Wouldnt mind trading down and rebuilding the OL either.

Peppers is 6 1 205 my concern is Bowles and where he would use him....great player NJ native 

Jake Butt Michigan TE is another good player 

Until we find a QB nothing else matters............

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

i don't want a Vet ...  ....  I do want 3 young promising QBs to compete next summer.

I agree.  You want a vet QB if you have a good team, and you want someone that can win a game or two if the starter is hurt, to maintain your chances at the playoffs.  That's not us.

It's a lot better for this team to miss out on the playoffs by a game or two (next year), if it means that we're developing a young QB.

There's nothing worse than going 7-9 with a bunch of declining vets (see Fitzpatrick, Ryan).  It's (obviously) better to be the Raiders with Carr.

Archived