Mock Drafts Show Experts Already Split on Jets Choice

JetNation

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they're coming off a 5-11 season, there's no way the GM has the guts to concede that he burned a two on Hackenberg, especially considering Kizer and Watson aren't can't-miss guys. Macc pushed all of his chips in on the Hack pick last year, which only compounds how indefensible it was. The big red flag on Maccagnan was that he was a scout who didn't understand the totality of running an organization, and that Hack pick was the definitive evidence that the red flag was spot-on. Unless Hackenberg has an epiphany this offseason, Macc effectively ended the careers of everyone on the current staff. 

It's your fault we don't have Marcus Mariota.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Power of the media and a fanbase on not only the GM but an owner

The coach and the GM treated Fitzpatrick like he was the second coming of Joe Montana from the second he was signed last year. Woody is a dolt, but I don't think he's the one to (solely) blame for Fitzpatrick re-signing.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The coach and the GM treated Fitzpatrick like he was the second coming of Joe Montana from the second he was signed last year. Woody is a dolt, but I don't think he's the one to (solely) blame for Fitzpatrick re-signing.

I see it as they were acting as if they knew Geno Smith was the only other experienced QB on the roster.

11 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I see it as they were acting as if they knew Geno Smith was the only other experienced QB on the roster.

Woody,Macc and Bowels were afraid Geno Smith was the answer at QB they purposely held him back fearing he would outplay sh*tzpatrick and $12 million dollar spending was a waste of money and a bad decision. 

11 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That hardly exonerates any of them, though. If you don't want to get stuck with Geno, then cut Geno. Instead they kept Geno, and Petty, and Hack, and still signed Fitzpatrick. Any way you slice it, they don't have a plan. They're a trifecta of ten year olds trying to cook spaghetti.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Woody,Macc and Bowels were afraid Geno Smith was the answer at QB they purposely held him back fearing he would outplay sh*tzpatrick. 

Dying to see which band of brilliant football minds come together and give Geno that well deserved 5-year/$120 million dollar deal in a few months.  

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they're coming off a 5-11 season, there's no way the GM has the guts to concede that he burned a two on Hackenberg, especially considering Kizer and Watson aren't can't-miss guys. Macc pushed all of his chips in on the Hack pick last year, which only compounds how indefensible it was. The big red flag on Maccagnan was that he was a scout who didn't understand the totality of running an organization, and that Hack pick was the definitive evidence that the red flag was spot-on. Unless Hackenberg has an epiphany this offseason, Macc effectively ended the careers of everyone on the current staff. 

That is a very fair point. All of his picks have been "scouting" picks so far, not just Hack. They have all been size/speed/age guys. I also agree he will not be picking a QB high unless its a cant miss guy. I see more of a new veteran added along with fixing the OL and Defense via the draft and free agency. I don't agree that this formula will not work though because I think it can. They do need to shake up the coaching staff though and roster though.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

That hardly exonerates any of them, though. If you don't want to get stuck with Geno, then cut Geno. Instead they kept Geno, and Petty, and Hack, and still signed Fitzpatrick. Any way you slice it, they don't have a plan. They're a trifecta of ten year olds trying to cook spaghetti.

In a perfect world they would have traded for Glennon, cut Geno and let Fitz go be a back-up somewhere else.

I understand wanting Fitz over Geno, but I don't understand not pursuing a better option than both.

Back on topic though....how would you feel about a LT instead of an offensive skill player?

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Dying to see which band of brilliant football minds come together and give Geno that well deserved 5-year/$120 million dollar deal in a few months.  

Probably no one but the fact that the Jets kept 4 QB's on the roster re-signed a bum chose a project in the 2nd round tells me we are in deep trouble. 

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

In a perfect world they would have traded for Glennon, cut Geno and let Fitz go be a back-up somewhere else.

I understand wanting Fitz over Geno, but I don't understand not pursuing a better option than both.

Back on topic though....how would you feel about a LT instead of an offensive skill player?

I am not sure Glennon would have made a difference. Not to exonerate Fitz from his 20 million int's - but the OL and Defense have been just as bad.

Just now, RSJ said:

I am not sure Glennon would have made a difference. Not to exonerate Fitz from his 20 million int's - but the OL and Defense have been just as bad.

Probably right, but he'd be a young QB who has played well and would offer a legit option moving forward.  

14 minutes ago, RSJ said:

That is a very fair point. All of his picks have been "scouting" picks so far, not just Hack. They have all been size/speed/age guys. I also agree he will not be picking a QB high unless its a cant miss guy. I see more of a new veteran added along with fixing the OL and Defense via the draft and free agency. I don't agree that this formula will not work though because I think it can. They do need to shake up the coaching staff though and roster though.

Honestly, I don't think they'll be given the time to build the OL and defense. The #1 issue with Bowles is that he's boring and the team is boring. Max tried to give away tickets to the Pats game and nobody entered. I saw elsewhere a guy actually won tickets to the Pats game and declined. Woody only understands revenues, which is why Rex survived here for an extra 2 years. If the stadium is empty tomorrow, the clock starts for Bowles and Macc. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Honestly, I don't think they'll be getting given the time to build the OL and defense. The #1 issue with Bowles is that he's boring and the team is boring. Max tried to give away tickets to the Pats game and nobody entered. I saw elsewhere a guy actually won tickets to the Pats game and declined. Woody only understands revenues, which is why Rex survived here for an extra 2 years. If the stadium is empty tomorrow, the clock starts for Bowles and Macc. 

Sad but true NY Jets football is boring you couldn't pay me to go to a home game. Been there done that Kotite era. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Honestly, I don't think they'll be getting given the time to build the OL and defense. The #1 issue with Bowles is that he's boring and the team is boring. Max tried to give away tickets to the Pats game and nobody entered. I saw elsewhere a guy actually won tickets to the Pats game and declined. Woody only understands revenues, which is why Rex survived here for an extra 2 years. If the stadium is empty tomorrow, the clock starts for Bowles and Macc. 

I didn't know that. It makes sense though. It's hard to find anything with this team that is watchable. I think the 95-96 teams were more entertaining.

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I think the pick of a tackle would be prudent, but it doesn't do anything to help the team in 2017. 

The right move for the franchise was to leave Fitz on the street, give Geno six starts, Petty six starts, and Hack four starts. See if any of them can play. Worst case scenario, you find out they all suck and you get a top three pick for your troubles. Instead, they begged for Fitz, signed Fitz, and now everyone--justifiably-- thinks the GM and coach are idiots. Literally everyone who's watched Fitzpatrick play 16+ starts knew that Fitzpatrick would revert to the mean. Except for the two halfwits currently running the Jets. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sad but true NY Jets football is boring you couldn't pay me to go to a home game. Been there done that Kotite era. 

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I didn't know that. It makes sense though. It's hard to find anything with this team that is watchable. I think the 95-96 teams were more entertaining.

Even last year, at 10-6, they were an absolute slog to watch. Now to be bad AND boring? Doom.

I think the pick of a tackle would be prudent, but it doesn't do anything to help the team in 2017. 

The right move for the franchise was to leave Fitz on the street, give Geno six starts, Petty six starts, and Hack four starts. See if any of them can play. Worst case scenario, you find out they all suck and you get a top three pick for your troubles. Instead, they begged for Fitz, signed Fitz, and now everyone--justifiably-- thinks the GM and coach are idiots. Literally everyone who's watched Fitzpatrick play 16+ starts knew that Fitzpatrick would revert to the mean. Except for the two halfwits currently running the Jets. 

Exactly I've been saying it for months evaluate the QB's Petty gets 3 games Hack gets 3 games nothing positive comes out of starting Ryan Fitzpatrick anymore this season. 

Todd Bowles is a moron I will stand by that. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly I've been saying it for months evaluate the QB's Petty gets 3 games Hack gets 3 games nothing positive comes out of starting Ryan Fitzpatrick anymore this season. 

Todd Bowles is a moron I will stand by that. 

If he wanted to save his job he would start Hack or Petty. It would build some limited excitement. Any vet that had a problem with it can sit. There is no way Fitz can be on this team next season.

May have been, but it would be crazy to give up on the season after going 10-6 the year before by going to Geno/Petty/Hack.  If Woody caves to public pressure, can you imagine what the fans would be saying right now if they were 1-9 and Fitz was on the bench somewhere else?

If that happened, you'd have Jets fans openly rooting for a Patriots win tomorrow....oh wait....

Just now, varjet said:

I can see them using a second round flyer on a qb prospect that falls through the first round,. When you don't have a franchise qb you need to do that.

The Jets should hire a director of qb development.

Agree or at least 3 former hall of fame QB's to evaluate the rookie QB's Jets and draft day is a scary time of year. 

Just now, AFJF said:

May have been, but it would be crazy to give up on the season after going 10-6 the year before by going to Geno/Petty/Hack.  If Woody caves to public pressure, can you imagine what the fans would be saying right now if they were 1-9 and Fitz was on the bench somewhere else?

If that happened, you'd have Jets fans openly rooting for a Patriots win tomorrow....oh wait....

Jets fans will be openly rooting for the Patriots tomorrow anyway....watch and see. 

Jets fans will be openly rooting for the Patriots tomorrow anyway....watch and see. 

How could you not bet at least indifferent about this game? All that matters now is draft position and player development. 

Just now, RSJ said:

How could you not bet at least indifferent about this game? All that matters now is draft position and player development. 

Indifferent is something I think most fans could live with.  That's what happens when the season comes to an end so quickly.  Cheering for the Pats and hoping for the Jets to play terrible is a completely different thing.

I wont be there you couldn't pay me to be there and I will be rooting for the Jets to win. 

Peppers just had an INT 

Yeah I will never root for a loss - but I will be hardly upset if they dont win. If that makes sense.

Yeah Peppers is a difference maker and would give the team an identity. 

Archived