Rex 6th straight season

kevinc855

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Does anyone else have this lingering terror like the joke is gonna be on us yet again? Every time we do this Rex takes us down with him. 2 years ago we laughed and then he cost us Mariota and then Cooper just to **** with us. Last year we laughed at him and then he knocked us out of the playoffs. This year I feel like we'll have a top pick locked up and he'll let us win that last game of the season just to **** with us. 

As I said in the MNF thread, we are beating the Bills and Miami, are going to rally for about 4 more wins, will deep six our draft position, will make the coach and gm think we are 'close', Fitz will play great, petty will get a quarter or so of playing time, fitz will be back as our starter next year.  We will go through another off season from hell on this forum with the usual suspects bleating about fitz in every single post of every single thread.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Coaching an NFL team and not making the playoffs. By far the worst NFL head coach in the league

I think Jeff Fisher would give Rex a run for his money, not to mention Todd Bowles who I think is pretty bad himself.

44 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

You may want to check the W-L with Cassell Brissett Bledsoe Garapolo

Cleveland doesnt count it is ancient history and they havent won anything since leather helmets

BB without Tom Brady

1991-1995 Browns(5 full seasons, 80 games)

2000 Patriots(1 full season, 16 games)

2001 Patriots first 2 games(2 games)

2007 Patriots last 15 games(15 games)

2016 Patriots first 4 games(4 games)

Basically 7 full seasons, 117 games

54-63, 46%

ONE playoff app(1994 Browns wildcard)

ONE playoff win(1994 Browns wildcard game at home)

1-1 playoff record

One div round app(1994 Browns)

ZERO div titles

ZERO title game apps

ZERO SB apps

2 winning seasons

5 losing seasons

BB with Tom Brady

2001 Patriots final 14 games(14 games)

2002-2007 Patriots(6 full seasons, 96 games)

2008 Patriots 1 game(1 game)

2009-2015 Patriots(7 full seasons, 112 games)

2016 Patriots(8 games so far)

Basically 14 full seasons, 231 games

179-52, 77%

13 playoff apps

22 playoff wins

22-9 playoff record, 71%

12 div rd apps

10 title game apps

6 SB apps

Won 4 SBs

14 winning seasons

ZERO losing seasons

22 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

BB is the GOAT when it comes to NFL coaches and that sucks to say as a jet fan 

He’s great but not the greatest not when he has been such a spectacular failure w/o Brady. 

23 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

BB without Tom Brady

54-63, 46%

1-1 playoff record

ZERO div titles

ZERO title game apps

ZERO SB apps

2 winning seasons

5 losing seasons

BB with Tom Brady

179-52, 77%

13 playoff apps

22 playoff wins

22-9 playoff record, 71%

12 div rd apps

10 title game apps

6 SB apps

Won 4 SBs

14 winning seasons

ZERO losing seasons

He’s great but not the greatest not when he has been such a spectacular failure w/o Brady.

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

BB without Tom Brady

54-63, 46%

1-1 playoff record

ZERO div titles

ZERO title game apps

ZERO SB apps

2 winning seasons

5 losing seasons

BB with Tom Brady

179-52, 77%

13 playoff apps

22 playoff wins

22-9 playoff record, 71%

12 div rd apps

10 title game apps

6 SB apps

Won 4 SBs

14 winning seasons

ZERO losing seasons

Thats a lot of cut and paste but still doesnt answer the question. What was the record with Brissett Garrapolo Cassel? Spectacular failure LOL

19 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Thats a lot of cut and paste but still doesnt answer the question. What was the record with Brissett Garrapolo Cassel? Spectacular failure LOL

2-0 w/ Garrapolo who was a high pick being groomed under the greatest QB of all time and 1-1 w/ Brissett.  

look at the #s, 1 PO app in 7 full seasons.  that is a failure.  

I think the sample size on Bowles is too small to say for sure that he's a bad coach. The knee jerk overreactions on this board are pretty intense -- he went 10-6 his first year and hasn't had a very talented team to work with. I know people are just losing their minds because he keeps playing Fitzpatrick but I think it's pretty obvious at this juncture why. We had two NFL caliber QBs on the roster and one of them tore his ACL.

With Rex we know exactly what he is, 8 years is a long enough tenure as HC for sure.

Carucci noted that Ryan looked "absolutely dumbfounded" during his postgame press conference, still stunned by a defense that gave up 29 unanswered points over the final 19 minutes of play. On the outside looking in, the Bills likely need to win out and hope for other teams to implode for any shot at January.

"Sometimes you feel that momentum shift and it just snowballed on us," Ryan said. "Sometimes, I think we lose confidence. You can't ever have that happen to you."

Things don't change, REx's vaunted defense comes up small when needed the most.  Even before the 2nd half collapse it was Rex as usual, letting the Raiders drive about 40 yards in about 30 seconds to kick a fg at the end of the half.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Carucci noted that Ryan looked "absolutely dumbfounded" during his postgame press conference, still stunned by a defense that gave up 29 unanswered points over the final 19 minutes of play. On the outside looking in, the Bills likely need to win out and hope for other teams to implode for any shot at January.

"Sometimes you feel that momentum shift and it just snowballed on us," Ryan said. "Sometimes, I think we lose confidence. You can't ever have that happen to you."

Things don't change, REx's vaunted defense comes up small when needed the most.  Even before the 2nd half collapse it was Rex as usual, letting the Raiders drive about 40 yards in about 30 seconds to kick a fg at the end of the half.

Agreed about Rex's vaunted D coming up small when needed most.  That was the signature thing about our D actually.  At the end of the year we'd be ranked top 5 in some stat but ultimately we couldn't make a stop when we needed it.  I always had hopes we'd be a dominant D (including going into this year) but it has never happened (Rex and post-Rex era).

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed about Rex's vaunted D coming up small when needed most.  That was the signature thing about our D actually.  At the end of the year we'd be ranked top 5 in some stat but ultimately we couldn't make a stop when we needed it.  I always had hopes we'd be a dominant D (including going into this year) but it has never happened (Rex and post-Rex era).

to be fair they came up big in all of our playoff wins and some other big games along the way.  they did have a bunch of blown leads but our Ds were usually very good under him.

40 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think the sample size on Bowles is too small to say for sure that he's a bad coach. The knee jerk overreactions on this board are pretty intense -- he went 10-6 his first year and hasn't had a very talented team to work with. I know people are just losing their minds because he keeps playing Fitzpatrick but I think it's pretty obvious at this juncture why. We had two NFL caliber QBs on the roster and one of them tore his ACL.

With Rex we know exactly what he is, 8 years is a long enough tenure as HC for sure.

he's awful so far, I  hope he gets better but a well coached team here and we easily make the playoffs last year and are contending this year.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

to be fair they came up big in all of our playoff wins and some other big games along the way.  they did have a bunch of blown leads but our Ds were usually very good under him.

Not saying our D wasn't good and didn't keep us in games (certainly it wasn't Sanchez!) but they certainly weren't what you'd describe as "clutch".

Just now, nyjunc said:

Our D was bad in both afc title games.  Vs Indy their 3rd/4th wr killed our 3rd/4th cover men and we had no answer.  Vs Pittsburgh they ran it down our throats and put us in such a hole the team couldn't come back

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I agree.. look at the colts, near the league every yr with Peyton.. The year he missed they have the worst record in the entire league.. 

Indy tanked that year, a year later they were back in the playoffs

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not saying our D wasn't good and didn't keep us in games (certainly it wasn't Sanchez!) but they certainly weren't what you'd describe as "clutch".

Sanchez was crucial to those runs but we were led by our D.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Our D was bad in both afc title games.  Vs Indy their 3rd/4th wr killed our 3rd/4th cover men and we had no answer.  Vs Pittsburgh they ran it down our throats and put us in such a hole the team couldn't come back

they were bad in both title games but they also led us there. I'd rather have that shot than be bad in Buffalo week 17 and miss the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

they were bad in both title games but they also led us there. I'd rather have that shot than be bad in Buffalo week 17 and miss the playoffs.

IIRC, Sanchez was a "game manager" for the most part in those wins.  That SD win he had one impact play - the passing TD in the right side of the end zone.  I will say that he played well in the 1st half of the Indy AFC title game loss though. 

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

IIRC, Sanchez was a "game manager" for the most part in those wins.  That SD win he had one impact play - the passing TD in the right side of the end zone.  I will say that he played well in the 1st half of the Indy AFC title game loss though. 

He was outstanding, near perfect at Cincy.  Had 3 incomplete passes and 2 were drops including what would have been a 50+ yd TD Braylon dropped.

At SD the #s aren’t great but he did manage the game well and made 2-3 huge 3rd down conversations.  He didn’t lose that game unlike Rivers for SD

At Indy 2010 WC game he was bad in the 1st half, we should have had a lead but I believe trailed 7-0.  In the 2nd half we ran more but he was outstanding including leading the GW drive on the road in the final minute setting up a chip shot FG for the win.

At NE he was the best QB on the field, on a field which included the best QB of all time.

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Indy tanked that year

lol ya maybe they tanked when they realized they weren't going win without Peyton lol.. 

year later they were back in the playoffs.

yes, because they had a amazing rookie qb by the name of Andrew Luck who was 7th in the league in passing yardage that yr..

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Indy tanked that year

lol ya maybe they tanked when they realized they weren't going win without Peyton lol.. 

year later they were back in the playoffs.

yes, because they had a amazing rookie qb by the name of Andrew Luck who was 7th in the league in passing yardage that yr..

the peyton love is ridiculous, we see how denver struggled w/o him last year and how they are again struggling w/o him.  Indy was preparing for post Peyton and they tanked, they weren't sure he could ever play again.

Peyton has 2 SB wins, he was carried by D in both SB runs outside of one great half in the '06 title game.

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the peyton love is ridiculous, we see how denver struggled w/o him last year and how they are again struggling w/o him.  Indy was preparing for post Peyton and they tanked, they weren't sure he could ever play again.

Peyton has 2 SB wins, he was carried by D in both SB runs outside of one great half in the '06 title game.

You do remember the yr before manning came to Denver they had the geat Tim tebow leading them to 8-8 and stealing a playoff game ha. They finished 8-8 though, when really they could have been like 4-12 without the man up stairs tilting the scoreboard somehow at the very end of all those games ha.. The next yr with Peyton they go 13-3. Then 13-3, 12-4, 12-4.. broncos already have 4 loses now.. 

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You do remember the yr before manning came to Denver they had the geat Tim tebow leading them to 8-8 and stealing a playoff game ha. They finished 8-8 though, when really they could have been like 4-12 without the man up stairs tilting the scoreboard somehow at the very end of all those games ha.. The next yr with Peyton they go 13-3. Then 13-3, 12-4, 12-4.. broncos already have 4 loses now.. 

they made the div rd, the same round they were eliminated in a year later w/ the great Peyton!:lol:

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ha but got to super bowl in 13, won in 15.. not too shabby for 4 years of work ☺️I'm sure tebow would have lead em to the bowl twice also lol 

Led high powered O to 8 pts in garbage time in the ’13 SB, was dragged kicking and screaming to a SB last year.  You could have QB’d that team to a title.  Literally did nothing except keep opponents in games.

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

For those of you following at home: Peyton Manning was "carried by D" in both of his Super Bowl-winning postseasons, while Mark Sanchez was "crucial" to two postseasons in which his team won nothing of consequence.

You try too hard to be funny, sometimes you hit and sometimes you miss.  We were led by our D in both title game runs but Mark was crucial to making them.  He made plays.  All Peyton did last year was keep opponents in games. 

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Led high powered O to 8 pts in garbage time in the ’13 SB, was dragged kicking and screaming to a SB last year.  You could have QB’d that team to a title.  Literally did nothing except keep opponents in games.

His arm was falling off last yr will give ya that.. they were ready to stay with Brock, but then that 1 game they getting beat and Brock couldn't do anything.. Peyton came in and led them back to win.. Father Time definitely caught up with him last yr, I think next yr it's gonna hit brady and he will be done after next yr..

Peyton does hold record for most passing yards in season, and touchdowns (55) Fitzpatrick barely gets over half that last yr and he thinks he is all pro.. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

His arm was falling off last yr will give ya that.. they were ready to stay with Brock, but then that 1 game they getting beat and Brock couldn't do anything.. Peyton came in and led them back to win.. Father Time definitely caught up with him last yr, I think next yr it's gonna hit brady and he will be done after next yr..

Peyton does hold record for most passing yards in season, and touchdowns (55) Fitzpatrick barely gets over half that last yr and he thinks he is all pro.. 

Den was losing 13-7 when they pulled Osweiler.  Peyton would go 5-9 for 69 yds w/ 0 TDs and 0 INts.  They wound up winning 27-20.

Peyton is an all time great but he was a terrible postseason performer and was carried by his Ds in his lone SB wins.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Den was losing 13-7 when they pulled Osweiler.  Peyton would go 5-9 for 69 yds w/ 0 TDs and 0 INts.  They wound up winning 27-20.

Peyton is an all time great but he was a terrible postseason performer and was carried by his Ds in his lone SB wins.

Peyton came up big when needed.. If we had Peyton in 09/10 we make it two both superbowls, probably win 1.. But we were stuck with the butt fumbler.. 

If Brady hadn't choked at the end of a Super Bowls against Giants, and few other playoff eliminations,  pats have another 3 rings easy..

18 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

While I can appreciate enjoying the failure of Rex because he's a blowhard and deserves all of the negative attention for it, this is kind of a glass house situation. The Jets are definitely not the franchise on the hill here. 

Well the simple fact that the Jets have won 2 division titles since the last time the Bills won one kind of makes us on the hill

Archived