Rex 6th straight season

kevinc855

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Peyton came up big when needed.. If we had Peyton in 09/10 we make it two both superbowls, probably win 1.. But we were stuck with the butt fumbler.. 

If Brady hadn't choked at the end of a Super Bowls against Giants, and few other playoff eliminations,  pats have another 3 rings easy..

he did not come up big, he kept opponents in the games.

Peyton’s entire career was spent w/ more talented teams than the 2009 or 2010 Jets and he only won 2 SBs but he was going to win the 2009/2010 Jets?   

Brady left the field in both SB losses with leads late in the game, the reason he lost those games was b/c when his D choked they didn’t give him enough time to come back unlike the first 2 SBs when he had enough time and he rescued the choking, overrated Ds.

In Brady’s 2 SB losses his D’s blew late leads

In Manning’s 2 SB losses- 1 he threw a pick 6 to end the game, in the other he led his O to 8 garbage time pts in a blowout.  Brady on the Colts/Broncos and he has 6 SB titles right now.

Peyton on NE and MAYBE they have 1.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he did not come up big, he kept opponents in the games.

Peyton’s entire career was spent w/ more talented teams than the 2009 or 2010 Jets and he only won 2 SBs but he was going to win the 2009/2010 Jets?   

Brady left the field in both SB losses with leads late in the game, the reason he lost those games was b/c when his D choked they didn’t give him enough time to come back unlike the first 2 SBs when he had enough time and he rescued the choking, overrated Ds.

In Brady’s 2 SB losses his D’s blew late leads

In Manning’s 2 SB losses- 1 he threw a pick 6 to end the game, in the other he led his O to 8 garbage time pts in a blowout.  Brady on the Colts/Broncos and he has 6 SB titles right now.

Peyton on NE and MAYBE they have 1.

I don't see 6 SBs for Brady with Denver or the Colts. I really don't. You make an argument for it but I don't see it. As for the Ls by NEP. Even though I rejoice in them I can't just blame them on the D. Even though over the years and this year BB likes to trade away his better D players so he doesn't have to pay them. Sure it's come back to bite him but I don't think so much against the Giants. The NEP D in those games only gave up 17 and 21 points. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't see 6 SBs for Brady with Denver or the Colts. I really don't. You make an argument for it but I don't see it. As for the Ls by NEP. Even though I rejoice in them I can't just blame them on the D. Even though over the years and this year BB likes to trade away his better D players so he doesn't have to pay them. Sure it's come back to bite him but I don't think so much against the Giants. The NEP D in those games only gave up 17 and 21 points. 

NE w/o Brady 2000-2001: 5-13

NE w/ Brady 2001: 11-3 reg season, 3-0 postseason

SL SB:  NE D became FIRST D EVER to blow double digit 4th qtr lead in the SB, Brady led last second win

Car SB: NE D became SECOND EVER to blow double digit 4th qtr lead, Brady led last second win

1st NYG SB: led 80 yd drive in final minutes to give NE 4 pt lead, D then allows NYG to go right down the field for the win

2nd NYG SB: left field late w/ a lead, D allows NYG to go right down field for the win

Sea SB: trailing 24-14 in the 4th wtr, Brady leads NE to 14 pts against one of greatest Ds of all time(same D that a year earlier w/ more talent around him Manning led to 8 garbage time pts for the entire game) to give 28-24 lead, D is on verge of blowing another but makes late play.

Manning always had more talented teams around him and always underachieved in January.  The first time Manning beat Brady was in 2006 when Brady’s top 2 weapons were Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney and he had no run game.  If Peyton has those guys he doesn’t even make the playoffs let alone give his D a huge lead in a title game.

Pts allowed per game in postseason in regulation:

Brady’s D’s: 623 pts in 31 games, 20.1 PPG

Manning’s D’s: 491 pts in 27 games, 18.2 PPG

Manning has led Os to ZERO, 3 and 8 pts in playoff losses

Lowest amount Brady has led an O to? 13

In the 2003 AFC Championship Peyton threw 4 INTs and led NE to 24-14 loss.  Indy complained to the league after the game about DBs mugging their WRs, the league changed the illegal contact rule favoring offenses like Peyton’s. 

One year later this time in the division round w/ the new rules Peyton led his high powered O to THREE pts in a 20-3 loss.

Peyton has been SHUT OUT in a playoff game.

Both are all time greats but Brady is the greatest and Peyton is top 10ish.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

2-0 w/ Garrapolo who was a high pick being groomed under the greatest QB of all time and 1-1 w/ Brissett.  

look at the #s, 1 PO app in 7 full seasons.  that is a failure.  

Cassell dont count. LOL now you are just trolling.

By your measure, looking at the earlier years of some careers  guys like Landry, Noll, Levy, Stram,Vermeil, Walsh and more would be bums.

8 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

By your measure, looking at the earlier years of some careers  guys like Landry, Noll, Levy, Stram,Vermeil, Walsh and more would be bums.

please tell me how many playoff games they made w/ him?  you do know they lost 5 more games w/ cassell in 2008 than w/ Brady in 2007, right? we lost 6 last year, if we go 5-11 it will be a 5 game difference from a year ago how close does last year feel to this year? and NE still missed the playoffs in 2008 w/ Cassell against a MUCH easier sched AND Cassell would lead KC to a div title 2 years later.

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

SL SB:  NE D became FIRST D EVER to blow double digit 4th qtr lead in the SB, Brady led last second win

Car SB: NE D became SECOND EVER to blow double digit 4th qtr lead, Brady led last second win

1st NYG SB: led 80 yd drive in final minutes to give NE 4 pt lead, D then allows NYG to go right down the field for the win

2nd NYG SB: left field late w/ a lead, D allows NYG to go right down field for the win

Sea SB: trailing 24-14 in the 4th wtr, Brady leads NE to 14 pts against one of greatest Ds of all time(same D that a year earlier w/ more talent around him Manning led to 8 garbage time pts for the entire game) to give 28-24 lead, D is on verge of blowing another but makes late play.

Manning always had more talented teams around him and always underachieved in January.  The first time Manning beat Brady was in 2006 when Brady’s top 2 weapons were Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney and he had no run game.  If Peyton has those guys he doesn’t even make the playoffs let alone give his D a huge lead in a title game.

In the 2003 AFC Championship Peyton threw 4 INTs and led NE to 24-14 loss.  Indy complained to the league after the game about DBs mugging their WRs, the league changed the illegal contact rule favoring offenses like Peyton’s. 

One year later this time in the division round w/ the new rules Peyton led his high powered O to THREE pts in a 20-3 loss.

You're giving Brady all the credit for NEP success. Like he wasn't the only good player added to the mix. There were guys like Adam Viniateri who had something to do with their success. And don't forget BB. But we've debated this before. No rings without BB imo. Hey they won three out of four this season without Brady. 

Just now, nyjunc said:

please tell me how many playoff games they made w/ him?  you do know they lost 5 more games w/ cassell in 2008 than w/ Brady in 2007, right? we lost 6 last year, if we go 5-11 it will be a 5 game difference from a year ago how close does last year feel to this year? and NE still missed the playoffs in 2008 w/ Cassell against a MUCH easier sched AND Cassell would lead KC to a div title 2 years later.

Like I said........you are trolling and you arent convincing anyone with a functioning neuron and 1 half functioning eyeball that Belechick is a failure.

11 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I am glad you brought up those other coaches.

Chuck Noll took over the worst franchise in the sport. he made his first SB w/ young, bad Bradshaw and Joe Gilliam splitting time.  He made a title game w/ Mark Malone, he made div round w/ BUBBY BRISTER.

Marv Levy got to title game w/ backup in 1992 before Kelly came came back and I wouldn't put Marv among all time greats

Stram had winning records w/ Mike Livingston, Cotton davidson, check out Dawson's record w/ Stram

Vermeil made SB w/ Jaworski, won SB w/ Warner then made playoffs w/ Trent Green

Walsh didn't coach much w/o Montana.

BB coached 7 FULL seasons w/o Brady and was a complete failure.  

BP won SBs w/ 2 different QBs, Gibbs 3 different, Shula made a SB w/ David Woodley, etc...

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You're giving Brady all the credit for NEP success. Like he wasn't the only good player added to the mix. There were guys like Adam Viniateri who had something to do with their success. And don't forget BB. But we've debated this before. No rings without BB imo. Hey they won three out of four this season without Brady. 

not all but he deserves the bulk of the credit.  no Brady, no Super Bowls and BB is a DC.

7 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Like I said........you are trolling and you arent convincing anyone with a functioning neuron and 1 half functioning eyeball that Belechick is a failure.

7 full seasons w/o Brady, 1 playoff app, 1 playoff win- that is success? just admit you have nothing to counter my arguments and move on rather than hurl childish insults.

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He's a .500 coach or worse in this league.

his teams have overachieved in all but 2-3 of his seasons.  give him the talent and he will win, he went into Indy w/ sanchez against manning and won, he went into Foxboro against greatest QB of all time w/ Sanchez and won.  give him a Brady and see what happens.  he has been MUCH more successful than BB was w/o Brady.

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

not all but he deserves the bulk of the credit.  no Brady, no Super Bowls and BB is a DC.

7 full seasons w/o Brady, 1 playoff app, 1 playoff win- that is success? just admit you have nothing to counter my arguments and move on rather than hurl childish insults.

his teams have overachieved in all but 2-3 of his seasons.  give him the talent and he will win, he went into Indy w/ sanchez against manning and won, he went into Foxboro against greatest QB of all time w/ Sanchez and won.  give him a Brady and see what happens.  he has been MUCH more successful than BB was w/o Brady.

Sorry if you feel insulted for pointing out that you are trolling the thread. However...

There are experts who can have a bowel movement and flush more football knowledge down the toilet than you will ever have who agree BB in the top 3-4 HCs ever.

Thats right BB... the failure guy who had the insight along with Pioli to take Brady  in the draft and then have the guts to trade away an all pro QB  former #1 pick to a division rival and stick with a 6th rounder as his starter.

But he is a failure LOL.

Troll on.

7 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Sorry if you feel insulted for pointing out that you are trolling the thread. However...

There are experts who can have a bowel movement and flush more football knowledge down the toilet than you will ever have who agree BB in the top 3-4 HCs ever.

Thats right BB... the failure guy who had the insight along with Pioli to take Brady  in the draft and then have the guts to trade away an all pro QB  former #1 pick to a division rival and stick with a 6th rounder as his starter.

But he is a failure LOL.

Troll on.

in addition to not knowing football we can add reading comprehension to your list of issues? when did we discuss the top 3-4? this was about greatest.  BB is an all time great but he's a DC somewhere today if Brady doesn't rescue his HC career.

so know you give him credit for drafting Brady but what about giving Bledsoe a $100 mil deal after the 2000 season? obviously he knew what he had w/ Brady:lol:

is there someone here who can debate me intelligently on this matter?

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He took over a 9-7 team that was fourth in points allowed and first in sacks, upgraded the QB, and still hasn't won diddly sh*t.

not all 9-7's are created equal, when that team had a chance to really get in the playoff race they failed. they lost to an awful raider team and gave up 26 pts.

last year the QB missed 3 games, Watkins missed time, McCoy missed time.  if those key guys are healthy they easily make the playoffs.

this year all the injuries and suspensions, it's miraculous what he has done to keep them competitive but as long as you are happy w/ Todd Bowles I can see why you wouldn't want Rex.

Peyton Manning won a Championship without having his opponents defensive setup sent to his helmet radio or without illegally deflating game balls after they were checked

Also he played on a team that actually had offensive holding called on them, something Brady has never once seen.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

BB is HOF w/wo Brady. And they are both SOBs.;)

On 12/4/2016 at 7:16 PM, kevinc855 said:

Coaching an NFL team and not making the playoffs. By far the worst NFL head coach in the league

Its hard for anyone to be as bad as Jeff Fisher.  Fisher is such a loser savant he just got the Rams to extend him another 2 years.  I cannot fathom how he keeps a head coaching job.

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed about Rex's vaunted D coming up small when needed most.  That was the signature thing about our D actually.  At the end of the year we'd be ranked top 5 in some stat but ultimately we couldn't make a stop when we needed it.  I always had hopes we'd be a dominant D (including going into this year) but it has never happened (Rex and post-Rex era).

Agreed.  After 8 years, a below 500 regular season record, never developing a D that could get a stop when needed, his reputation is sealed.  His teams seem to always draft an defensive player in round 1 and the busts outweigh any other consideration .....    

23 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Mark Sanchez was never the worst QB in the league in either of the AFC Championship seasons. Do you have a statistics or facts problem?

Lol ya ok.. He was ranked 28th of 32 in 09. so let's correct that. He was the 5th worst qb in the NFL.. Then he jumped to 27th ranked qb the next yr.. And now is career is over.

Archived