Petty to Start Remaining Games

JetNation

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

On his conference call, Bowles says that Fitz will be the back-up. Hack probably won't play at all and probably won't even suit up this year.

And after off season workouts....We have determined that Hack needs to totally work on his mechanics and thus he'll be working on mechanics all next year.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I counted 5 drops for almost 100 yards...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Watch-Every-Bryce-Petty-Throw-from-Week-13/f73d3f34-3bdc-405e-a346-8e492d2a79bf

if they had caught those that would have done wonders for the kids confidence...but the opposite happened

i can't wait to see what happens next week....I want Petty to be good, I think Petty will be good, but who knows what will happen.

10 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I counted 5 drops for almost 100 yards...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Watch-Every-Bryce-Petty-Throw-from-Week-13/f73d3f34-3bdc-405e-a346-8e492d2a79bf

if they had caught those that would have done wonders for the kids confidence...but the opposite happened

i can't wait to see what happens next week....I want Petty to be good, I think Petty will be good, but who knows what will happen.

Thanks for posting that.  It actually made me feel a good bit better.  

One thing that jumped out was the ease he could throw the ball 40-50 yards with out a big wind up.  Kid has some major natural arm strength.  Even the misses were over throws, including the long interception.  He and Anderson look like naturals together.

I really still have a good bit of hope for Petty.  Just hope he can settle down a bit, and the team doesn't just pack it in

19 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Highlights are great if you can ignore the rest of the plays. The TD pass to Anderson is a highlight but you can't erase the overthrows to Anderson that game.

Here's a tape of every throw, and sack :) in a 42-41 Cotton Bowl loss to Michigan State.

Watched the game, very exciting .  Shows the good and the bad.  One thing can't be denied, the kid can throw the ball.  

In that Cotton Bowl game Petty threw for 550 yards against a very good Michigan State team.  he was also named Offensive MVP.  Very unusual for the QB of the losing team.

Petty has an excellent arm, and a gun slinger mentality.  His hero is Bret Favre, and he plays a lot like him.  Some beautiful long upfield passes.   

At this point nobody is saying that Petty will have the kind of NFL career that Favre had, but Favre didn't blow the wheels off the wagon his first year either.

Just crossing my fingers he shows  improvement in his play under center so he gets to develop as a Jet.   

3 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Highlights are great if you can ignore the rest of the plays. The TD pass to Anderson is a highlight but you can't erase the overthrows to Anderson that game.

My God man (in the words of the immortal Dr McCoy)... why would you think that someone with minimal practice reps, or much real game exp would be able to have complete timing and accuracy his first real game. I don't even count the Rams game because they basically didn't let him throw. The young man has a cannon, and at Baylor threw one of the prettiest deep balls in his draft class. Let's give the kid a chance.

7 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

My God man (in the words of the immortal Dr McCoy)... why would you think that someone with minimal practice reps, or much real game exp would be able to have complete timing and accuracy his first real game. I don't even count the Rams game because they basically didn't let him throw. The young man has a cannon, and at Baylor threw one of the prettiest deep balls in his draft class. Let's give the kid a chance.

I don't think that; I just don't believe in evaluating players based on their best without accounting for the rest of their work. 

Archived