Seriously, how spoiled are Patriot fans? Lol.

Jetster

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it's hard to find a franchise QB and they haven't drafted all that well, Brady allows them to make up for whatever mistakes they make.

come on man....Brady has something to do with drafting Malcolm Mitchell, Malcolm butler, jamie collins, legarrette blount(free agency), Dont'a hightower....and Jimmy G?

brady doesnt have anything to do with the pats scouting and drafting these kind of players, or picking them up in free agency and having them understand and run their system? Brady is a big part, but he is not the end all be all. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

come on man....Brady has something to do with drafting Malcolm Mitchell, Malcolm butler, jamie collins, legarrette blount(free agency), Dont'a hightower....and Jimmy G?

brady doesnt have anything to do with the pats scouting and drafting these kind of players, or picking them up in free agency and having them understand and run their system? Brady is a big part, but he is not the end all be all. 

It starts with a franchise QB in this league. Haves and have nots if you will.  

46 minutes ago, rangerous said:

yes i am as serious as a heart attack.  you seem to forget that, no matter what your issues are with kraft, he hired the bellichicken.  no other team was in line when he crazily stepped down from the jets.  steelers?  yes they are a good organization too as are the cowboys, seahawks and packers.  denver?  remains to be seen.  and brady's hometown discount isn't what you may think.  his salary is still 20.5M.

Lol, you made my point. The Steelers are just LUCKY they do not have to play in the Pats division like the Jets, you know why? As good as you think they are as an organization they are 2-9 vs Brady! They beat up the Pats in 2008 with Cassel at QB 33-10.

Steelers are also 0-2 vs Brady in AFC championship games! Steelers are 2-4 @ home in the regular season vs the Pats in the Brady era. Steelers have NEVER beaten Brady at Gillette EVER. So, do you get my point now? So, the year Brady gets hurt, and Cassel is the QB, the Steelers win a Superbowl? Hmm, coincidence?

The Cheaters are the most dominating team ever in the free agency period of NFL football! There is no team even close! Look at the absolute STUDS on that Seahawk defense & somehow the Cheaters won? Brady ALWAYS delivers! Like I said, if the Pats played in the NFC East, Giants don't even make the playoffs to get to the Superbowl.

This sh*t we're seeing from this team in OUR DIVISION is unprecedented & will NEVER be duplicated again. How any Jet fan could be ho hum about wanting the Pats to lose absolutely blows my mind.

I think either next season or the season after their luck will run out. Belichick has to be pushing 100 years old and can't coach forever. I think Brady's career is almost over as well. I despise this team as every other jets fan does. It's just a matter of time before they are bottom of the barrel and the Jets are at the top of the heap. Once those two villains retire then we all should have a parade down the canyon of heroes. J-E-T-S our time will come soon I hope!

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

When I saw that stat last night that the Cheaters have now won 86 games in a row at home when leading after 3 quarters it blew my mind! Plus they had only lost 2 games I believe when leading at the half since 2001 or some crazy sh*t like that?

OMG, is this group of bandwagoneers gonna be shell shocked in the near future. I was at a freinds house here in NH for the 1st Super Bowl vs the Giants, their son who was probably 9 years old, the kid saw an undefeated season, when they lost he ran up the stairs screaming at the top of his lungs, the kid was devastated, his parents had to run up there to console him. He hadn't seen them lose, he wasn't prepared,lol. 

Their record with Brady & Belichick is so proposterous it's unbelievable. This team should have won more than 1 Super Bowl in the last 12 years! Let's hope they get there again & Seattle is waiting. Russell Wilson & the boys are definitely looking for revenge from that last one they played. Without Gronk and Amendola, I see Edelman getting crushed a couple of times by Cam Chancellor. 

I also see Graham abusing them without Jamie Collins back there & very little pass rush. I believe Rawls was hurt for their 1st matchup too in Gillette where Wilson coasted without much trouble. We're getting closer now. We just need them to keep losing in the playoffs or in a Super Bowl. Macc needs to build towards 2018!

Brady said last night he is playing through 45.  Thats 6 more seasons, the pain isn't ending anytime soon.  Jets can't worry about that though, they have to worry and fix what they can control.

I don't know why you think Seattle would see them in the SB, they aren't the same team and with Pro Bowl Safety Earl Thomas injured for the year, the Legion of Boom is getting thrown on.  I think you meant the Gmen are waiting for round 3 since the Giants are Patriot kryptonite in the Super Bowl!

1 minute ago, WoodyPleaseSellTheJets said:

I think either next season or the season after their luck will run out. Belichick has to be pushing 100 years old and can't coach forever. I think Brady's career is almost over as well. I despise this team as every other jets fan does. It's just a matter of time before they are bottom of the barrel and the Jets are at the top of the heap. Once those two villains retire then we all should have a parade down the canyon of heroes. J-E-T-S our time will come soon I hope!

Brady is statistically trending towards his best regular season since the undefeated season in 2007.  What makes you think his career is almost over?  The dude is playing at an extraordinary level for 39 and completely healthy.  If anything, he should just take off the first 4 weeks every year and he could play till he was 50.

17 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Brady makes them all better.  You got Blount b/c he was a problem w/ another team, that was luck.  they have some good players but they haven't surrounded Brady w/ enough talent this last decade, they wasted most of these years cheaping out and always trading away picks for future picks.

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Brady makes them all better.  You got Blount b/c he was a problem w/ another team, that was luck.  they have some good players but they haven't surrounded Brady w/ enough talent this last decade, they wasted most of these years cheaping out and always trading away picks for future picks.

ha ha Blount was luck? You don't get lucky because a player shine's with another franchise. He was drafted by the bucs and was a 1,000 yard rusher for them his first year...it's not luck. ha ha

Brady does not make their linebackers better wrong side of the ball, or teaches M. Butler to read a offense to be able tojump a play. You're being ridiculously thinking all this is from one person. 

and receivers still have to know the playbook, and know when to read defensives and break routes, etc and catch....you're caping waaay too much for Tom Brady.

5 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

ha ha Blount was luck? You don't get lucky because a player shine's with another franchise. He was drafted by the bucs and was a 1,000 yard rusher for them his first year...it's not luck. ha ha

Brady does not make their linebackers better wrong side of the ball, or teaches M. Butler to read a offense to be able tojump a play. You're being ridiculously thinking all this is from one person. 

and receivers still have to know the playbook, and know when to read defensives and break routes, etc and catch....you're caping waaay too much for Tom Brady.

TB gave him away, they got a very talented player for cheap b/c of his past issues.

your D isn't very good. you win w/ O, it's how you won all of your SBs and the only reason you don't have 2 more SBs is b/c when the D blew late leads against NYg Brady didn't have enough time to overcome unlike the SL and Car SBs.

Brady makes everyone better, obviously they have some talent but that isn't close to a top 5 talented roster in the league and yet they are always a top 5 team.

18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

TB gave him away, they got a very talented player for cheap b/c of his past issues.

your D isn't very good. you win w/ O, it's how you won all of your SBs and the only reason you don't have 2 more SBs is b/c when the D blew late leads against NYg Brady didn't have enough time to overcome unlike the SL and Car SBs.

Brady makes everyone better, obviously they have some talent but that isn't close to a top 5 talented roster in the league and yet they are always a top 5 team.

Bruh check the stats.....today's standard of "top five" defensive are way different than say..the 90s...Their defense isn't great but they allow just as many points as the ravens do, and the ravens are concerned a "great" defense. They don't rely on getting a pass rusher as oppose to making timely sacks (i.e. look at the jets game, or the ravens game last night) you don't need to have a "great" defense anymore to win in this league...and it has something to do with the QB but not the way you are trying to present It, it's cause the league wants points (obviously)

going back to my orig. point...if Brady sat out the whole year. Could the PATS be a playoff contending team this year? I will answer that for you, yes...could they win the AFC east....yup they sure could. My orig. point. If they keep their same thought process and keep the right people in place to make football decisions at the end of the day. They will be fine.

i'm sure you guys would love to be at least talking playoffs instead of firing your coach and hoping Petty could be the answer. 

and you are arguing having 4 SBs instead of 7....come on, really? 

20 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Bruh check the stats.....today's standard of "top five" defensive are way different than say..the 90s...Their defense isn't great but they allow just as many points as the ravens do, and the ravens are concerned a "great" defense. They don't rely on getting a pass rusher as oppose to making timely sacks (i.e. look at the jets game, or the ravens game last night) you don't need to have a "great" defense anymore to win in this league...and it has something to do with the QB but not the way you are trying to present It, it's cause the league wants points (obviously)

going back to my orig. point...if Brady sat out the whole year. Could the PATS be a playoff contending team this year? I will answer that for you, yes...could they win the AFC east....yup they sure could. My orig. point. If they keep their same thought process and keep the right people in place to make football decisions at the end of the day. They will be fine.

i'm sure you guys would love to be at least talking playoffs instead of firing your coach and hoping Petty could be the answer. 

and you are arguing having 4 SBs instead of 7....come on, really? 

I don't judge Ds on strictly points allowed, to be great you have to come up big in big spots. they get chewed up against better teams and need to get bailed out by Brady and the O.  

could they have contend for the playoffs w/o Brady? sure, the AFC is pretty weak this year.  would they be a threat to win a SB? no.  In NE it's about championships, w/o Brady you'd have no championships.  

if they did a better job w/ personnel you'd have 6-7 SBs.  I'd take 1 but you only get 1 Tom Brady, he's the greatest of all time, he's durable and has had a long career.  SF didn't have Montana near as long.

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

I was at a freinds house here in NH for the 1st Super Bowl vs the Giants, their son who was probably 9 years old, the kid saw an undefeated season, when they lost he ran up the stairs screaming at the top of his lungs, the kid was devastated, his parents had to run up there to console him. He hadn't seen them lose, he wasn't prepared.

My first sporting love was rugby and I probably started watching it in September 1992 when I was 7 going on 8. The team I watched, Swansea, were one of the top 3 or 4 teams in a league where all the teams were probably located within a 70 mile radius and as such, we'd watch them home and away, every single week.

They started the season on fire and had won every game for the first 3 months - that first defeat (inflicted in the last minute of the match) absolutely killed me! I don't think I spoke for about a day.

Since then, sport has been mainly heartbreak and disappointment.

As for the Pats, if their eventual decline is anything like the decline of Manchester United over here, it'll be very quick and very funny.

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't judge Ds on strictly points allowed, to be great you have to come up big in big spots. they get chewed up against better teams and need to get bailed out by Brady and the O.  

could they have contend for the playoffs w/o Brady? sure, the AFC is pretty weak this year.  would they be a threat to win a SB? no.  In NE it's about championships, w/o Brady you'd have no championships.  

if they did a better job w/ personnel you'd have 6-7 SBs.  I'd take 1 but you only get 1 Tom Brady, he's the greatest of all time, he's durable and has had a long career.  SF didn't have Montana near as long.

smh...neither do i, but it made a point...there aren't great defensive's in the NFL anymore. The closes one is Seattle and they played them all the way down to the wire...and as i said..to strip Fitz of the ball aint a big play? Or a safety in the Ravens game yesterday, a blocked field goal?...or the int in the SB against Seattle wasnt a big plays? 

what great offenses are out there now (you are watching the NFL this year right?)...The raiders? Their offense seem to struggle the other night, wouldn't you say..whose to say they wouldn't' struggle again if they had to go up against the pats(especially in NE?) Who else the cowboys...only putting up 7 points sunday night...steelers? Don't get me wrong, they all oppose a threat offensively but let's not act like these teams at times don't get in their own way....not to say the pats couldn't lose to them...

You're all over the place trying to discredit the front office...ha ha and you're getting away from the main point of the thread....just to try to say Brady's the savior...sorry nobody with half a brain really believes that statement  And my point was to be "competitive" not constantly win SBs. this thread is about after brady retires....i'm sure a lot of N.E. fans know winning SBs will not go on forever...but to be competitive sure can...my point.

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

I'm a UCONN fan.  I'm so spoiled I expect not only championship seasons, but perfect seasons.  Back to back.

you mean uconn women's basketball fan.  the rest of uconn atheletics is very so so. even their men's basketball team isn't that great.

Just now, ghost_in_pads02 said:

smh...neither do i, but it made a point...there aren't great defensive's in the NFL anymore. The closes one is Seattle and they played them all the way down to the wire...and as i said..to strip Fitz of the ball aint a big play? Or a safety in the Ravens game yesterday, a blocked field goal?...or the int in the SB against Seattle wasnt a big plays? 

what great offenses are out there now (you are watching the NFL this year right?)...The raiders? Their offense seem to struggle the other night, wouldn't you say..whose to say they wouldn't' struggle again if they had to go up against the pats(especially in NE?) Who else the cowboys...only putting up 7 points sunday night...steelers? Don't get me wrong, they all oppose a threat offensively but let's not act like these teams at times don't get in their own way....not to say the pats couldn't lose to them...

You're all over the place trying to discredit the front office...ha ha and you're getting away from the main point of the thread....just to try to say Brady's the savior...sorry nobody with half a brain really believes that statement  And my point was to be "competitive" not constantly win SBs. this thread is about after brady retires....i'm sure a lot of N.E. fans know winning SBs will not go on forever...but to be competitive sure can...my point.

Seattle is a great D and Brady led his O to 14 pts bringing them back from 10 down in the 4th qtr of a SB.  the same D that held a more talented Denver O w/ Peyton a year earlier to 8 garbage time pts.

I am not discrediting the FO, I just don't think they have done a great job.  I think they have wasted much of Brady’s prime by always setting up for the future.  They have some hits, they have some misses but Brady makes it easy b/c he makes everyone better.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Lol, you made my point. The Steelers are just LUCKY they do not have to play in the Pats division like the Jets, you know why? As good as you think they are as an organization they are 2-9 vs Brady! They beat up the Pats in 2008 with Cassel at QB 33-10.

Steelers are also 0-2 vs Brady in AFC championship games! Steelers are 2-4 @ home in the regular season vs the Pats in the Brady era. Steelers have NEVER beaten Brady at Gillette EVER. So, do you get my point now? So, the year Brady gets hurt, and Cassel is the QB, the Steelers win a Superbowl? Hmm, coincidence?

The Cheaters are the most dominating team ever in the free agency period of NFL football! There is no team even close! Look at the absolute STUDS on that Seahawk defense & somehow the Cheaters won? Brady ALWAYS delivers! Like I said, if the Pats played in the NFC East, Giants don't even make the playoffs to get to the Superbowl.

This sh*t we're seeing from this team in OUR DIVISION is unprecedented & will NEVER be duplicated again. How any Jet fan could be ho hum about wanting the Pats to lose absolutely blows my mind.

and what was your point?  are you saying the steelers are a bad organization? the jets should be so lucky.  3 head coaches since 1969 and more superbowl wins than the patsies.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

and what was your point?  are you saying the steelers are a bad organization? the jets should be so lucky.  3 head coaches since 1969 and more superbowl wins than the patsies.

The point is that even the top organizations in this league would fair no better than the Jets have because of the Cheaters dominance. The point is, the Giants, the Steelers , Denver, wouldn't have won Super Bowls if they played in the same division of the Pats during the Brady era. Even Seattle loses to teams like the Rams occasionally which would never happen to the Cheaters.

Just now, Jetster said:

The point is that even the top organizations in this league would fair no better than the Jets have because of the Cheaters dominance. The point is, the Giants, the Steelers , Denver, wouldn't have won Super Bowls if they played in the same division of the Pats during the Brady era. Even Seattle loses to teams like the Rams occasionally which would never happen to the Cheaters.

don't be so sure of that.  there are teams and organizations that know they have to take care of business within the division before looking outside.  the steelers have to deal with teams like the ravens, bungles, and browns.  if they were in the east they'd figure out a way to match up with the patsies better.  you think the jets have a near 500 record against the patsies because they're such a juggernaut?  they also have a near 500 record with the doltfins and the bills.  that's just the way it is.

36 minutes ago, rangerous said:

don't be so sure of that.  there are teams and organizations that know they have to take care of business within the division before looking outside.  the steelers have to deal with teams like the ravens, bungles, and browns.  if they were in the east they'd figure out a way to match up with the patsies better.  you think the jets have a near 500 record against the patsies because they're such a juggernaut?  they also have a near 500 record with the doltfins and the bills.  that's just the way it is.

You keep believing that. You don't think Mike Tomlin doesn't have enough film on the Pats,lol. He always looks so confident until their 1st punt & Brady slices through them like a hot knife through butter & their down 7-0.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

you mean uconn women's basketball fan.  the rest of uconn atheletics is very so so. even their men's basketball team isn't that great.

UCONN is the mecca of college hoops, men and women won a title in the same year.  its official now

20 hours ago, rangerous said:

we are nowhere near .500 against NE in the Brady era,

17 hours ago, Larz said:

UCONN is the mecca of college hoops, men and women won a title in the same year.  its official now

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

since 2000 the jets are 11/35 against the patsies.  this includes the two playoff games. the series is 60-54-1 in the patsie favor.

2000 includes 2000, first game of 2001 and 2008 w/o Brady where we went 4-1 against NE.  we have only beat Brady and the Pats 6 times in the reg season but of course we are 1-1 in the playoffs.

reg season wins:

at NE 2002

at NE 2006

vs. NE 2009

vs. NE 2010

vs. NE 2013

vs. NE 2015

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

2000 includes 2000, first game of 2001 and 2008 w/o Brady where we went 4-1 against NE.  we have only beat Brady and the Pats 6 times in the reg season but of course we are 1-1 in the playoffs.

reg season wins:

at NE 2002

at NE 2006

vs. NE 2009

vs. NE 2010

vs. NE 2013

vs. NE 2015

whatever.  all you have done is to depict how inept the jets have been over this century.  happy?  there's a reason why brady has been qb for 15 years.

On 12/13/2016 at 0:35 PM, Jetster said:

Are you serious? Do you think the Steelers are a good organization? You honestly believe that Bob Kraft has anything to do with this? Bill Belichick has 100% control over every decision made by that team. He's the most prepared coach in history & his record will prove it. Unfortunately for us he was also blessed with a QB that is as committed, determined & prepares as hard as him! Plus a QB who will go down as the BEST EVER and continues to offer a hometown discount so they can have better players around them, unlike Drew Brees who counts takes every penny so their defense blows!

We'll all be around hopefully for the post Brady/Belichick years & im fully certain that Bob Kraft won't look like some genius owner, lol.

I think I had heard this before but how much of a discount is he giving exactly? 

Is this run by the Cheaters the greatest in NFL history?  They're about 15 years in so far with zero signs of slowing down.  The 49ers had a run of greatness from like 1981-1998 (17 years).  Of course that run involved 2 QBs (Montana and Young) and even 2 coaches (Seifert won a Superbowl).  No QB/HC combo has ever won 5 SBs.  Possibly the Pats will accomplish that.  Were it not for the miracle "great escape/helmet catch" play, the Pats would've had 5 SBs and a perfect season.  Unbelievable. 

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

whatever.  all you have done is to depict how inept the jets have been over this century.  happy?  there's a reason why brady has been qb for 15 years.

we were actually pretty good most of the years Brady has played.  Brady has kept us down, we had teams that would have won div titles if not for Brady.

Archived