Rookie Watxh

UnitedWhofans

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

7 tackles for Darron Lee today. Much better than last week.

Burris had good coverage from what I heard.

Didn't see much complaint against Shell so it looks like another solid performance for him.

Plus notice how you don't hear about any of them "not playing with effort" As opposed to others.

IMO Shell was bad today

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Didn't see much complaining about him on Twitter. Since I didn't watch the game, I don't know.

I suppose the PFF numbers will tell us

so if you didn't watch the game wtf are you talking about?

Lee played like a pussy shying away from tackles and Burris is a penalty machine who hold on every play.

and Shell was part of the OL who was awful in general

52 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

so if you didn't watch the game wtf are you talking about?

Lee played like a pussy shying away from tackles and Burris is a penalty machine who hold on every play.

and Shell was part of the OL who was awful in general

I look for reaction on Twitter from the people who actually watched the game. 

Shell was bad, Anderson, Peake and Enunwa were bad.

Lee had a few ok plays, but I think he was responsible for several busts and looked lost.

Leo was totally shut down and generated zero pass rush despite being singled for good portions of the game.

Hard to find a single positive amongst the younger players. 

Just now, Hael said:

Lee had a few ok plays, but I think he was responsible for several busts and looked lost.

Leo was totally shut down and generated zero pass rush despite being singled for good portions of the game.

Who are you to contradict someone who read the box score and checked his twitter feed?

Just now, Hael said:

Burris was being praised for coverage.

5 minutes ago, Hael said:

So you think Enunwa has had a bad rookie year? 

Honestly, this time of year we get a lot of fans in here that don't know much about this team. They just come in to pile on. Yeah yeah, the Jets are awful. But if you don't know that Enunwa has been here for 3 years and is NOT a rookie you shouldn't be posting. 

5 minutes ago, SBBound said:

You guys are so ridiculous. UnitedWhoFans started a simple post that is fair. Just wants to talk about rookie play. Typical Jets fan reaction to turn everything into a negative pile of crap. Give me a break.

Have you watched the NJ Jets this season since about game 4?  The very definition of a negative pile of crap.  And yes, once again it is the fans fault for being unhappy with watching a humiliating clown show each  week.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Have you watched the NJ Jets this season since about game 4?  The very definition of a negative pile of crap.  And yes, once again it is the fans fault for being unhappy with watching a humiliating clown show each  week.

Excuse me for looking to the future instead of dwelling on the present

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Excuse me for looking to the future instead of dwelling on the present

How about if you wait for 24-48 hours after we have been humiliated by our div rivals yet again before you start expounding on all the positives of this team.  The team stinks has bad character the coaching is bad the gming is a ?, we have no QB the oline is a shambles, the fg kicing stinks, the wrs drop everyting in sight.

We just got beat 41-3 by a team that didn't have to take a shower after the game, yeah lets pump up the fact that our lb made 7 tackels 10 yards down field.,

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That is not the point. It is fans calling out another poster who didn't do anything wrong and tried to have a neutral, more light hearted thread. The season is over...we all knew that 6-7 weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, SBBound said:

That is not the point. It is fans calling out another poster who didn't do anything wrong and tried to have a neutral, more light hearted thread. The season is over...we all knew that 6-7 weeks ago. 

You may not be around here enough to know 'the fan' has been an excuse monger all season and essentially thinks every thing we have done is tickty boo.

Save this kind of ostrich optimism for the off season or at least for a week or so.  Trotting this stuff out (yay 7 tackles!) when the same lb backed away from multiple plays near the goal line is grasping.  Especially when we just got ass stomped 41-3.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You may not be around here enough to know 'the fan' has been an excuse monger all season and essentially thinks every thing we have done is tickty boo.

Save this kind of ostrich optimism for the off season or at least for a week or so.  Trotting this stuff out (yay 7 tackles!) when the same lb backed away from multiple plays near the goal line is grasping.  Especially when we just got ass stomped 41-3.

Tickty boo? 

The only way IMO to avoid being dragged down in negativity and eventually killing oneself is to just move along to the next game and the next year. It's how the Cubs did it and eventually their day came. 

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I didn't realize there was a time table for this sort of thing. You do not have to respond to "ostrich optimism" threads if you don't want to.

At this point, I am not very emotionally involved as I am thinking to 2017. Again, the season is over and we are playing a ridiculous young, back up player team. On offense, we are STARTING Ijalana, Johnson, Dozier, Shell, Robinson, Anderson, Petty and then giving increasing minutes to Peake, Wilds etc - all were 2nd/3rd backups at the start of the year

On defense, we are starting Lee, Jenkins, Burris, Miles, Middleton and giving significant minutes to Johnson, Bishop etc on defense - again all backup types of players. We will probably get destroyed by the Bills next week. Why are these losses so "emotionally crushing" for everyone when the outcome is virtually predetermined - we are not playing a real NFL team now. 

From PFF:

Brandon Shell got the highest grade on Offense with an 80.5. 4 of the 5 OL got the highest grades ( except Ijalana).

Also said that Fitz and Petty were only pressured on 5 drop backs.

Defensively, Juston Burris had a solid game, getting the second highest defensive grade. Skrine got top marks and "soft" Darron Lee got third highest

Archived