Brandon shell

Jets Daily Dosage.

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

He probably will, but he's not the better RB .  I don't bet

He's going to get drafted ahead of Cook because he's the better player. And Cook is really good.

Fournette is special. Better than Zeke. Better than Gurley. Best RB prospect since Reggie Bush. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mecca said:

He's going to get drafted ahead of Cook because he's the better player. And Cook is really good.

Fournette is special. Better than Zeke. Better than Gurley. Best RB prospect since Reggie Bush. 

You should know, I thought Reggie Bush was over-rated big time coming out of USC . 

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

You should know, I thought Reggie Bush was over-rated big time coming out of USC . 

You were in the clear minority, because Bush was one of the most prolific RB prospects of all time. He was always explosive in his career, and had some really solid seasons in New Orleans, Miami, and Detroit. 

I was also quite high on Zeke last year, and David Johnson two seasons ago.

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

You were in the clear minority, because Bush was one of the most prolific RB prospects of all time. He was always explosive in his career, and had some really solid seasons in New Orleans, Miami, and Detroit. 

I didn't say he wasn't good, just over-rated

I'm unsure about Shell. Some plays, he looks pretty decent. Hands off blockers well, and picks up stunts well. However, for a lot of plays, he gives up way too early, seems to just get in the way instead of actually trying to move anyone, and his first kick step is too slow. I know because I used to play like this (not comparing us, I was nowhere near NFL-caliber, just saying that I know that style of patty-cake playing).

I do think that he'll get it done in the run game. Seems to like to use his opponent's momentum to just be a turnstile and let his guy run himself out of the play. Not fundamentally-sound, but, it does work to open holes. 

Passing game, I think he'll get the QB killed unless he drops some weight and improves his kick step speed. I think with good coaching he can be decent, but wouldn't stop me from drafting a couple OTs.

20 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I was another who thought at the time that Reggie Bush was overrated.  However I also remember thinking Jamarcus Russell was going to be really good too. :) 

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

I'm unsure about Shell. Some plays, he looks pretty decent. Hands off blockers well, and picks up stunts well. However, for a lot of plays, he gives up way too early, seems to just get in the way instead of actually trying to move anyone, and his first kick step is too slow. I know because I used to play like this (not comparing us, I was nowhere near NFL-caliber, just saying that I know that style of patty-cake playing).

I do think that he'll get it done in the run game. Seems to like to use his opponent's momentum to just be a turnstile and let his guy run himself out of the play. Not fundamentally-sound, but, it does work to open holes. 

Passing game, I think he'll get the QB killed unless he drops some weight and improves his kick step speed. I think with good coaching he can be decent, but wouldn't stop me from drafting a couple OTs.

Guard?

Archived