Who chooses the coaches?

Well, Bowles can't fire MacCagnan, and Mac can't fire Bowles....but can Mac fire Coordinators? Or can only Bowles or Woody do that? Or is it only an arbitrary decision Woody will make after consulting with Korn/Ferry? 

Can Korn Ferry fire Kacy Rogers, or do they need to bring in Charlie Casserl and Ron Wolf to advise Bowles and/or MacCagnan if a coordinator should be fired? Or maybe Bowles and MacCagnan can fire all of the coaching staff (aside from Bowles) and have Charlie Korn Casserwolf advise who to h......

I think I found the problem.

2 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

So the coaches report to Bowles,  as a result I take it that it's his decision to fire, hire new coaches?  Is there anyone else involved in the decision?

I would take that function out of Bowles hands. He's incapable of making in game adjust. He will need some help because his OC and DC coaches stunk all year. Totally unprepared each and every game. Rodgers and Gailey have to go. 

On 1/2/2017 at 4:22 AM, Harlemnite1 said:

I would take that function out of Bowles hands. He's incapable of making in game adjust. He will need some help because his OC and DC coaches stunk all year. Totally unprepared each and every game. Rodgers and Gailey have to go. 

Really troubling if it's all Bowles decision.  Gailey at least had a resume, but where did Kacy Rodgers come from and why was he chosen over so many qualified candidates. 

11 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Really troubling if it's all Bowles decision.  Gailey at least had a resume, but where did Kacy Rodgers come from and why was he chosen over so many qualified candidates. 

Good question and with the coaching purge today why is Rodgers still here. 

On 1/2/2017 at 4:22 AM, Harlemnite1 said:

That's brilliant.  Make someone work with someone he doesn't like or just doesn't want on his staff because you want to punish him.  Or whatever crazy reason we can come up with.  I mean any fan knows more so why let Bowles pick his guys.

Then when it doesn't work who gets blamed?  Bowles?  Woody? After all some blame Woody for being a meddler who knows nothing and therefore should sell the team.  Until the conversation turns and someone says he should meddle.  Until it doesn't work then he's back to being a meddling fool

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

That's brilliant.  Make someone work with someone he doesn't like or just doesn't want on his staff because you want to punish him.  Or whatever crazy reason we can come up with.  I mean any fan knows more so why let Bowles pick his guys.

Then when it doesn't work who gets blamed?  Bowles?  Woody? After all some blame Woody for being a meddler who knows nothing and therefore should sell the team.  Until the conversation turns and someone says he should meddle.  Until it doesn't work then he's back to being a meddling fool

I have no idea what your point is. Are you on Bowles staff? 

On 1/5/2017 at 2:36 AM, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

I don't think so. Probably just a Jet fan who roots for the Jets. There are a bunch of us here that have not yet been driven away by the whines and rants of you and your pals who hate everything the Jets do, whatever it is

A real fan would be sick and tired of the losing. Or maybe you are a new convert and only know the losing.  Being satisfied with coaches like Bowles is not something I will ever " root for". Sorry I won't.

On 1/4/2017 at 6:36 PM, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

I don't think so. Probably just a Jet fan who roots for the Jets. There are a bunch of us here that have not yet been driven away by the whines and rants of you and your pals who hate everything the Jets do, whatever it is

Hard for some to fathom that the team actually has fans.  Not just a bunch of people you take pleasure in making fun of every aspect of the team

Archived