Dolphins stink

kevinc855

2 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Vance Joseph is their defensive coordinator.....what is he most famous for?

Getting badly burned as a rookie defensive back for the Jets ( college qb turned db) when Richie Kotite put him in against Tim Brown and the Raiders in the Meadowlands.

Rough assignment, he was very stand-up after the game being interviewed by reporters - very articulate guy, not surprised he has gone so quickly up the coaching ranks.

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Krypton. 

No thanks, it doesn't snow there . The Jets play in the north east and for this climate, I prefer someone accustomed to the snow and wind. I thin I will take Mitch Trubisky if he's available and see what develops  . He's from Earth, somewhere around the snow and wind .

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

No thanks, it doesn't snow there . The Jets play in the north east and for this climate, I prefer someone accustomed to the snow and wind. I thin I will take Mitch Trubisky if he's available and see what develops  . He's from Earth, somewhere around the snow and wind .

Yes. The Packers are sure fortunate Aaron Rodgers was an Anchorage Sea Wolf.  

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. The Packers are sure fortunate Aaron Rodgers was an Anchorage Sea Wolf. 

The Packers put him in the freezer for 3 years and got him acclimated to the conditions . Are you willing to even give Sammy boy 1 yr to get acclimated to NY  and these rabid fans ?

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I do not want to win another game till Sam is the Jets QB. This year,  next year, leap year don't care. Lose until Sam is in Green and White. Just turned 50, time us running out. We need a franchise QB. Any other discussion is dog sh*t. The runny kind. 

This +5 years for me LOL

25 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The Packers put him in the freezer for 3 years and got him acclimated to the conditions . Are you willing to even give Sammy boy 1 yr to get acclimated to NY  and these rabid fans ?

Sam don't care about no damn fans. Kid is a cyborg. Throws game tying touchdown in Rosebowl, his team jumps around like little girls at a slumber party and he walks off the field like strolling in a garden. Doesn't need to be hidden away for a year like a cured* meat. Just needs to be a Jet regardless of cost. 

*Note: not meant to disparage cured meats. I'm a big fan. 

3 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Getting badly burned as a rookie defensive back for the Jets ( college qb turned db) when Richie Kotite put him in against Tim Brown and the Raiders in the Meadowlands.

Rough assignment, he was very stand-up after the game being interviewed by reporters - very articulate guy, not surprised he has gone so quickly up the coaching ranks.

Ding ding ding! 

Was surprised Everett Mcciver wasn't available to coach the offensive line!

4 hours ago, Gangrene said:

I was there.  very bizarre.  not only a rookie, but never played DB before, ever

When Oakland wide receiver Tim Brown found out the Jets had started a cornerback who had never played the position before, he said the decision made no sense. Brown said rookie Vance Joseph had no chance going against the Raiders receivers, especially in a game the whole nation could see. "It's not a good time to put an inexperienced guy out there," Brown said after the Raiders beat the Jets, 47-10, last night. "On an NFL, Sunday night TV game? That's not a smart thing to do. The problem is if he makes a mistake, it's probably going to lead to some points being put on the board and that's what happened.

" To his credit, Joseph didn't back down, even though he gave up two touchdowns in his first start at his new position. "I played this game in my mind over and over two times before I went out on the field," Joseph said. "There's really nothing I can say. I just have to get out there, work harder and get better.

7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Wouldn't expect anything else from a guy who roots against the jets on a weekly basis 

Huh?  He got married in a Namath jersey. Yes, I remember. :)

Our team is terrible, but we hate with love.  Lifers have earned the right.  It's like the time I spent sweating out the flu in an Indonesian jail without a passport. I curled up in a ball and begged to die, wishing I could be at work because anything was better than this. My brain was pouring out of my ears and nose. I was like Khufu being embalmed alive. I got puddle water to drink and some gruel when I was lucky.  I shook like a 90 year old when I got out because I was weak from cholera. Being treated for tapeworm was the worst.  Amnesty International flew me home. I got a hero's welcome, drank nuclear dyed Gatorade at whim and high-fived Special Forces.  We touched down at Newark. Greasy tarmac never smelled so good. I kissed terra firma, which is saying a lot for Newark. 

2016 Jets Yearbook was waiting for me on my doorstep with parking passes, nice, I'm ready. Then some slob sneezed and hacked all over me at Stop 'N Shop on my third day home and I screamed, "How old are you? Use your sleeve!" Guess what?  I'll never stop going to the supermarket because I gotta eat. So don't you ever point a damning finger. Think before you speak. 

Archived