Bama vs clemsen... Who should i watch for?

HighPitch

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

Obvious hold by Bama on that long run that wasn't called. Also that was a helmet to helmet hit on WIlliams. These Refs want Bama.

It's odd but like, really refs, as if Bama needs the help. If they're gonna get the calls on top of it, why bother. Blah. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Bama is disguising coveraging as good as NFL teams right now. There was nobody open on that 3rd and 8. Bama D plays on another level.

Every D is going to look like this at the next level, he needs to be better from the pocket.

3 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Every D is going to look like this at the next level, he needs to be better from the pocket.

That's like apples to oranges tho. He'd be in a different system surrounded by an NFL team with an NFL playbook. I don't think you can just look at his performance in this game.  Bama as a team is on another level than Clemson. Or anybody else. 

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

That's like apples to oranges tho. He'd be in a different system surrounded by an NFL with an NFL playbook. I don't think you can just look at his performance in this game.  Bama as a team is on another level than Clemson. Or anybody else. 

It's not though, if you cant pick apart defenses from the pocket in college you're not going to learn how to do it in the pro's. I thought a year ago today, watching the same game I'd love to see home stay 2 more years and develop. Chances are he bolts after this game though, because if he isn't developing from the pocket his stock will drop.

6 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

It's not though, if you cant pick apart defenses from the pocket in college you're not going to learn how to do it in the pro's. I thought a year ago today, watching the same game I'd love to see home stay 2 more years and develope. Chances are he bolts after this game though, because if he isn't developing from the pocket his stock wil drop.

I sorta agree but it's what we should have already known about Watson. He's not Cam Newton college elite level. But He's a good 2nd or 3rd rounder who can definitely play in the NFL. He just made a nice throw btw. I'm watching game on coaches show on different angle. He's literally had nowhere to go on most of these plays. Another amazing throw btw

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I sorta agree but it's what we should have already known about Watson. He's not Cam Newton college elite level. But He's a good 2nd or 3rd rounder who can definitely play in the NFL. He just made a nice throw btw. I'm watching game on coaches show on different angle. He's literally had nowhere to go on most of these plays. Another amazing throw btw

He has the tools.. I want him to master them

Just now, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Jets spent #6 on chez with 1 year starting experience, Watson is better 

What does the Jets taking Sanchez with #6 pick 8 years ago have to do with Watson other then it would be the Jets repeating a mistake taking him like it was with Sanchez.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

What does the Jets taking Sanchez with #6 pick 8 years ago have to do with Watson other then it would be the Jets repeating a mistake taking him like it was with Sanchez.

It has to do with value of the QB position, Sanchez the person was a mistake, Sanchez the pick was not, it gave us the best chance we have had to win it all

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Meh...Lupz, he has nowhere to throw the ball. It's not on him. He's missed on a few zone reads he's should have kept and and run and the game is probably even. 

He looks to run when the pocket get uncomfortable, I want a QB who knows where to go inside that pocket to keep a play alive while still looking down field to pass, Watson looks like Geno when the play breaks down running backwards with no plan.

Archived