Bama vs clemsen... Who should i watch for?

HighPitch

Just now, cant wait said:

honestly randall cunningham is probably a better comparison for watson now that I'm thinking about it

Randall Cunningham could throw it 80 yards on a line and ran a sub 4.6/40. The guy you'd want to compare Watson to is Tony Romo.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Randall Cunningham could throw it 80 yards on a line and ran a sub 4.6/40. The guy you'd want to compare Watson to is Tony Romo.

wrong Cowboys QB. More Dak meets Tyrod than Romo.

A lot of positive traits but is a thrower more than a passer sometimes and flies from the pocket to early

Just now, T0mShane said:

Porzingis reminds me of Larry Bird. So did Wally Sczcerbiak.

Now you're turning this into a race issue. 

Watson becomes a thrower with the football sometimes... Dak became a thrower with the football at times

Watson has excellent skills/toughness.. Dak had excellent traits/toughness

Watson runs from the pocket too early... Tyrod runs from the pocket too early

15 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I can see Watson logic, but Williams?

wr is our best asset. We need a qb, s, CB, ol help

Williams might just be the WR version of Leonard Williams, meaning you take him even though it's not a position of need because he's that damned good.  I'd rather the value was there at QB, or LT, but how can a WR named Mike Williams fail to be a star in this league :)

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

Now you're turning this into a race issue. 

Watson becomes a thrower with the football sometimes... Dak became a thrower with the football at times

Watson has excellent skills/toughness.. Dak had excellent traits/toughness

Watson runs from the pocket too early... Tyrod runs from the pocket too early

I'm just breaking balls. I do think Watson is a tough comparison because he wins without any one elite trait other than his brain and his balls. That's why I compared him to Romo, even though Romo chokes.

Honestly Watson, Dalvin Cook, Mike Williams are all good 1st day picks. Lots of routes to go that will change our draft fortune.

Of course I have zero faith in our brain trust and we will probably draft MLB or safety again. Because why try to improve our offense, ever. 

Williams might just be the WR version of Leonard Williams, meaning you take him even though it's not a position of need because he's that damned good.  I'd rather the value was there at QB, or LT, but how can a WR named Mike Williams fail to be a star in this league

Also, I don't see how WR isn't a need at all.

Marshall may not even be here and Decker will be 30 and coming off a major injury. You don't pass on a potentially elite NFL WR because you already have Quincy Enunwa and Robbie Anderson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Also, I don't see how WR isn't a need at all.

Marshall may not even be here and Decker will be 30 and coming off a major injury. You don't pass on a potentially elite NFL WR because you already have Quincy Enunwa and Robbie Anderson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WR is a huge need. 

Along with QB, RB, TE, OG, OT, OC, ILB, OLB, CB and S.

What a game!  One of the best NC games I've seen, probably the best since the Young/Leinart Rose Bowl a few years ago.   

I think the guy that made the most money today is Mike Williams.  Guy is a beast.  We don't need WRs but man that guy is amazing.  He's someone that will test well at the combine, but his ability to high point the ball reminds me a lot of Mike Evans, although Williams is smaller.  

Archived