Aj mccarron. Why not trade for him??? And what would we have to give up

Jets0712

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm in favor of this because I'm pretty sure we'd get the #1 overall pick if AJ Mccarron were our starting QB.

You can still do that without having to give away valuable picks/players in order to trade for him.

Just throw in Geno 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

we really need to move on from the strategy of collecting back up QB's.

Build a decent core, then trade up to draft one, or trade for a starter

If there is a team willing to trade their starting qb is it someone worth trading for.  Most teams aren't open to trading their starter if he is any good.

Just now, Joejet said:

If there is a team willing to trade their starting qb is it someone worth trading for.  Most teams aren't open to trading their starter if he is any good.

Bradford is the guy I was thinking of. Not Rodgers, but mccaron eithet

21 hours ago, sourceworx said:

This is a safer move than throwing a ton of money at Glennon or Tyrod Taylor, IMO. Send them Sheldon for McCarron and a 3rd. He'll be making $700k next year. He gets a chance to prove he's worth investing in for the long term. 

If he doesn't play well, you still get a third and can keep him on as a decent backup QB (which he's proven to at least be). Plus you'll have a high draft pick next year. 

Also worth noting: He fit the Parcells criteria for drafting a QB. 

Trading a second round pick for a guy with Fitz-like arm strength is a safer move?

21 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Bengals would probably try to sell high on him because he was a second round pick who looked good in brief action.

He's probably not worth what the Jets would have to give up. I wouldn't go below a 4th rounder for him.

Let the Browns or Bears trade multiple picks for him.  He's a glorified Fitzpatrick

Amazing any of you want to trade for a weak armed under experienced QB.
Glennon is a free agent and no trade required to obtain his services. He has more starting and game experience then AJ, he is bigger stronger and has a throwing arm that is far superior to AJ.
Sign Glennon to a three year contract with 2 years guaranteed at 10 million a year. Make clear the understanding he must win the starting job in competition with the current QB on the roster. If he performs as many expect extend him after his third year to a long term deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, fltflo said:

Amazing any of you want to trade for a weak armed under experienced QB.
Glennon is a free agent and no trade required to obtain his services. He has more starting and game experience then AJ, he is bigger stronger and has a throwing arm that is far superior to AJ.
Sign Glennon to a three year contract with 2 years guaranteed at 10 million a year. Make clear the understanding he must win the starting job in competition with the current QB on the roster. If he performs as many expect extend him after his third year to a long term deal.

So wait - he get $10 million but he needs to understand he has to beat out bryce petty and christian hackenberg.  That seems smart.

How far did arm strength get osweiler this year btw?

The difference between mccarron and glennon is that one of them has actually had a career of sustained winning.  Paying mike glennon $20 million over 2 years takes money away from filling other positions.  McCarron carries virtually no money for 2 years where the team can evaluate him and then choose to resign him or not.

So wait - he get $10 million but he needs to understand he has to beat out bryce petty and christian hackenberg.  That seems smart.
How far did arm strength get osweiler this year btw?
The difference between mccarron and glennon is that one of them has actually had a career of sustained winning.  Paying mike glennon $20 million over 2 years takes money away from filling other positions.  McCarron carries virtually no money for 2 years where the team can evaluate him and then choose to resign him or not.

Great then, three QB's with virtually no starting experience. Great way to tank this season and get a real quarterback

Archived