Pats prove Karma is bullsh*t!

Jetster

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

yeah, coughlin teams never blew late leads:lol:

Are you forgetting Coughlin has 2 bowl wins both vs Pats? 

No way he loses that game up that much & in FG range to seal it.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Are you forgetting Coughlin has 2 bowl wins both vs Pats? 

No way he loses that game up that much & in FG range to seal it.

yep, both times his O scored late and his D didn't have a chance to blow it.  If Brady had a little more time he would have found a way to win and rescue BB's overrated D's yet again.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Because a great head coach can coach mediocre players up and a bad head coach can coach talented players down.

Belichick, not Brady, is the reason the Patriots are epic.

SAR I

i think it depends on the day whether i think it's the bellichicken or brady.  mostly i think it's the bellichicken.  his system has worked for cassell and garrapalo so i'll lean towards the system.  but he also got really lucky, first in having bledsoe go down and then winning a superbowl early in brady's career.  that gave plenty of credibility with kraft.  and let's not forget kraft's role.  his team is in a division with weak kneed owners who don't realize the guy is a complete s**mbag who will sabotage others for a buck. i'm not sure if woody has figured that out yet.

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Because a great head coach can coach mediocre players up and a bad head coach can coach talented players down.

SAR I

The Pats have a lot of really good players and their share of greats.  They also have GREAT coaches.  These guys build a team that competes on the field and in the bank.  And there is no such thing as karma.

11 hours ago, Jetster said:

OMG! He's a great coach, don't get me wrong but you honestly believe any other QB but Brady would convert 35 FIRST DOWNS & haveno mistakes in the entire 2nd half throwing that much? Give Belichick Ryan Fitzpatrick or Geno Smith or Mark Sánchez & give me the odds of that comeback. Brady is the GOAT! In my mind it was Montana, but you give Tom Brady in his prime Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, Roger Craig, Tom Rathman & that 49er defense he'd be UNBEATABLE.

Don't forget the other side of that coin.  That was pre-salary cap era.  There were other fantastic teams back then.  For example, the '85 Bears, '86 Giants and the Redskins had a couple of great teams in the 80's as well.  Plus we still don't know how Brady would've done back when defense was legal and QBs were getting slammed.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yeah I've unfortunately thought too long and hard about this and I've come to the conclusion it has to be both to go on that kind of run. Don't forget that they cheated and have had incredible luck to boot. But neither go on the run without each other. I would agree Belichick is probably a better HC without Brady than Brady is a great QB without Belichick. Brady just fell into the perfect situation and was the perfect fit for the coaching philosophy. I sorta think the same about Montana tbh. System and Talent perfectly collide. For example, Brady couldn't have gone to just any team and been a star. Peyton Manning, for example, was a star no matter what coach or team he played for. Brady needs and has needed the system and organization around him to succeed. But the organization has needed him too, I'll give him that. Same goes for Montana and even like a Drew Brees imo. But guys like Peyton, Elway, Marino literally were the system. It revolved around them not vise versa. I would put Rodgers in the Peyton, Elway, Marino group too. Even Brett Favre but on a lower level. But for me, Brady, Montana, Brees, they're like, if Phil Simms spent his entire or a majority of his career with Bill Parcels without any major injuries, he'd have 4-5 Super Bowl wins and a bunch of broken recordes too. 

17 hours ago, nyjunc said:

which means what?  they had a cupcake sched that first month and they did a good job w/o him.  BB is a great coach now, he can adapt.  he wouldn't win SBs w/o him but he can win some games.

Eh...? First win was on the road in AZ. Third win was vs. Houston with a 3rd string QB. Not exactly cupcakes. 

21 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

Eh...? First win was on the road in AZ. Third win was vs. Houston with a 3rd string QB. Not exactly cupcakes. 

Arizona stunk this year, Houston made the playoffs but they weren't very good. Miami started 1-4.  It wasn't a murderer's row of teams.  He did a great job having his team prepared but it was a very weak 4 game stretch,

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Don't forget the other side of that coin.  That was pre-salary cap era.  There were other fantastic teams back then.  For example, the '85 Bears, '86 Giants and the Redskins had a couple of great teams in the 80's as well.  Plus we still don't know how Brady would've done back when defense was legal and QBs were getting slammed.

Brady gets hit as hard or harder than QBs back in the 80s.  don't forget about the in the grasp rule where basically if you held the QB they blew the whistle and players are bigger, stronger, faster and he still gets hit every week.  this notion that he doesn't get hit is silly and false.  Brady is the best of all time, we compare how players dominated in their eras and no one has dominated an era like Brady has.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Brady gets hit as hard or harder than QBs back in the 80s.  don't forget about the in the grasp rule where basically if you held the QB they blew the whistle and players are bigger, stronger, faster and he still gets hit every week.  this notion that he doesn't get hit is silly and false.  Brady is the best of all time, we compare how players dominated in their eras and no one has dominated an era like Brady has.

This thread is perfect for you..  all hypothetical, no real evidence on either side. Just opinion.:D

Go Heels!   I may catch a game with my daughter if one of the events is within a few hundred miles. Ive seen a bunch of Heels games but never in Chapel Hill.

That will happen next year Duke/UNC. Im going.  I dont care how much it costs.

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

This thread is perfect for you..  all hypothetical, no real evidence on either side. Just opinion.:D

Go Heels!   I may catch a game with my daughter if one of the events is within a few hundred miles. Ive seen a bunch of Heels games but never in Chapel Hill.

there is real evidence, look at BB's record w/ and w/o Tom Brady.

I am going tonight, it's the least I can do since they decided to bring the game close to home.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Pains me to say as a Duke alum/fan, but I love Carolina's team this year.  A rare team in this day and age that is led by solid upper-classman, who may not be NBA lottery picks (or even first-rounders), but who play well together and have improved their games each year.  I hope that Duke wins tonight, but UNC clearly is the better team and a legit national championship contender.    

Pats cheat to stay under the cap space...I know its a shocker but they pay players under the table by employing players personal businesses. Doesn't seem odd that Brady is paid a relatively low figure in comparison to other qbs around the league? do you really believe he is willing to get paid less because he likes Mr Kraft or because he genuinely wants a 6th or 7th superbowl ring?

1 hour ago, AFCEastFan said:

Pains me to say as a Duke alum/fan, but I love Carolina's team this year.  A rare team in this day and age that is led by solid upper-classman, who may not be NBA lottery picks (or even first-rounders), but who play well together and have improved their games each year.  I hope that Duke wins tonight, but UNC clearly is the better team and a legit national championship contender.    

Agreed.  Mitch Kupchak (class of 76) was my neighbor in NY and my daughter is an alum as well as one of my employees, so Im a fan too. 

Go Carolina!  I am going to do a Duke UNC game next year.

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Pats cheat to stay under the cap space...I know its a shocker but they pay players under the table by employing players personal businesses. Doesn't seem odd that Brady is paid a relatively low figure in comparison to other qbs around the league? do you really believe he is willing to get paid less because he likes Mr Kraft or because he genuinely wants a 6th or 7th superbowl ring?

I shouldn't but f it..

They don't pay players under the table...get the sour grapes out your  mouth...brady is payed every single dollar on the books but it's spread out over a longer period than most of the QBs on his level...and right before his contract is up..they reup and do the something again. 

42 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

I shouldn't but f it..

They don't pay players under the table...get the sour grapes out your  mouth...brady is payed every single dollar on the books but it's spread out over a longer period than most of the QBs on his level...and right before his contract is up..they reup and do the something again. 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/19/patriots-pay-business-owned-tom-brady-and-partner-with-dubious-past/C4zMzcPDgU62WMMg10qeBL/story.html

Archived