Seferian-Jenkins gets 2 game suspension

JetsFanatic

50 minutes ago, C Mart said:

So you know Morton's O won't utilize a receiving TE? 

Alright fair point.  But don't forget the first two weeks of the season are right after Labor Day.  ASJ could probably use the couple weeks to detox.

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

This affects us how?  We don't throw to TEs.  He's not especially good (though suppose he could be in time).  And we don't have a QB on the roster currently capable of completing passes.

Let the guy rest the two games.  In fact all our players should get at least 4 paid Sundays off this season.  Let 'em rest for 2018.

Agree. There will be no attempt to win in 2017.  Sorry for the PSL people.  NOT

SUCK FOR SAM 2017

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

This organization is jinxed. 

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Jets knew he had a pair of DUI's before picking him up AND everyone was aware that the NFL had not adjudicated any punishment for the second one (while he still was with Tampa). So now people are bristling that he got a suspension?  You're kidding right?   Either people have short memories or they are just trying to use the suspension that everyone knew was coming in order to rip Mac even more.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

You guys do realize this is why he was cut by Tampa and why he was on our roster in the first place....right?

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Many don't. They just like to bitch about whatever the topic without knowing what they are bitching about. Actually its hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Alright fair point.  But don't forget the first two weeks of the season are right after Labor Day.  ASJ could probably use the couple weeks to detox.

That's nice. Classy response. Way to root for a Jets player. 

It's his second DWI. It's not a dumb mistake at this point. I'm not advocating to cut him, but let's not act like this guy is a choir boy who just got caught doing something bad once. He has an issue and I hope he's working at it. 

But again this was all before he was a jet. He has done nothing wrong to this point as our player. This punishment is for something we had known he did before we picked him up...

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

But again this was all before he was a jet. He has done nothing wrong to this point as our player. This punishment is for something we had known he did before we picked him up...

I'm aware of all of that and I didn't state anything that would insinuate I didn't. I didn't chide him for anything he's done as a Jet. I'm not sure what you're saying here or what your point is. All I said was this wasn't a one time mistake, it's a pattern. Hopefully he has it fixed. 

4 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I like ASJ potential and am glad it is not 4 games.  With that said there is a positive here for Macc in that he can now carry 55 players to the 1st game with Marshal suspension as well.  Both players can work through TC and PS while evaluating 2 extra players.  This is good for a team like jets where every position and layer is up for grabs.

Good point; lemonade out of lemons sorta thing.  

However, I do get a bad taste in my mouth in the fact that this team now has two players on suspensions.  It's just not a good image.  I just wonder when this team is going to become a franchise that begins to earn respect.  This sort of thing ain't doing it.      

3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Good point; lemonade out of lemons sorta thing.  

However, I do get a bad taste in my mouth in the fact that this team now has two players on suspensions.  It's just not a good image.  I just wonder when this team is going to become a franchise that begins to earn respect.  This sort of thing ain't doing it.      

Eh I dunno...these kids are under microscope everywhere they go 365 days a year.   They F up......if asj does it again he done but they ain't axe murderers in his case drinking and being stupid can apply to 80% of the population at one point in their life

13 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

For what. We knew he got a dui we all saw the video before we picked him up off waivers just a kid who made a dumb mistake. He is extremely talented and we aren't paying him much why would we cut him?

He isn't talented.  We can find a guy who can sit out games injured and drop passes the rare time he is playing that isn't getting dui's and being suspended.

the whole point of this purge and rebuild is to change the culture of this program.  Guys like this aren't going to help with the rebuild.  How long until this guy's "potential" comes to fruition?

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

He isn't talented.  We can find a guy who can sit out games injured and drop passes the rare time he is playing that isn't getting dui's and being suspended.

the whole point of this purge and rebuild is to change the culture of this program.  Guys like this aren't going to help with the rebuild.  How long until this guy's "potential" comes to fruition?

He's in the final year of his contract for a approx $1.5m. Reportedly, he's been fine since coming to the Jets, which was after being released and acknowledging the Jets are giving him a 2nd chance..IF he screws up now, or continues to be Dee Miliner II and can't stay on the field due to injuries, he'll be gone. IF the light goes on and he produces you have an asset at TE

Idk we haven't dropped him yet so I guess someone things he has at least enough potential to carry into training camp. If you are one of those people who think we are going to draft that top te in round one I think you are going to find yourself disappointed.

22 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Idk we haven't dropped him yet so I guess someone things he has at least enough potential to carry into training camp. If you are one of those people who think we are going to draft that top te in round one I think you are going to find yourself disappointed.

i wouldnt want a TE at 6.

19 hours ago, Mike135 said:

This affects us how?  We don't throw to TEs.  He's not especially good (though suppose he could be in time).  And we don't have a QB on the roster currently capable of completing passes.

Let the guy rest the two games.  In fact all our players should get at least 4 paid Sundays off this season.  Let 'em rest for 2018.

We don't have that limp*** calling shots at OC now. Come to think about it, we actually don't even have a QB to throw to a WR either. 

On 3/15/2017 at 9:14 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm aware of all of that and I didn't state anything that would insinuate I didn't. I didn't chide him for anything he's done as a Jet. I'm not sure what you're saying here or what your point is. All I said was this wasn't a one time mistake, it's a pattern. Hopefully he has it fixed. 

Once is a mistake. Twice is a jail sentence. Still, he's a freakin beast, has untapped potential and is afforded the luxury of working through his dysfunctional issue.  Doesn't he have to take random whiz tests? Seems he's stayed off the sauce since joining us and that's a positive that he's taking this seriously.

Archived