Is Macc really smart or really stupid?

Freemanm

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/16/2017 at 9:00 AM, Freemanm said:

Given his do nothing approach to free agency, in which all he's done is sign a washed up tackle and kicker, as well as overpay some scrubs (I won't even get into his pathetic attempt to lure Hightower), does he have some sort of brilliant master plan that no one seems to know about or does his non-action signify that he is totally incompetent?

Instead of trying to add a few meaningless wins to our total, I think (hope!) that Macc is going to just try to rebuild through the draft.  Yes, we'll probably be crappy next year but I'd rather be crappy and pick at the top of the draft than finish 7-9 and never be able to draft true game changers.  The best approach is to not put lipstick on this pig.

As a wise man once said: "you are what you is".  

I don't get the Fitz hate. 

He gave us excellent QB play in 2015 that we haven't seen here since Chad.  We took a shot of catching lightning twice and it failed but there was no other option.  No savior QB was coming here in 2016.  Geno killing a 10 win team the next year, while a 30 TD QB sits unsigned, gets STH's and fans pissed off and gets Mac fired.  Think about that scenario.

The complaints about his contract hurting us are overblown.  Cap hit is measly 5M. 

And all you clairvoyants that knew Fitz was gonna suck in 2016.... well congratulations on your vast superior football knowledge.  You are now batting .500 cause you were dead WRONG in 2015. 

23 minutes ago, dcJet said:

He gave us excellent QB play in 2015 that we haven't seen here since Chad.  We took a shot of catching lightning twice and it failed but there was no other option.  No savior QB was coming here in 2016.  Geno killing a 10 win team the next year, while a 30 TD QB sits unsigned, gets STH's and fans pissed off and gets Mac fired.  Think about that scenario.

The complaints about his contract hurting us are overblown.  Cap hit is measly 5M. 

And all you clairvoyants that knew Fitz was gonna suck in 2016.... well congratulations on your vast superior football knowledge.  You are now batting .500 cause you were dead WRONG in 2015. 

Got to appreciate this kind of thinking.

Rational thinking, we tried to catch lightning in a bottle twice, we had no other option somehow gets twisted half way threw the post into going after people who uses the same rational thinking, with a different result as clairvoyants sarcastically congratulated.  And the best yet, blamed for being wrong in 2015

Mac's main mission is to find us a competent QB.  Idzik failed at that by passing on Carr and Bridgewater.

So far for Mac passed on Paxton Lynch and Dak Prescott and Siemian and took Petty and Hack.  Lets see how that pans out.  (doesn't look good right now).

52 minutes ago, dcJet said:

He wasn't great in 2015. He was as inaccurate as ever, with second and third string defenders dropping his would-be interceptions. He looked better than he was because of the low level of competition the team faced that year. I understand that some fans were duped by that, but the alleged football men in charge of the team shouldn't've been. 

And the cap hit is the full $12M. Cap space rolls during the current CBA. That's money that could've been put to use this year or next, but it's now forever gone for a QB who wound up benched for Geno Smith. 

On 3/16/2017 at 4:07 PM, KRL said:

The players we COULD have had instead of Coples in 2012:

- Melvin Ingram (OLB)
- Chandler Jones (OLB)
- David DeCastro (G)
- Whitney Mercilus (OLB)
- Harrison Smith (S)
- Donta Hightower (ILB)
- Doug Martin (RB)

The players we COULD have had instead of Hill in 2012:

- Alshon Jeffery (WR)
- Bobby Wagner (LB)
- Kelechi Osemele (G)
- Lavonte David (LB)

Do you think a combination of any of those players would've helped?

I'm not a big Mac believer but drafting in hindsight is much easier than drafting in real time. 

or to put it in Back to the Future terms, 

Biff Tannen is not a great sports handicapper, he just has the Almanac. 

tumblr_mlpbg0eUuB1risj2so2_250.gif

4 minutes ago, slats said:

He wasn't great in 2015. He was as inaccurate as ever, with second and third string defenders dropping his would-be interceptions. He looked better than he was because of the low level of competition the team faced that year. I understand that some fans were duped by that, but the alleged football men in charge of the team shouldn't've been. 

And the cap hit is the full $12M. Cap space rolls during the current CBA. That's money that could've been put to use this year or next, but it's now forever gone for a QB who wound up benched for Geno Smith. 

C'mon man, Fitz made some great reads and throws that year too against some quality defenses.  Open your heart a little.

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

C'mon man, Fitz made some great reads and throws that year too against some quality defenses.  Open your heart a little.

You can put together a highlight reel for just about anyone in the league, and they'll look pretty good. Marshall and Decker balled for him that year. His arm was, and is still, a wet noodle. And no, not against some quality defenses. Against the weakest schedule in the league. 

Archived