Question: Is There Any Situation Where The Jets Could Draft Both Watson and Williams from Clemson?

Warfish

Using our current crop of picks, and our current roster of players (looking at you Sheldon Richardson).

Could the Draft fall in such a way, and the Jets maneuver in such a way, so as to acquire both players?

Ignore if you LIKE the idea or not, is it possible and if so, how (would you say?)

If both players got arrested for something between now and the draft or they enter a rehab facility or really there are almost endless scenarios for their stock to plummet rapidly we could easily land both. The probability of it happening is not very good but the possibility is there.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

On 3/31/2017 at 8:07 PM, Warfish said:

Using our current crop of picks, and our current roster of players (looking at you Sheldon Richardson).

Could the Draft fall in such a way, and the Jets maneuver in such a way, so as to acquire both players?

Ignore if you LIKE the idea or not, is it possible and if so, how (would you say?)

If Watson Falls to our pick in the 2nd round... maybe... but It would be tough to see a scenario where we draft williams so high with great safeties on the board.

11 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

.. but It would be tough to see a scenario where we draft williams so high with great safeties on the board.

I cannot express in words how painful it is to keep hearing this repeated over and over this draft cycle.

The obsession with Safety, one of the least vital positions on a modern NFL team, when we're amongst the least talented, least productive offenses of the past decade, is just mind boggling to me.

It's almost like folks are willfully ignoring that we've spent the vast majority of our highest picks in recent years constantly drafting defense, all to no material reward.

Maybe, just maybe, it's time to look at the Offense first?

A safety at #6 is just.....no words on the level of facepalm.  So perfectly SOJ.

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I cannot express in words how painful it is to keep hearing this repeated over and over this draft cycle.

The obsession with Safety, one of the least vital positions on a modern NFL team, when we're amongst the least talented, least productive offenses of the past decade, is just mind boggling to me.

It's almost like folks are willfully ignoring that we've spent the vast majority of our highest picks in recent years constantly drafting defense, all to no material reward.

Maybe, just maybe, it's time to look at the Offense first?

A safety at #6 is just.....no words on the level of facepalm.  So perfectly SOJ.

Especially considering that the supposed best Safety is a 1 year wonder who can't even workout due to injury and the next best is a SS being portrayed as a FS because of his leadership skills instead of his athletic ability .

Archived