OTA Tweets

flgreen

16 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Do some of you pay attention to what, exactly, is said?

According to Cimini:  "Hack threw a nice TD to Decker."

He also threw a couple of incompletions that "WEREN'T CLOSE."

Think about those words, "weren't close."  That means the throws were like roll your eyes at the guy sitting next to you with no need to actually say anything... bad....

"Weren't close" are not words chosen regularly to describe successful NFL quarterbacks.  Neither are "couldn't hit the ocean."

Does it cross your mind , that wan't close can be the same thing as throwing it away. Of course Cimini wouldn't have am agenda :o so who knows . 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KRL said:

The media has access to ONE practice a week, why is it assumed that the reps are ALWAYS the same when the

media isn't there?  Never mind this is the internet, the posters know what's going on with no access 

Let's say they are truly splitting reps 33/33/33 between the three over the OTAs. Well then it is a COLOSSALY stupid move by the Jets to have the practice where McCown gets the most reps the one that the media sees. But I dont believe that is true. Bowles is going to play McCown and he is thumbing his nose at Mac and maybe even Woody. He is just that dumb. 

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Most of the offensive TEAM hasn't played in a WCO, let alone the 2 new neophyte QBs. 

This has been stated by myself and a few other non-neadrathals around here (choose to be offended if you think this applies to you :)), lol :

This is a VERY young team learning a new offensive system where most of the skill players and OLine - probably except for Forte, Decker, and possibly Bilal who was here under Schotty - have been in the league LESS THAN 4 years and aren't too familiar with the WCO (assumption on MY part). So it makes sense that the 1 QB who DOES have Familiarity with the WCO, McCown, would get the MOST reps during OTAs as the ENTIRE TEAM is LEARNING the offense and can't be held back by Petty and Hack who are also new to learning the WCO. MC Cown  is the only who can assure OTAs resemble a functioning  practice w/out the hiccups the other 2 QBS would definitely have during team drills. The TEAM still has to implement the offense, and MC Cown helps expedite and facilitate that during OTAs, without slowing down the rest of the team like #9 & #5 would.

Come TC, with time to learn the playbook and knowing now what coaches expect, I FULLY expect either Hack and Petty to seize the opportunity or we fans know that we go QB in '18.  By the 2nd preseason game McCown should be surpassed by either #9 or #5 in first team reps. If not, you're validated in your outrage w/McCown getting the primary reps and snaps, but that's in August, not early June. 

I still maintain this is a monumentally STUPID point. Having McCown start in OTAs does not give any advantage in the rest of the team learning the offense.

Just now, JiF said:

Might is the key word.  If it were my choice, it would be Teez, no questions asked.  Wilson was very good, but Teez is special. 

Tabor is a gambler, high risk reward type of player . IMO Wilson is the better fundamental player. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Might is the key word.  If it were my choice, it would be Teez, no questions asked.  Wilson was very good, but Teez is special. 

Teez will get killed unless he plays a limited defense and or has constant help over the top.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Tabor is a gambler, high risk reward type of player . IMO Wilson is the better fundamental player. 

Meh, I think Teez is just more instinctual and a naturally better Football player.  He was always in the right place.  He got beat once last year on a double move vs. Tenn. in the 2nd half but I dont remember much more than that one.  Kid is a game changer.  Does it all. 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Best corner in the draft.  Watch and see. 

If he plays in a protected system and has a great pass rush I'm sure he will look good. guys that run 4.65 are not playing revis island in this league.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

So to get away from the same ole QB rantings for a moment, does anyone have a clue as to what could possibly be the basis of so many thoughts on the Jets OL and pass rushers?  While obviously the success of the latter would be something we all want to hear, how exactly can any of these guys reasonably be evaluated in non-contract drills?  Everything these guys do is based entirely on contact.  If it's a concern of OL failing to block guys they can't touch, or excitement over rushers beating OL who are just standing there, I'm kind of thinking there's not much to be drawing from this.  Basically, outside of just looking at how quickly these guys get out of their stance, what is even going on there?

the Jets OL replaced 2 starters LT and C between this season and last and it's three starters if we count Shell at RT. It's a ton of change. Lines that make such huge changes often have continuity issues in the short term. 

also if the QB doesn't recognize the blocking or situations where there's going to be a free rusher that often gets seen as an OL issue when it's a QB issue. 

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

So in all seriousness, at this point - what would you do? 

Let McCown start?

Give Petty another shot?

Or give Hack more reps and keep your fingers crossed that during camp he shows improvement?

I mean, it's fun to come here and read all the posts bashing Hackenberg on a daily basis, but really, what options does this team have right now? As a fan, I'm rooting for improvement from the young guys. Do I believe either of them are our future? I'm not stupid. But I'm not going to come to JN to bash them every ******* time they throw an incompletion in OTAs.

Petty.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Does it cross your mind , that wan't close can be the same thing as throwing it away. Of course Cimini wouldn't have am agenda :o so who knows . 

Of course it crossed my mind.  Cimini has been covering football a looong time.  He can tell the difference between throwing it away and missing the target.

Did it occur to you that "throwing it away" doesn't seem to be particularly high on Hack's priority list?  How many balls did he throw to defenders today? Not just the picks... but those that should have been also.

But go ahead and stick to your "agenda-driven fake news" narrative.  It works so well for half of the country... Well, less than half.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Of course it crossed my mind.  Cimini has been covering football a looong time.  He can tell the difference between throwing it away and missing the target.

Did it occur to you that "throwing it away" doesn't seem to be particularly high on Hack's priority list?  How many balls did he throw to defenders today? Not just the picks... but those that should have been also.

But go ahead and stick to your "agenda-driven fake news" narrative.  It already works for the dumber half of the country.

I can't believe your roasting me on agenda driven fake news, while stating the following - Cimini has been covering football a looong time.  He can tell the difference between throwing it away and missing the target. Cimini is the biggest agenda driven beat writer in this market (well maybe tied for 1st with Manish) . Come on face it no matter what is reported you will spin into a negative about Hack period. 

Think I'm going to remove the beat writers that report "almost int" or "near int" from my twitter lists.  That kind of sh*t is inflammatory and subjective and actually pisses me off and riles up the fan base.  Sick of it, I don't need their opinions just report the binary stats.  Thanks OP for putting the tweets together, after today I think I'm removing Connor from my list as the first casualty.

20 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I can't believe your roasting me on agenda driven fake news, while stating the following - Cimini has been covering football a looong time.  He can tell the difference between throwing it away and missing the target. Cimini is the biggest agenda driven beat writer in this market (well maybe tied for 1st with Manish) . Come on face it no matter what is reported you will spin into a negative about Hack period. 

And what about Conor Hughes?  Did you read his tweets?

"Rough series"

"3 dropped INTs"

"ugly overthrow"

Are those agenda-driven too?

3 hours ago, KRL said:

The media has access to ONE practice a week, why is it assumed that the reps are ALWAYS the same when the

media isn't there?  Never mind this is the internet, the posters know what's going on with no access 

This is a good point. I wrote about this a while back. But Hack being in front of the media as little as possible right now is a good thing.

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

"Rough series"

"3 dropped INTs"

"ugly overthrow"

Are politicians - Honest ???.  Do the Patriots cheat ?? Do beat writers trying to generate clicks or sell stories have agendas ???

Just read what Hughes wrote about McCags and tell me he doesn't have an agenda. 

Come on your smarter than this. 

5 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Crazy thought -. Maybe Hackenberg's inconsistencies will diminish if the coaches actually continue to give him reps? I mean,he is the first young QB to ever struggle and have ups and downs and all.. But maybe the more he's on the field, the better he'll perform?  Or, we could just go with McCown, go 6-10, and end up with the #6 draft pick in 2018. So yeah, definitely the latter.

Agreed.  Reps with third stringers.... Yeah, that'll work. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If he plays in a protected system and has a great pass rush I'm sure he will look good. guys that run 4.65 are not playing revis island in this league.

Josh Norman does a pretty damn good Revis island impersonation, he ran the same.  Some guys are just really good at their craft.  Teez Tabor is one of those guys.  

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

"Rough series"

"3 dropped INTs"

"ugly overthrow"

Those are the tweets that get attention. True or not, the beat writers know it. Your arguments are naive at best. This is about social media, not actual football acumen amongst beat writers.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Those are the tweets that get attention. True or not, the beat writers know it. Your arguments are naive at best. This is about social media, not actual football acumen amongst beat writers.

And the positive tweets about Adams?  What are those about? 

The reality is that these beat writers, collectively, are probably calling it as best they can through their own eyes. Individual bias is unavoidable.  But this crap about all of their tweets fitting an agenda or being click bait is just that... crap.  Journalists are, in fact, human beings.  Something people like you have been brainwashed to forget.

I am not naive.  Just ahead of the curve, apparently.  Way ahead.

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

And the positive tweets about Adams?  What are those about? 

The reality is that these beat writers, collectively, are probably calling it as best they can through their own eyes. Individual bias is unavoidable.  But this crap about all of their tweets fitting an agenda or being click bait is just that... crap.  Journalists are, in fact, human beings.  Something people like you have been brainwashed to forget.

I am not naive.  Just ahead of the curve, apparently.  Way ahead.

The Hack tweets out number the other members of the team about 4-1. Your argument is naive, I didn't say you were. 

Ahead of the curve, lol... I'm not talking about Hack. You're probably right that he sucks. Who knows. I'm talking about the quality of your argument.

Archived