JN Mafia: Revenge of the Nerds

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

trust me I tried very hard to wear out JC and the Ape... and it honestly wore me out. Funny I think I did something without intent by peeling off 80 I actually made him look even more scummy and that helped in the end but I can't take credit for it because it really was not a strategy I had thought about. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Also CTM with his awe shucks might as well kill me and get some info crap worked out real well. 

80 really seemed in line with you. I was so pro-80 I starting siding w him on you. And when you flipped I actually questioned 80 for the first time, which is partially why I used the power that Night, if he said, inconclusive, again I'd have known he was lying aka scum. I also figured if I was NK it'd be redirected. But with me dead my role was too confusing to understand. So none of what a happened helped Town.

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

My biggest pet peeve after a game is when somebody quickly wants to start the next one. The lamenting is the best part to me. 

I've been dying for an Alt game I think we really need one since we are going to continue to get stale if we dont mix sh*t up a bit. I was strongly considering not playing for a while or quitting outright I need a break from the same old crap TBH

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

80 really seemed in line with you. I was so pro-80 I starting siding w him on you. And when you flipped I actually questioned 80 for the first time, which is partially why I used the power that Night, if he said, inconclusive, again I'd have known he was lying. I also figured if I was NK it'd be redirected. But with me dead my role was too confusing to understand. So none of what a happened helped Town.

My feeling about you in this game was you were playing it very well and steady but when CTM didnt hammer Ballin it gave you more time to think and you switched on to me. I felt if Chan hammers Ballin when he was at L-1 you would have not put as much thought as you did and I would have been ok. At least that's how I felt about your play. Would that be correct or were you going in another direction ?

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

trust me I tried very hard to wear out JC and the Ape... and it honestly wore me out. Funny I think I did something without intent by peeling off 80 I actually made him look even more scummy and that helped in the end but I can't take credit for it because it really was not a strategy I had thought about. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Also CTM with his awe shucks might as well kill me and get some info crap worked out real well. 

The biggest factor in me deeming 80 scum was you peeling off him and voting Nolder at D1 deadline - and DPR defending him on D2 when there wasn't really any reason to. Both those things just seemed so gratuitous to me, I couldn't see past them.

@HessStation any idea why my your action didn't impact our kill?

also i thought for sure nyn was cop, so we were not even cop hunting after night 1. She confirmed 80's reveal of a power role and said something like you can kill me just give me a night or two first

in retrospect leelou shot her so we should've looked elsewhere 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

My feeling about you in this game was you were playing it very well and steady but when CTM didnt hammer Ballin it gave you more time to think and you switched on to me. I felt if Chan hammers Ballin when he was at L-1 you would have not put as much thought as you did and I would have been ok. At least that's how I felt about your play. Would that be correct or were you going in another direction ?

Not really true,  I switched off CTM bc I had too, you had two votes and were in the gray area for me, plus realizing CTM wasn't voting you helped my decision. You played a good game of blending in.

38 minutes ago, CTM said:

also i thought for sure nyn was cop, so we were not even cop hunting after night 1. She confirmed 80's reveal of a power role and said something like you can kill me just give me a night or two first

From JiF in dead thread. Gg btw

JiFPerson was signed in when posted
07-06-2017
08:28 PM ET (US)
So, Hess used his weed, which put everything random.

Ape - investigated CTM - random gave him, CTM - lol
80 Watched Ape - random gave him Hess
CTM killed Hess and RB'd 80 - random gave him Hess and Ape

So Ape got inconclusive
And 80 got CTM visited Hess.

This is going to be brilliant. Best case scenario for CTM since Ape had him with a guilty.

59 minutes ago, CTM said:

Keep in mind I didn't really understand my role/ power. JiF was vague in PM...just said it would give confusing result like redirect everyone's powers. 

...I just wanted to use my power before dead and wanted to vet 80...so I thought....thought I'd be alive to explain it to living players next day. Or catch 80 if lying scum

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, HessStation said:

From JiF in dead thread. Gg btw

JiFPerson was signed in when posted
07-06-2017
08:28 PM ET (US)
So, Hess used his weed, which put everything random.

Ape - investigated CTM - random gave him, CTM - lol
80 Watched Ape - random gave him Hess
CTM killed Hess and RB'd 80 - random gave him Hess and Ape

So Ape got inconclusive
And 80 got CTM visited Hess.

This is going to be brilliant. Best case scenario for CTM since Ape had him with a guilty.

best case would've been killing that filthy gorilla you bunghole surfer

8 hours ago, JiF said:

Scum wins.  All the answers are in the dead thread.   Dont have time to explain.  Sorry for the anti-climatic ending.

https://quicktopic.com/52/H/6jhmVs3W5ndf

https://quicktopic.com/52/H/9y9eFawLVWXj

GG scum. I see most agreeing that Town deserved the game and that's probably true but you guys played a decent game as well so it's alright.

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Truthfully, I don't understand what's bad about expressing regret about where I flaked out. I'm not taking credit away from you, but being wrong in this scenario required your play + my apathy.

Are we going to play another game or not? I think @The Crusher wants to... 

I would like to run the next game in a week or two if enough people are down to play. 

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I've been dying for an Alt game I think we really need one since we are going to continue to get stale if we dont mix sh*t up a bit. I was strongly considering not playing for a while or quitting outright I need a break from the same old crap TBH

I ******* hate alt games to be honest. If ya'll would rather play that then someone else can run it and I'll play (reluctantly) and then run my game after.

Up to you guys, no big deal if that's what you'd rather do. I'd rather people play a game they're into then play one they're not.

Push NYN a bit I think I have her on the ropes if people actually read this game. Soon shes gonna get pissed at me and that's gonna get her lynched especially since she just said she don't really care.

Well done. My memory of the game is a bit fuzzy but iirc you did indeed piss her off lol.

Or someone did anyway.

I'm watching. I need to get Older lynched just based on principal. I would even give him credit if he didn't do this every ******* game.

Something about your scum game is just obvious as **** to me. I don't know what it is but when I see it I know it.

You've been scum a lot lately. It's nothing personal.

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

GG scum. I see most agreeing that Town deserved the game and that's probably true but you guys played a decent game as well so it's alright.

I would like to run the next game in a week or two if enough people are down to play. 

I ******* hate alt games to be honest. If ya'll would rather play that then someone else can run it and I'll play (reluctantly) and then run my game after.

Up to you guys, no big deal if that's what you'd rather do. I'd rather people play a game they're into then play one they're not.

calm down Nolder I'm just one person making a suggestion . We are a relatively small group compared to other sites that play Mafia we know each other well sometimes too well I just felt a little mix up would refresh things a bit

• Upvote 1

I don't like alt but only because i generally figure out who most people are and then remembering who said what becomes more difficult as early in the game i  associate the position or comment with the alt name and by later on the newer comments / position get associated with the real user. Just harder to keep track of everything for me and when the search here makes it impossible to iso that pretty much ruins it 

Chimp the pimp reminded me of that dead thread a few years back where people were impersonating each other.. Crusher was one of the targets and got all pissed about it and quit mafia forever, think that was the first of about 12 times 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

Chimp the pimp reminded me of that dead thread a few years back where people were impersonating each other.. Crusher was one of the targets and got all pissed about it and quit mafia forever, think that was the first of about 12 times 

Haha yes. You think chimp and Shamu is mad? Truth is I am done playing mafia for awhile. If you guys want to do an alt game I can get the Alts for you. When Lilly thought about modding an alt game I went through them and made sure no repeat characters. So half of the game won't be a Pacino character and the other half split up between Pesci and Deniro. 

21 minutes ago, CTM said:

haven't we all quit like 12 times each ? I know I'm at at least 5 quit forever emo breakdowns

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Haha yes. You think chimp and Shamu is mad? Truth is I am done playing mafia for awhile. If you guys want to do an alt game I can get the Alts for you. When Lilly thought about modding an alt game I went through them and made sure no repeat characters. So half of the game won't be a Pacino character and the other half split up between Pesci and Deniro. 

I'm going to tell you something right now baby shamu if i play you're ass is playing 

28 minutes ago, CTM said:

I don't like alt but only because i generally figure out who most people are and then remembering who said what becomes more difficult as early in the game i  associate the position or comment with the alt name and by later on the newer comments / position get associated with the real user. Just harder to keep track of everything for me and when the search here makes it impossible to iso that pretty much ruins it 

well yeah as soon as one of he ALTS says Narrative or Ironic we'll know its the Ape

But seriously isn't that the point of Alt games changing up what you normally do ?

12 hours ago, HessStation said:

I think that's fair, all three townies seemed worn out at the end. I was honestly surprised by how unconvincing 80 was being tbh.

By the time I got the "CTM visited Hess" result, I'd already botched my reveal/role so much that it didn't matter.  No one was going to trust my result, and rightly so.  So I just kind of gave up.  Awful game on my part.  

I mean, it was pretty telling that I was a watcher who was left alive till endgame. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

By the time I got the "CTM visited Hess" result, I'd already botched my reveal/role so much that it didn't matter.  No one was going to trust my result, and rightly so.  So I just kind of gave up.  Awful game on my part. 

yeah but you were like my buddy and all

• Upvote 2