Your 2017-2018 New York Knicks Thread--The Unicorn & the French Prince!!!!!

SMC

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/27/2017 at 2:34 PM, Matt39 said:

Who cares about being the man? What does that even mean. He takes too many shots. He doesnt rebound or pass well enough. The quote is nice, hopefully there's some conviction behind it. Take less shots, impact the game in other ways besides volume shooting. The 6-19 nights loses games. Lee and Kanter are both having excellent seasons- more passing will go along way. Stop trying to be Durant.

Amazing how Phil took a carpet bombing from fans and the media for even listening to trade offers for KP

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Amazing how Phil took a carpet bombing from fans and the media for even listening to trade offers for KP

The hype is going to kill his career. Any sort of criticism of his game is met with outright delusion. With the amount of touches he has either the efficiency needs to improve drastically or he needs to learn how to pass. Going 6-19 frequently isn’t going to win us anything. He’s been so unimpressive this year man.

20 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The hype is going to kill his career. Any sort of criticism of his game is met with outright delusion. With the amount of touches he has either the efficiency needs to improve drastically or he needs to learn how to pass. Going 6-19 frequently isn’t going to win us anything. He’s been so unimpressive this year man.

KP is 22 yrs old and still learning.  The shooting slump is due to his injury return and his not adjusting to how smaller defenders started defending him this year after his fast start.  He's recognized this and is working on improving.  Patience is a virtue.

On 12/30/2017 at 4:32 PM, Matt39 said:

I’m still a KP believer but I didn’t get the outrage Phil met last summer just for thinking about trading him.  I like KP but I’d take Jayson Tatum over him

Oh and I don’t want to hear KP saying he’s unsure about accepting a long term extension he’s lucky he gets to be a star in the world’s biggest nba market 

19 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I’m still a KP believer but I didn’t get the outrage Phil met last summer just for thinking about trading him.  I like KP but I’d take Jayson Tatum over him

That's insanity.  There is literally a Jayson Tatum-like player in every draft.

So I say give it until the Golden State game in 3 weeks. If the team bottoms out then become sellers. This roster has a bunch of assets that can net picks. Lee, Baker, and KOQ are legitimately valuable as trade assets. McDermott and Beasley could be valuable if they're included as part of a package. Start giving Willie some minutes to see if we can up his value because it's damn clear that Kantor is a solid long-term solution for the 5. I know Willie was the plan but weren't we basically hoping that he would turn into the kind of player that Kantor is already?

There is still plenty of time to get their act together and getting the younger guys postseason experience is priority #1, but if it's not there it's not there.

On 1/3/2018 at 11:56 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

So I say give it until the Golden State game in 3 weeks. If the team bottoms out then become sellers. This roster has a bunch of assets that can net picks. Lee, Baker, and KOQ are legitimately valuable as trade assets. McDermott and Beasley could be valuable if they're included as part of a package. Start giving Willie some minutes to see if we can up his value because it's damn clear that Kantor is a solid long-term solution for the 5. I know Willie was the plan but weren't we basically hoping that he would turn into the kind of player that Kantor is already?

There is still plenty of time to get their act together and getting the younger guys postseason experience is priority #1, but if it's not there it's not there.

If the Knicks get through January 3-4 games under .500 stick with what they have.  They still have a reasonable shot at the 8th seed which would be a huge step in the right direction.  O’Quinn and Baker are good role players on affordable deals.  

I think they resign Kanter.  Tbh I don’t think this roster is that far off problem is THJ is injured and Frank is so young once Frank gets older and puts on weight watch out we will contend in the East

On 1/3/2018 at 9:58 PM, Matt39 said:

Which the Knicks could use. 

Which they'll get in this year's draft.  They Knicks are in prime position to draft a quality starting two-way SF (they're a couple in their draft range, one being Mikal Bridges)

On 1/4/2018 at 12:56 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

People are finally grasping the impact that Timmy has on the team.  He still leads the team in 3's made, although he's missed 19 straight games.  They're 8-11 in his absence.

When Timmy comes back, this will be a different team.  They'll shoot more 3s and get more transition baskets.  What Timmy's absence does is show Perry what additions he needs to make.

5 hours ago, SMC said:

People are finally grasping the impact that Timmy has on the team.  He still leads the team in 3's made, although he's missed 19 straight games.  They're 8-11 in his absence.

When Timmy comes back, this will be a different team.  They'll shoot more 3s and get more transition baskets.  What Timmy's absence does is show Perry what additions he needs to make.

Stop saying Timmy. It's weird.

KP is going to be a superstar in this league for a long time. He is basically Dirk but with a 3 point shot. ...Frank Ntikninakgdifj whatever his name is..has a long way to go. But as you know NBA is different than NFL..it takes some years to develop. It really does. Kobe wasn’t Kobe until his 3,4th year. Curry wasn’t Curry until his 5th year. The kid has the skill set to play like a young Tony Parker. Someone who can dish the ball out well and play solid defense...he needs to work on his scoring...it will help his consistency.

Knicks are right on schedule for THJ's return.  Battle out the season, get a low lottery pick that's an immediate wing contributor and they'll be in good shape going forward.

This is all part of the learning process.

6 hours ago, SMC said:

Knicks are right on schedule for THJ's return.  Battle out the season, get a low lottery pick that's an immediate wing contributor and they'll be in good shape going forward.

This is all part of the learning process.

If the last 11 games have been on schedule, I'm scared to think about what off schedule could have been.

On 1/12/2018 at 11:07 PM, Matt39 said:

Phil got railroaded. Porzingis...yikes. It’s worse than we thought. He’s terrible.

I hope KP enjoys wasting the rest of his career in some podunk garbage market like Milwaukee or Oklahoma City in 3 years because he blames New York and Phil for him not being able to handle the spotlight 

Archived