Your 2017-2018 New York Knicks Thread--The Unicorn & the French Prince!!!!!

SMC

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I hope KP enjoys wasting the rest of his career in some podunk garbage market like Milwaukee or Oklahoma City in 3 years because he blames New York and Phil for him not being able to handle the spotlight 

He’s just not that good. He doesn’t have a position. He can’t rebound well enough to be a big and he’s not a good enough shooter to play wing. His shot selection/ball hogging is horrific.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He’s just not that good. He doesn’t have a position. He can’t rebound well enough to be a big and he’s not a good enough shooter to play wing. His shot selection/ball hogging is horrific.

I disagreed with you but last several games are really starting to make me wonder about this guy.  That game yesterday oh my God.  I wouldn’t be so upset but his cocky attitude “oh the Knicks aren’t a guarantee to resign me in a couple years”

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I disagreed with you but last several games are really starting to make me wonder about this guy.  That game yesterday oh my God.  I wouldn’t be so upset but his cocky attitude “oh the Knicks aren’t a guarantee to resign me in a couple years”

LOL.  He's 22 and still learning to be the No.1 option.  NY fans have no patience

And he never said, "Knicks aren't guaranteed to re-sign him."

19 minutes ago, SMC said:

LOL.  He's 22 and still learning to be the No.1 option.  NY fans have no patience

And he never said, "Knicks aren't guaranteed to re-sign him."

Learning by taking long two's while being double teamed? Wonder who he learned that from. He doesnt rebound, he doesnt pass, and he doesnt shoot well. Other than that he's awesome.

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Learning by taking long two's while being double teamed? Wonder who he learned that from. He doesnt rebound, he doesnt pass, and he doesnt shoot well. Other than that he's awesome.

Porzingis is basketball Sanchez. It feels unbelievable that this same sh*t is happening again. Waiting out the end of an extension we can't even offer the conspicuously overrated franchise cornerstone yet like watching a plane crash in slow motion before it's even taken off. Again. And why? Because the only thing worse than having nobody in charge is having goddamned Jimmy Dolan in charge. Dolan is a buttsniffing fanboy and the predictable result is a catastrophic institutional failure of overvaluing sh*t that looks cool relative to stuff that wins games.

15 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He spoke about about the learning process after the Nets game, actually.

Also, why do you have a hard-on for rebounding?  It has nothing to do with defense.  Kanter is a prime example.  He's a very good rebounder, but not an elite rim protector.  KP is an elite rim protector.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Porzingis is basketball Sanchez. It feels unbelievable that this same sh*t is happening again. Waiting out the end of an extension we can't even offer the conspicuously overrated franchise cornerstone yet like watching a plane crash in slow motion before it's even taken off. Again. And why? Because the only thing worse than having nobody in charge is having goddamned Jimmy Dolan in charge. Dolan is a buttsniffing fanboy and the predictable result is a catastrophic institutional failure of overvaluing sh*t that looks cool relative to stuff that wins games.

This is incredibly stupid take.

KP leads the NBA in blocks, is top 5 in FG percentage at the rim, and top 15 in scoring.  He's about to make the All Star team.  Sanchez isn't a remotely valid comparison.

Also, Scott Perry is in charge, not Dolan.  Perry knows what he's doing.  He traded Melo for Kanter and McBucketts, didn't he?

1 hour ago, SMC said:

He spoke about about the learning process after the Nets game, actually.

Also, why do you have a hard-on for rebounding?  It has nothing to do with defense.  Kanter is a prime example.  He's a very good rebounder, but not an elite rim protector.  KP is an elite rim protector.

Because if he's going to be an inefficient shooter he's gotta compensate it with either passing or rebounding- he does neither well. We're talking about him being the franchise, a 200 million dollar player- with his current production it'd be insane. I just dont see it. Height is meaningless if you cant shoot, rebound or pass.

As with rim protection- what is he then on defense- Shawn Bradley? 

He needs to cut down on the stupid shots, figure out how to pass if he wants to be a Kevin Durant type of guy on the wing- or get stronger and figure out how to rebound if he';s going to be a big. This hybrid wing floater chucker Bargnani production isnt ideal.

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Because if he's going to be an inefficient shooter he's gotta compensate it with either passing or rebounding- he does neither well. We're talking about him being the franchise, a 200 million dollar player- with his current production it'd be insane. I just dont see it. Height is meaningless if you cant shoot, rebound or pass.

As with rim protection- what is he then on defense- Shawn Bradley? 

He needs to cut down on the stupid shots, figure out how to pass if he wants to be a Kevin Durant type of guy on the wing- or get stronger and figure out how to rebound if he';s going to be a big. This hybrid wing floater chucker Bargnani production isnt ideal.

Do you read the articles on the Knicks or see the player quotes after the games or practice?

The reason why I ask is that KP specifically said recently and after the Nets game that he needs to take more efficient shots.  So what you're criticize him for (and I agree with), he says he is going to improve on.  He also has said that he is working on being a better passer.

As to rebounding, he said he is also working on that, but I might add the caveat that the way the Knicks use him prevents him from accumulating a lot of rebounds.  The Knicks are focused more on team rebounds and are actually 7th in rebounding in the NBA.  They are also 4th in opponent FG%.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Do you read the articles on the Knicks or see the player quotes after the games or practice?

The reason why I ask is that KP specifically said recently and after the Nets game that he needs to take more efficient shots.  So what you're criticize him for (and I agree with), he says he is going to improve on.  He also has said that he is working on being a better passer.

As to rebounding, he said he is also working on that, but I might add the caveat that the way the Knicks use him prevents him from accumulating a lot of rebounds.  The Knicks are focused more on team rebounds and are actually 7th in rebounding in the NBA.  They are also 4th in opponent FG%.

We'll see. He always plays well against the Nets. He seems way too concerned about the ASG and his points per game(which both are completely meaningless)

I dont think anyone does him any favors calling him a superstar, unicorn, etc. He's got a long ways to go. He's not Kevin Durant and he's never going to be Kevin Durant. He's a stretch 4. He's certainly not a max player right now and if the Knicks committed that much money to him right now they'd be screwed. 

29 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We'll see. He always plays well against the Nets. He seems way too concerned about the ASG and his points per game(which both are completely meaningless)

I dont think anyone does him any favors calling him a superstar, unicorn, etc. He's got a long ways to go. He's not Kevin Durant and he's never going to be Kevin Durant. He's a stretch 4. He's certainly not a max player right now and if the Knicks committed that much money to him right now they'd be screwed. 

Last things first, there are different level's of "max".  When we're talking about a rookie extension "max", KP is certainly that.  Everyone up for an extension who a team wants to keep has gotten the rookie extension max.  Heck, Embiid got it after only 31 games.  So the guys teams want to keep from the 2015 draft (Towns, KP, Booker and Turner) are all getting max deals.  It's the way NBA works.

As to the first, I keep on going back to being 22.  This is a process.  He's averaging over 20 ppg and leads the NBA in blocks.  That's a rarity.  He's still evolving as a player.  Fans just need to be patient.

5 minutes ago, SMC said:

Last things first, there are different level's of "max".  When we're talking about a rookie extension "max", KP is certainly that.  Everyone up for an extension who a team wants to keep has gotten the rookie extension max.  Heck, Embiid got it after only 31 games.  So the guys teams want to keep from the 2015 draft (Towns, KP, Booker and Turner) are all getting max deals.  It's the way NBA works.

As to the first, I keep on going back to being 22.  This is a process.  He's averaging over 20 ppg and leads the NBA in blocks.  That's a rarity.  He's still evolving as a player.  Fans just need to be patient.

Says who? Lebron? Teams can make their own choices. The Wiggins contract is already a disaster. Devin Booker sucks, why would anyone give him max money? Potential? What potential? because he shoots a lot? The Suns being idiots shouldnt have any impact on the Knicks decisions.

The Knicks dont have to do anything with Porzingis. We can be patient, but we also can be realistic. If I'm Mills or whoever's making decisions at this point- look at everything. Dealing him while his value is still high needs to be on the table. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Says who? Lebron? Teams can make their own choices. The Wiggins contract is already a disaster. Devin Booker sucks, why would anyone give him max money? Potential? What potential? because he shoots a lot? The Suns being idiots shouldnt have any impact on the Knicks decisions.

The Knicks dont have to do anything with Porzingis. We can be patient, but we also can be realistic. If I'm Mills or whoever's making decisions at this point- look at everything. Dealing him while his value is still high needs to be on the table. 

Teams simply don't work like that, but you can keep pining for a change in SOP. 

The Wiggins contract is the norm.  Just have to deal with it.  No team is trading their 1st rounder who they want to re-sign in order to save a few bucks.

4 minutes ago, SMC said:

Teams simply don't work like that, but you can keep pining for a change in SOP. 

The Wiggins contract is the norm.  Just have to deal with it.  No team is trading their 1st rounder who they want to re-sign in order to save a few bucks.

If the two highest paid players on the team for the next 4 years are Porzingis and Hardaway the team will continue to suck and you'll still be making excuses.

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If the two highest paid players on the team for the next 4 years are Porzingis and Hardaway the team will continue to suck and you'll still be making excuses.

Let's see what the future holds.  But, technically, there is the possibility that neither could be the highest paid players on the team and the team could still suck.

BTW, the NBA announced that KP is 5th in jersey sales.

7 minutes ago, SMC said:

Let's see what the future holds.  But, technically, there is the possibility that neither could be the highest paid players on the team and the team could still suck.

BTW, the NBA announced that KP is 5th in jersey sales.

Which is precisely how Dolan operates the franchise. Notoriety > winning.

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Which is precisely how Dolan operates the franchise. Notoriety > winning.

Disagree.  I think Dolan has always wanted to win he just had no idea how to do it.  Unlike Woody who thinks he’s some political guy now and could care less if the jets go 5-11 every season next 10 years

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

No his brother did. 

Correct, but KP then said his brother was mistranslated (the original article was in Latvian) and denied the sentiment and then professed his love for NY, wants to spend the rest of his career here, etc.

So its not like there was a family proclamation.  There's still a long ways from then and if the Knicks want to extend him, he'll take the money.  Guaranteed.  All rookies do.

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Disagree.  I think Dolan has always wanted to win he just had no idea how to do it.  Unlike Woody who thinks he’s some political guy now and could care less if the jets go 5-11 every season next 10 years

Exactly.  Dolan doesn't know what he's doing, but wants to win.  Fortunately, Dolan looks more interested in his music now and has left Mills/Perry alone.

Perry is an experienced and respected NBA executive.  For the time being, I put my faith in him.  He's already done well with the Melo trade and the cheap signings of Beasley and Jack.

On 1/17/2018 at 10:25 AM, SMC said:

Exactly.  Dolan doesn't know what he's doing, but wants to win.  Fortunately, Dolan looks more interested in his music now and has left Mills/Perry alone.

Perry is an experienced and respected NBA executive.  For the time being, I put my faith in him.  He's already done well with the Melo trade and the cheap signings of Beasley and Jack.

Plus if the Knicks keep playing like this they will have another top 8 draft pick

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Oh sh*t, are these KP doubts rampant? Gd it sucks to play for any NY team that isn’t the Yankees or Giants.

Currently 4th in usage and outside of the top 100 in TS%. He also rebounds like a guard. The doubts are real and concerning.

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Currently 4th in usage and outside of the top 100 in TS%. He also rebounds like a guard. The doubts are real and concerning.

Of course you can have doubts, but it's still premature for a 22 yr old.

Again, you have a hardon for rebounding which has nothing to do with individual defense.  Knicks as a team are a top 7 in rebounding.  That's the way they are built.  They don't need KP to have over 10 rebounds a game.

37 minutes ago, SMC said:

Of course you can have doubts, but it's still premature for a 22 yr old.

Again, you have a hardon for rebounding which has nothing to do with individual defense.  Knicks as a team are a top 7 in rebounding.  That's the way they are built.  They don't need KP to have over 10 rebounds a game.

I have a hardon for winning. If he's going to have the ball that much(which he shouldnt) he's going to have to figure out how to pass or rebound better. The Knicks continue to do the same things over and over, efficiency is what wins. Porzingis over shooting to get ASG votes is why this franchise continues to rudder. And everyone's afraid to say anything, because like Melo- the star at MSG (regardless of record) can get you fired. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I have a hardon for winning. If he's going to have the ball that much(which he shouldnt) he's going to have to figure out how to pass or rebound better. The Knicks continue to do the same things over and over, efficiency is what wins. Porzingis over shooting to get ASG votes is why this franchise continues to rudder. And everyone's afraid to say anything, because like Melo- the star at MSG (regardless of record) can get you fired. 

The top 7 rebounding teams are PHI, CHA, LAL, BKN, DEN, PHO & NYK.  Only PHI has a winning record and that is only 21-10.  Rebounds don't equate to winning.

Does KP have to be more efficient shooting the ball?  Absolutely.  Has he said he needs to improve in that area?  Yes.

I'm all in on trading for Kemba. What would it take? Maybe Lee, KOQ, and taking on Marvin Williams' or MKG's contract?

And yeah yeah, patience, youth movement circle jerk, blah blah blah. Kemba is a boss and handles the Garden like a g. If you aren't a Kemba fan you don't deserve a penis. And if you're a chick then you don't deserve a metaphorical penis.

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm all in on trading for Kemba. What would it take? Maybe Lee, KOQ, and taking on Marvin Williams' or MKG's contract?

And yeah yeah, patience, youth movement circle jerk, blah blah blah. Kemba is a boss and handles the Garden like a g. If you aren't a Kemba fan you don't deserve a penis. And if you're a chick then you don't deserve a metaphorical penis.

Hi, this is GreenwichJetFan, a UConn alum and die-hard fan who was at every big east game Kemba played in at the Garden, and I endorse this message.

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Was about to say this Kemba is on the trading block and ghe Knicks and Cavs are linked to them. Kemba is tremendous scorer. Him and KP would be a great duo. 

7 hours ago, SMC said:

The top 7 rebounding teams are PHI, CHA, LAL, BKN, DEN, PHO & NYK.  Only PHI has a winning record and that is only 21-10.  Rebounds don't equate to winning.

Does KP have to be more efficient shooting the ball?  Absolutely.  Has he said he needs to improve in that area?  Yes.

What more can you really ask out of his shooting? The area he truly needs to improve in is rebounding and it’s not even necessarily “improving” more than just “wanting it” because he’s 7’3 averaging 7-8 boards ...when you have someone like Russell Westbrook who is 6’3 getting 10 plus a game. He wants it more. KP’s shot is great...he shoots from any where on the court. 

Archived