Kirk Cousins is GOOD!

Jetster

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

You don't have to have a perfect team strong in all areas to compete and win games. Most teams have flaws. If the Jets added Cousins and a couple quality lineman they are a playoff caliber team. Of course they'd still have other areas they would need to get better in but they can address them while being competitive year in and year out. It's a QB driven league.

No you don't ie. Saints, Bears, Ravens wow there is three. You wan't a balanced healthy team and wins I'm not interested in .500 Jet teams I want to eventually win the division, conf., SB. This org. hasn't even been competitive including when they backed into the playoffs with Sanchez although that period in time they may have accomplished more for real if they had a couple more pieces but the timing wasn't right and they chose to pick up has been vets. Those teams with a young QB did well because they were mature and balanced a lil here and there and who knows what would have happened. They never invested in their investment as  the Oline got older they replaced them with crap instead of continuing to build a wall in front of Sanchez. Cousins could win the SB next year who knows, I feel he is a dead end especially for teams that need 5-8 players, forget the Qb either you build a team and plug in a vet or go young and build with the youngster generally speaking.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/24/2017 at 8:53 AM, Jetster said:

What a fighter that guy has become. He has to be pissed the Skins haven't resigned him. I know you guys say there is no way he would play for the Jets but if there is even the slightest chance to sign him, the Jets need to go all out to make it happen! 

He was awesome under pressure last night & he is getting better every year. When QBs lose players & coaches around them and still get better it tells you a lot. Shanahan left, Garçon, Jackson, so new coordinator, new players and he's still performing. Last night he was playing behind a banged up Oline vs a very good defense with a boatload of pass rushers & there was no quit in him.

Cousins is a QB that is a leader. I would do everything in my power to sign him if possible. Draft Barkley, maybe a new center, you give Cousins a good running game his play action & fakes are truly professional. Want fannies in the seats at MetLife? Cousins is a SLAM DUNK. 

I've been saying if for the last 2 seasons.  If we don't 100% feel good about one of these QBs to draft and get them, go get Cousins.  Give him his 5 yr 125m contract.  He is a Franchise QB.

2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

No you don't ie. Saints, Bears, Ravens wow there is three. You wan't a balanced healthy team and wins I'm not interested in .500 Jet teams I want to eventually win the division, conf., SB. This org. hasn't even been competitive including when they backed into the playoffs with Sanchez although that period in time they may have accomplished more for real if they had a couple more pieces but the timing wasn't right and they chose to pick up has been vets. Those teams with a young QB did well because they were mature and balanced a lil here and there and who knows what would have happened. They never invested in their investment as  the Oline got older they replaced them with crap instead of continuing to build a wall in front of Sanchez. Cousins could win the SB next year who knows, I feel he is a dead end especially for teams that need 5-8 players, forget the Qb either you build a team and plug in a vet or go young and build with the youngster generally speaking.

I'll say it again, almost every team has flaws. How are the Jets not building a balanced healthy team by signing a QB who is very good?

It seems like you think if the Jets sign Cousins that they can't build a balanced team. They can. But they need a QB. That's part of a balanced team. It doesn't take 5 years to build a winner in the NFL. Teams turn things around quickly. You add a QB, build through the draft and hopefully compete. What would be wrong with that? You don't 5 top 5 draft picks in a row in order to be good. Look at the Browns.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I'll say it again, almost every team has flaws. How are the Jets not building a balanced healthy team by signing a QB who is very good?

It seems like you think if the Jets sign Cousins that they can't build a balanced team. They can. But they need a QB. That's part of a balanced team. It doesn't take 5 years to build a winner in the NFL. Teams turn things around quickly. You add a QB, build through the draft and hopefully compete. What would be wrong with that? You don't 5 top 5 draft picks in a row in order to be good. Look at the Browns.

The QB stirs the drink, until the Jets find a decent one nothing else matters..............

46 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The QB stirs the drink, until the Jets find a decent one nothing else matters..............

Damn right, 2 weeks in a row McCown made HUGE mistakes that were turning points in losses. The pick before the half vs Pats and the pick leading to the Miami FG. How good could we be if the team has confidence in the QB? 

Jets are probably going to be picking somewhere between 5 and 10. Let's say you pick a QB between 5 and 10 and he develops into someone as good as Kirk Cousins. Wouldn't you consider that a successful pick? That's gotta be worth paying for, plus you can then use the pick on something else like....

.......wait for it.....

..........keep waiting.....

.............not yet.............

ANOTHER SAFETY! BOOM!!

12 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Isn't Cousins in your scenario now. And the NFCe has been at it's weakest the entire time he has been there and they, he the QB hasn't taken advantage.

On 10/25/2017 at 10:46 PM, ScarletKnight89 said:

What? It doesn't make 5 years to build a team in the NFL. If the Jets had Kirk Cousins right now they'd would have been a team some people would have been predicting to go to the playoffs this year. He makes them instantly 10x better. This is a QB driven league.

If the Jets added Cousins and a receiver in FA and rebuilt the O-Line, you would have the makings of a really good Offense.

Playoffs, Playoffs.... PLAYOFFS!!!!

Trust me, if Cousins was on the Jets right now many folks would be saying Super Bowel baby!!!!! :) 

4 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Isn't Cousins in your scenario now. And the NFCe has been at it's weakest the entire time he has been there and they, he the QB hasn't taken advantage.

I don't understand what would be wrong with the Jets signing Cousins in the offseason? He's a really talented player whose still relatively young. He'd be a piece you can build around. You're not going anywhere in this league without a QB. 

4 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't understand what would be wrong with the Jets signing Cousins in the offseason? He's a really talented player whose still relatively young. He'd be a piece you can build around. You're not going anywhere in this league without a QB. 

Obviously a QB is important, that's a given. We will see SK89.

Archived