10/28 Saturday College Gameday Thread

Lith

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paradis said:

If both Darnold and Falk stink it up tonight, i'll have no choice but to get on this Mayfield pony show. I can't believe how far this class fallen, at least perceptually. 

Only thing that counts though is if they have fallen in NFL Scout's eyes, but as a fan, it is hard to believe that this was touted as an all time great QB class.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Only thing that counts though is if they have fallen in NFL Scout's eyes, but as a fan, it is hard to believe that this was touted as an all time great QB class.

that's what i meant by perceptually. who knows how scouts are evaluating the circumstances individually.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm going to watch that one, too, but only because I won't be able to watch Baker Mayfield.

I'm spoiled with this streaming box i have. all the games at my fingertips. It's effecting my ability to parent my children

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats right you still have high hopes for Hackenberg!!!!!!!

No...I don't?  I don't know how to honestly answer this random ass  response since my dream for Hack died the day he stepped out against the Lions.  It's all about Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield for me now.  

23 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Oh yes. Whether he deserves it or not, NFL teams are so desperate that they will look everywhere.

JT Barrett's only shot of playing in the NFL is RB or WR like Denard Robinson.

He's not an NFL QB.  There's a decent chance he doesn't even get drafted.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think it was reported that he was by Ben Albright

FWIW, Ben is a giant egotistical Douche Canoe who is wrong A LOT.  

I think Sam will stay but that jerk-off knows absolutely nothing.  Anyone making these predictions citing "sources" know nothing.  They're just seeing a guys draft stock plummet and fighting one another to be "first", should Sam do what almost everyone else thinks he's going to do.

It's late October.  No one knows what will happen right now.  Last year, around this time actually, Malik Hooker said he was "100% coming back to Ohio State".  Then he heard that he would likely be a lock as a 1st round pick, maybe even top 10, and then he realized the money he'd make and he came out.  If Sam finished the year ok and is told he'll still go top 2, there is a very good chance that he comes out.

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

JT Barrett's only shot of playing in the NFL is RB or WR like Denard Robinson.

He's not an NFL QB.  There's a decent chance he doesn't even get drafted.

Braxton Miller had a better shot of playing the position than Barrett will in the NFL. never going to happen for him at QB, agreed.

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Braxton Miller had a better shot of playing the position than Barrett will in the NFL. never going to happen for him at QB, agreed.

Yup, and for all the crazy athletic ability Braxton has, it's amounted to nothing in the NFL.  That was WITH a year under his belt as a WR in college.   Barrett is less athletic, never played WR, older, and just an all around worse prospect.

He'll make a great color commentary guy for Ohio State radio/TV.  His chances in the NFL, at any position, are slim.

Archived