10/28 Saturday College Gameday Thread

Lith

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Baker Mayfield with a really really really impressive throw.  NFL quality.  7-6 OU.

Yup.  Beautiful throw.  Hope Texas Tech keeps scoring so Mayfield has to keep throwing, but that TD from Mayfield was a thing of beauty.

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm coming around. It's virtually impossible to ignore how consistently he puts balls into NFL windows.

More impressive is how often he's done it this year, and how much he's improved in doing it every year he's developed.  

I see an electric Russell Wilson with a slightly weaker arm.  That or a very rich man's Colt McCoy, which I don't mean as an insult at all.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

More impressive is how often he's done it this year, and how much he's improved in doing it every year he's developed.  

I see an electric Russell Wilson with a slightly weaker arm.  That or a very rich man's Colt McCoy, which I don't mean as an insult at all.

I watched virtually no OKL last year, but what i'm seeing this year that i like is the accuracy and anticipation of course -- but also the poise and patience to find the play downfield. Falk's taken a step back this year in that respect. Things close around him mentally the longer he has the ball in his hand, totally opposite for Baker right now. 

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Got it. Back to trying to figure who this Falk guy is. 

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If both Darnold and Falk stink it up tonight, i'll have no choice but to get on this Mayfield pony show. I can't believe how far this class fallen, at least perceptually. 

Don't watch Falk. Fluke Falk is Matt Flynn. Watch Sam and if USC gets blown out you'll still see why he's special. He showcases extraordinary talent even when he's off. He can't help "it" because it is "it".  What he needs is to get the hell out of USC before he gets wrecked.

Luke pulled from game... yeesh. No comment.

On the otherside of the ball - when do we start talking about this Khalil Tate character? He's doing everything under the sun to put himself the Lamar Jackson heir conversation next year. Ridiculous the yardage this guy has piled up. Also, they're 4-0 with him at the helm.

16 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Welcome JT Barrett to the QB market

Heisman watch for sure, that was one of the best QB performances that I have ever seen at Ohio State, signature game for sure, historic maybe, but for NFL consideration I think he still needs to win out and repeat that performance in the next "revenge game" vs Oklahoma/Clemson and vs Bama in the Natty

If he can show continued growth and leadership similar to Watson last year then I agree he will get consideration, either way, it should be fun to watch - amazing game

Archived