Todd McShay's 2018 NFL Mock Draft 1.0???

On 12/18/2017 at 9:53 PM, Ken Shroy said:

BS, we are not doing a DE.

To be fair to McShay, Key would be a OLB in a 3-4 defense and if we, by some chance, sign Cousins (not saying this is what I want, for the record) EDGE or Center is where I would like to go (and from what I've heard, will go) and Key would be my target. 

That said, I still think we go QB and the rest of this mock is a whole lotta "eh".

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 9:58 PM, Mogglez said:

To be fair to McShay, Key would be a OLB in a 3-4 defense and if we, by some chance, sign Cousins (not saying this is what I want, for the record) EDGE or Center is where I would like to go (and from what I've heard, will go) and Key would be my target. 

That said, I still think we go QB and the rest of this mock is a whole lotta "eh".

Not having Lamar Jackson in the 1st round is a little ridiculous.

On 12/18/2017 at 9:58 PM, Mogglez said:

Mogglez, are you hearing the jets prefer to go Cousins over drafting a QB (given their draft positioning)? Or just speculation right now?

2 hours ago, Dinamite said:

Mogglez, are you hearing the jets prefer to go Cousins over drafting a QB (given their draft positioning)? Or just speculation right now?

Cousins is absolutely in play.  There is a price limit though (20-25 mil., Might be flexible if negotiations get real, too early to tell). Personally, not too in love with this, but at the right price maybe I accept it because I'm so sick of not having someone above the range of hot f*cking garbage.

A lot of teams don't expect Darnold to come out, but if he does, trade up for him or Rosen (whoever is left) is what they would ideally want to attempt.  From what I hear, we'll be aggressive.  Depends on who holds #2 overall though.

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Not having Lamar Jackson in the 1st round is a little ridiculous.

Not even sure I love the guy myself, but I agree.  One team will take a chance on him, especially if he looks good at the bowl game/combine/pro day.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Cousins is absolutely in play.  There is a price limit though (20-25 mil., Might be flexible if negotiations get real, too early to tell). Personally, not too in love with this, but at the right price maybe I accept it because I'm so sick of not having someone above the range of hot f*cking garbage.

A lot of teams don't expect Darnold to come out, but if he does, trade up for him or Rosen (whoever is left) is what they would ideally want to attempt.  From what I hear, we'll be aggressive.  Depends on who holds #2 overall though.

If they sign cousins, it would be nice to draft someone in the second round to groom behind him (Lamar Jackson?). Thanks for the info.

Archived