Love Letter Mafia Game over Scum Wins!

Kaylee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/15/2018 at 4:12 PM, The Crusher said:

We know its not JiF. One scum in 80, Nol and Lizard.   I dont think 80 is scum this game so that probably means he is. But whatevs. Leelou was nice enough to fill in and if she is scum so be it. I guess I can reread Nyn and her.

So Nolder or Lizzie. For me today.

Edit: Woops, didn't mean to hit reply yet.

On 2/15/2018 at 4:12 PM, The Crusher said:

We know its not JiF. One scum in 80, Nol and Lizard.   I dont think 80 is scum this game so that probably means he is. But whatevs. Leelou was nice enough to fill in and if she is scum so be it. I guess I can reread Nyn and her.

So Nolder or Lizzie. For me today.

^^Puts the decision down to between Nolder and Lizzie.

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

So Nolder verses Lizzie? Lizzie is so hard to read because he always does scummy stuff and doesn’t defend very well. 

^^Again pushing the decision to between Nolder and Lizzie.

9 hours ago, Nolder said:

Doing nothing is scummy. Sheeping other people's thoughts and votes is scummy. OMGUS voting is scummy. 

You haven't done these things?

^^Nolder replying to Lizzie about his case on him.

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

This is what I was talking about in above post. He has done all those things. Yet you can pretty much make that argument against him in almost every game he played. I can’t help but feel you are setting him up a bit. 

^^Crusher replying to Nolder's above post, both agreeing with Nolder's points, yet casting suspicion on Nolder for making those points.

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

You played on him a little bit. Coached him to change his vote. Albeit he chose to put the 4th on Dice on his own. An old Kivam (Doggin) move. 

Really? Everyone relies on meta every game. People at DM would go as far as reading other games. 

No. Whole game is based on degrees of scumminess. Hence the phrase “ pinging”. 

Man you really trying to control he narrative here dude. I don’t like this from you . At all. 

^^Crusher casting more suspicion on Nolder.

7 hours ago, Lizard King said:

So it's a simple question then. On the basis of scummyness, who is worse? Me or Nolder

^^Lizzie asks a simple question.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yes.

^^Crusher refuses to flat out answer.

For the most part, I've like Crusher's game. Thought he's genuinely been trying to hunt Scum this game. Up until I did my 2nd re-read, he was my strongest Town read. But, I stopped to think about that as I read back pages 10-20. From what I have seen around here lately, the scummier someone looks, the more likely they are Town, and the cleaner someone looks, the more likely they are Scum, especially in late game.

We are at LYLO and this whole Nolder and Lizzie thing seems too obvious, and I think it's nothing more than a distraction to Town. Crusher seems to be trying to egg it on without fully taking a position and is kinda just muddying the waters, almost like he knows that whoever Town lynches between the two, Scum wins.

Again, my case is based off of going the opposite direction my gut wants to go, and looking at the edges of the Town, rather than the brawl in the center.

Writing that out has convinced me enough so...

vote Crusher

20 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

^^Crusher replying to Nolder's above post, both agreeing with Nolder's points, yet casting suspicion on Nolder for making those points.

For the most part, I've like Crusher's game. Thought he's genuinely been trying to hunt Scum this game. Up until I did my 2nd re-read, he was my strongest Town read. But, I stopped to think about that as I read back pages 10-20. From what I have seen around here lately, the scummier someone looks, the more likely they are Town, and the cleaner someone looks, the more likely they are Scum, especially in late game.

We are at LYLO and this whole Nolder and Lizzie thing seems too obvious, and I think it's nothing more than a distraction to Town. Crusher seems to be trying to egg it on without fully taking a position and is kinda just muddying the waters, almost like he knows that whoever Town lynches between the two, Scum wins.

Again, my case is based off of going the opposite direction my gut wants to go, and looking at the edges of the Town, rather than the brawl in the center.

vote Crusher

Seriously? I was literally trying to slow the game down and figure it out. Why would I do that as scum ? Plus the question you said I flat out didn’t answer was answered soon after that. But nice job in the reread . 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Seriously? I was literally trying to slow the game down and figure it out. Why would I do that as scum ?

WIFOM?

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Plus the question you said I flat out didn’t answer was answered soon after that.

No, actually you never did give a straight up answer.

You have played a scummy game. You have done a couple scummy things. But I’m not sold on you as scum. More careless. 

Nolder is pushing the narrative a bit. Trying to control the story on you and I’m not sure I’m seeing what he says he sees. Felt a little of that from him and 80 on the Dice first case two. 

Agreed. Town needs to talk it up. Scum does not want to talk anymore then they have too. Two people voting the same can gain the lynch very quickly . No time for lazy votes. 

These are the only two posts of yours after that Lizzie calls you out for not answering. You do say Lizzie has been scummy, but you also throw shade on Nolder. Again, not answering the question of who is scummier between the two. Not taking a position.

When there are two players who are casing each other, and then you walk in and say the lynch is between either of them, and essentially cast suspicion on BOTH of them without taking a position, you are just throwing confusion into the mix for Town. We are at LYLO, and the more confused Town is, the more likely a Townie gets strung up. That's what Scum wants.

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

WIFOM?

No, actually you never did give a straight up answer.

These are the only two posts of yours after that Lizzie calls you out for not answering. You do say Lizzie has been scummy, but you also throw shade on Nolder. Again, not answering the question of who is scummier between the two. Not taking a position.

When there are two players who are casing each other, and then you walk in and say the lynch is between either of them, and essentially cast suspicion on BOTH of them without taking a position, you are just throwing confusion into the mix for Town. We are at LYLO, and the more confused Town is, the more likely a Townie gets strung up. That's what Scum wants.

I’m throwing confusion by reducing my scum reads down to Nolder or Lizzie? Because that’s what I did. Why do I have to come to a decision when we got three days to deadline?  I said I wasn’t voting till I heard more. Especially from Leelou. I said that too. Yet I do think it’s cute you are trying to case me. Adorable actually . 

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m throwing confusion by reducing my scum reads down to Nolder or Lizzie? Because that’s what I did. Why do I have to come to a decision when we got three days to deadline?  I said I wasn’t voting till I heard more. Especially from Leelou. I said that too. Yet I do think it’s cute you are trying to case me. Adorable actually . 

When it's LYLO and two players are going at each other's necks, and you say the lynch is between the two of them and that Player A (Nolder) has a point that player B (Lizzie) does look Scummy, but also say that Player A (Nolder) seems to be trying to controlling the narrative, then yes, that's confusing when you seem to support both of their cases. It certainly confused me, at least until I started to think outside the box.

If no one else agrees with me, then fine. I've already been majorly wrong once this game. But this is my position and I'm sticking to it.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

When it's LYLO and two players are going at each other's necks, and you say the lynch is between the two of them and that Player A (Nolder) has a point that player B (Lizzie) does look Scummy, but also say that Player A (Nolder) seems to be trying to controlling the narrative, then yes, that's confusing when you seem to support both of their cases. It certainly confused me, at least until I started to think outside the box.

If no one else agrees with me, then fine. I've already been majorly wrong once this game. But this is my position and I'm sticking to it.

I’m sorry I confused you spooty. Yes. You are wrong again . It’s cool though dude. You put in a great effort this game and made it fun. 

7 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

vote Crusher

Not a bad case tbh

I'd like to see how others react to it.

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Seriously? I was literally trying to slow the game down and figure it out. Why would I do that as scum ? Plus the question you said I flat out didn’t answer was answered soon after that. But nice job in the reread . 

Playing the long game? It's not like people don't do that here sometimes. Or they used to anyway.

Ok look we're all hot to find scum, or well, some of us are pretending to be but that's fine that's the game.

There's certainly a lot of townie on townie violence going on because we can't all be scum right?

Can we all take a step back and give a reads list?

It might help us iron things out because we're looking for 2 scum so we need to be able to say X is scum and Y is their partner.

It's LyLo and if we don't think it through it's game over.

11 hours ago, Leelou said:

Ugh. Probably Crusher/Nol

3 hours ago, Nolder said:

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE ME OVER 80 AND/OR CRUSHER?! WTF??

Voting, especially eod. I know I’m town, and JiF was town. Both of us were voting you. There have been a few posts that seem out of place from you. 

Crusher has my guts in knots, but he does have reasonable posts. But that vote tho, and the JiF doubt.

80 seems more town than scum, a couple posts had me scratching my head during my read, but once I got to eod he was back on the townie side for me.

Lizzie is a hot mess, not the right distraction for right now, more likely than not, he’s just outrageous Lizzie.  

Spoot is trying, not really hating his case on Crusher. I’d expect less from him if scum in this instance.

5 hours ago, Nolder said:

Playing the long game? It's not like people don't do that here sometimes. Or they used to anyway.

Yes. I’m scum and we need one more bad lynch and I’m playing the long game. 

You have been doing stuff like this all game. Controlling the narrative and gentle nudging. Like saying spoots case is good. It sucks bad. What little was there I totally defended solidly. 

Leelou calling my vote bad on JiF is comical. He looked really bad and was the vote period. The crap lynch on Dice is still the best thing we have. 

Your talk about town in town violence is nothing but talk. It’s 4/2 time at this point. Almost everyone is mixing it up. You are just saying things to say stuff. So if Spoot and everyone is so desperate to know who I think between you and Lizzie ? Here you go. I put enough time in. I actually played and contributed a lot this game. People want my opinion go read.

At this point I’m not sure if Im frustrated with you Nolder or think your scum . Lizzie is impossible to read because he is so scattered . Yet why he has Leelou as a lock for town is bewildering. 

I need more reading. 

On 2/9/2018 at 8:10 AM, Nolder said:

@Leeelou what do you think of Crush and Dice vs me?

On 2/9/2018 at 10:34 AM, Leelou said:

Currently indifferent. The one I don’t like is Lizzie. Not sure if he’s just grumpy from carb withdrawal or not. 

I have meetings til 2. I’ll post actual thoughts then.

On 2/9/2018 at 3:16 PM, Leelou said:

I don’t see myself lynching JiF this game. 

80 seems to be trying to solve. 

No bad feels from fat man (<3 u)

could vote in the pool of Lizzie, dice, or Spoot.

unsure on Nol. I’d want to see a dice flip before going there. 

Leelous first two post and initial stances.

Archived