Barkley worth 50 Million?

Jetster

12 hours ago, pointman said:

Leonard Fournette was supposedly a once in a generation running back too. Now Barkley is? Sorry, I can't keep up with all these once in a generation players.. at the same position... a year apart. 

They’re like super moons at this point. 

9 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

And yet i doubt teams like the cowboys and the Rams wish they passed on Elliott and Gurley because of 3rd round sensations. If the draft was done again these guys would still be 1st round picks.

The Browns fate has been what it's been BECAUSE of the amount of times they passed on special talent, so i guess it would be a genius move to do it again simply because of some 3rd round players that hit? 

It makes no sense given that the 1st round rb's also hit. The purpose isto have your top 2 rounds produce immediately. Barkley will. Also, the browns have 2 picks in the top 5...seriously, taking arguably the best/safest player in the draft when you're a team that is 1-31 the past two seasons is the right thing to do. You dont get cute because of Alvin Kamara when we all know that Brees/coaching also contributed greatly to that situation.

When your team is 1-31 you take the best player....especially when you're picking again at #4 and you're still guaranteed a shot at 1 of the top qb's. 

Not when you need a QB & you have the 4th pick, & 3 twos & 3 threes. You take who you believe is the BEST QB. If the Jets had the #1 & #4 pick and took the RB first Jet fans would lose there mind.

9 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Where did you get that number and yes he’s worth the first pick.

The Browns could sign a FA QB and draft Barkley and Nelson then a CB and OT or sign Barkley and still get a top 3 QB plus other needs, they have 97 draft picks this year. They have a history of taking the BPA first then a QB. They’ve done it 3 times in the last ten years (a few more overall) and haven’t draft a QB with their first pick since 99 (Couch) and have only draft a QB 3 times with their first pick ever so if any team were to draft a RB or anyone else when they have the first and need a QB it’s the Browns. 

This was based on the BROWNS not signing a free agent QB but still picking Barkley #1.

14 hours ago, Jetster said:

That's what a #1 overall contract would look like! Seriously, if the Brown take Barkley #1 overall, they deserve their fate! Alvin Kamara was a 3rd rounder/Hunt also. I know Sequan is special, but so was AP & he never came CLOSE to a Super Bowl.

Now if we sign Cousins & he drops to 6? YEA BABY!

all for the jets drafting him after landing cousins.  the number 1 pick is too high for a rb.  they should try to trade down if barkley is the guy they want.  and they will need a good backfield if they sign mccarron as a free agent.  is 50 m too high?  maybe but realistically that's the only top money contract he'll be getting since rb's wear down so fast.

37 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Not when you need a QB & you have the 4th pick, & 3 twos & 3 threes. You take who you believe is the BEST QB. If the Jets had the #1 & #4 pick and took the RB first Jet fans would lose there mind.

But that wasnt your argument. You stated how the Browns deserve their fate because of mid round sensations such as Kamara and Hunt. Then you doubled down by saying that AP was special but never sniffed a SB.

Well, the Rams have shown that you can get a RB in one draft and then a QB the next. 2ndly, They have two top 4 picks, with 1 of those picks being the top pick. There are 3 top QB's in this draft and if The Colts dont trade out of position 2 will be available. If the Giants decide not to draft a QB then all 3 could be there. Not to mention that Lamar Jackson will still be on the board as well. 

The 2017 QB draft class received endless hype, yet this draft class is better. Lamar Jackson could be a 2nd round pick, that's much different than a DeShone Kizer. 

Point being, the Browns are not going to miss out on a top QB in this draft class, however, passing on Barkley with the first pick it's very likely that he wont be there by pick 4. 

And the fact that the Browns have 3 twos and 3 threes this means that they can double dip at the QB position and get a guy like Falk or Lauletta for example further down in the draft, similar to what the Redskins did with RG3/Cousins....because you know, everyone knew that RG3 was a slam dunk and double dipping in the 4th for Cousins was just a waste. 

The Browns could walk away with Barkley/Mayfield, Barkley/Darnold or Barkley/Rosen  with the top 4 picks. 

Please tell me which one is a failure. 

Besides everyone correcting OP on the 50 mil #, I want to add that Kamara & Hunt also went to teams that have had success recently. When defense were scheming for playing the Chiefs & Saints they originally looking at guys like Kelce, T. Hill, Mike Thomas, Snead, Ginn Jr, Ingram. Add in the fact you have Brees & Smith as your QBs & it made for an easy transition for those 2 guys.

I'm not sure if you put either of them on the Browns they would have as much success. However, I think Barkley is an AP type talent where you can put him on the Browns & he will still make huge plays.

Archived