Trading Up Will Happen

Grandy

8 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Fair enough but that’s a lot of weight on an unproven coach. 

I’m actually pretty high on bates and I’ll tell you why- first, the jets promoted him not because morton deserved to be canned but because they saw a bright up and coming coach that they didn’t want to lose to another team. the shanahan coaching tree couldn’t be hotter right now, if you’re looking at what mcvay and kyle shanahan are doing with their teams. so if you’re the jets and you’re looking at potentially moving on from bowles in the near future, it’s a smart move to look internally and identify someone you consider a rising star and give them an opportunity to climb the ladder

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cant wait said:

I’m actually pretty high on bates and I’ll tell you why- first, the jets promoted him not because morton deserved to be canned but because they saw a bright up and coming coach that they didn’t want to lose to another team. the shanahan coaching tree couldn’t be hotter right now, if you’re looking at what mcvay and kyle shanahan are doing with their teams. so if you’re the jets and you’re looking at potentially moving on from bowles in the near future, it’s a smart move to look internally and identify someone you consider a rising star and give them an opportunity to climb the ladder

So if bates has input in the qb, which qbs fit his system the best?

On 3/16/2018 at 11:23 PM, Bugg said:

If they don't pick Rosen at 6 because of his relatively mild views, there's no point. Personally I disagree with the little he has said,  but he sounds thoughtful at least. Have to start somewhere to agree to disagree and be civil about it. 

Crowell is a POS. There's nothing at all about Rosen that is anywhere near that. 

If they pass on Rosen, it will be because of the surgery he had on his throwing shoulder, and the 2 concussions he had last year that we know of.

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

So if bates has input in the qb, which qbs fit his system the best?

I think that remains to be seen, I haven’t heard much about what they plan on doing next season other than switching to a zone blocking scheme. regardless if he’s a good coach he will hopefully adapt his system to play to the QB’s strengths and not force a round peg into a square hole like they did with shotty and sanchez

If the Browns and Giants both take QBs, would anyone consider taking Barkley at 3? I look at what Elliott has done for the Cowboys and how Fournette made Bortles a better quarterback. The Jets need playmakers, the kind that scare defenses. If they take a QB, I wouldn't argue with it, but I think Barkley and Chubb are the two best players in the draft. 

17 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

If the Browns and Giants both take QBs, would anyone consider taking Barkley at 3? I look at what Elliott has done for the Cowboys and how Fournette made Bortles a better quarterback. The Jets need playmakers, the kind that scare defenses. If they take a QB, I wouldn't argue with it, but I think Barkley and Chubb are the two best players in the draft. 

I would not. This club desperately needs a QB. there are up to 5 possible franchise qb's available. Barkley is good, but honestly, I don't think he's as good as Fournette. I wouldn't take the move we made to leverage for a HB. Not when marginally worse talent can be had at rounds 3-4

22 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

A smart gm would. A dumb one who is worried about finding ANY qb, or following what fans want.. 

Archived