Trading Up Will Happen

Grandy

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

There is only one way that happens. Whoever is left on the board, the Giants, without a doubt, believe that QB is not a franchise QB. That's it. There would be no other reason.

Eli maybe playing a year or two is not a reason you pass on Franchise QB with the #2 pick.

Barkley can be the greatest RB of all time, but a franchise QB is more valuable.

Picking multiple players is not as valuable as having a franchise QB.

True. But maybe this gm knows, surround Eli with better talent he can help them make another sb run. He is a smart gm who knows it’s not just about the qb, he believes in a strong line on both sides of the ball to he extremely important. If he thought a rookie could come in and immediately play better he could also force Eli out. Trade him for some value. But I would think he knows for next yr at least, Eli is the best option even if they would consider drafting qb at 2. 

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Yo guys, I just looked on Instagram, and most of the top Jets accounts had reports of Macc calling up teams, and angling a trade up for Rosen. Idk if it's 100% reputable, but my Jets pages never lie, and would be amazing if true.

Rosen has been Mac’s target since last year. Maybe, even played a part in not taking Mahomes / Watson ? I know I’ve read reports and certain people on this board that are “in the know,” stated Mac’s affinity for Rosen prior to the 2017 CFB season.

So, I think there is definitely something here. If Mac is trying to trade up I think its definitely for Rosen first. Which, I absolutely agree with. 

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Rosen has been Mac’s target since last year. Maybe, even played a part in not taking Mahomes / Watson ? I know I’ve read reports and certain people on this board that are “in the know,” stated Mac’s affinity for Rosen prior to the 2017 CFB season.

So, I think there is definitely something here. If Mac is trying to trade up I think its definitely for Rosen first. Which, I absolutely agree with. 

I've thought the same for a while, this could be the move that'll change our Franchise forever.

58 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Another IG Source:

A Non-Jets IG Source:

Very interesting stuff, thanks.

My first choice when the season ended was Bridgewater and Mayfield.  Got caught up in the Cousins thing mainly because I wasn't confident that Macc could handle the high pressure choices he is going to have to make in the next 5 weeks or so.

But here we are.  I sure hope Macc is the guy for the job, because the choices he makes here are going to dramatically affect the Jets for 5 or so years. 

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol. Well I know Mac and the jets would do everything in their power to suppress the rumors that leak out after. You don’t remember hearing the post draft story in 2016 mac was pretty open about ? Texans were sitting right behind the jets in 2nd round, at last min they traded up right in front of the jets. Mac said he was sweating Bullets because he believed Texans heard he was taking hackenberg, and that is why they traded right in front of them. Texans actually picked a quality center. They thought Mac was going to pick Martin, since we badly needed a center.. It’s not a rare thing for the leaks to flow after the draft. Who had bluffed Who, ect. I know you and Mac hate that it comes out after lol.

You don't know me.  From your posting style you come across as a 12-year old or just a troll.  

28 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

You don't know me.  From your posting style you come across as a 12-year old or just a troll.  

Lol. You come across as someone not very intelligent. Who clearly does not understand post draft leaks, or would want them to happen. It’s ok. You now understand I hope. We can carry on.   

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

My gut tells me if the Jets stand pat at most only Darnold and Rosen QB will be gone by the time the Jets pick at 6. 

But, my gut had royally ****ed me before.

which means we screwed up the draft once more.

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Based on pro day workouts, Senior Bowl, Mogglez inside guy and others, Rosen and Mayfield are our two favorite options..which happen to be my own two favorite options so I’m happy at the moment. I just need us to actually pull it off.

The only QB guaranteed to be gone by #6 is Darnold.  I think there will be two of the four still on the board at #6.  There could be three left, but definitely one will be left at a minimum.  I'm fine with any of them.  It's a crap shoot anyway.

Just now, Esquire said:

The only QB guaranteed to be gone by #6 is Darnold.  I think there will be two of the four still on the board at #6.  There could be three left, but definitely one will be left at a minimum.  I'm fine with any of them.  It's a crap shoot anyway.

Give me Rosen or give me death.

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Maybe played a big part in setting up to tank also. 

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I wouldn't spend much to take Mayfield or Barkley higher than 6. Rosen isn't happening. That should leave Darnold but actually leaves Allen. And Nelson if we stay put. This is not shaping up well at all.

Rosen IS HAPPENING. Speak it into existence you buncha’ negative scrubs!

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I think you had better start coming to terms with the fact that Rosen is a nonstarter for nonfootball reasons because not only are we not trading up for him we are passing at 6 if he's there.

Congratulations, this is the most idiotic statement I have ever laid eyes on, on this forum. And THAT, my friend, is one hell of an accomplishment to be quite honest.

Yes. You think Trump is gonna let the hat thing go and/or Woody is gonna risk offending him. Because that's absolutely the adult way of looking at this.

If that’s you’re reasoning on why we arent taking him....LMAOO...you are setting new precedents on ignorance.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

If that’s you’re reasoning on why we arent taking him....LMAOO...you are setting new precedents on ignorance.

You understand that I'm talking about a guy who heckles Alec Baldwin on twitter in the middle of the night, right? It's kind of funny that you really have no idea that yours is the ridiculous position here.

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

You understand that I'm talking about a guy who heckles Alec Baldwin on twitter in the middle of the night, right? It's kind of funny that you really have no idea that yours is the ridiculous position here.

I thought the same until we just signed a guy who posted an illustration on instagram of a cop getting his throat slashed.. Rosen might be in play after all

Watching Woody have to slink back into the states after he gets McCabe’d would be pretty amazing, though 

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I know one thing. I’m talking about the guy Macc has targeted since last year. I’m talking about the best QB in the draft. I’m talking about the guy Macc wants to select.

Archived