Giants trade JPP

T0mShane

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, stop with the Giants not selecting a QB at #2. All I know is #2 selection will be a QB. Bank on it. May or may not be made by the Giants. If they don’t go QB, it’s cuz they received a nice package to move down the draft. My only hope is, if our guy is gone by #2, I hope Mac trades back and recoups more than he gave up. We don’t need a leftover QB. We also don’t need Chubbs or Barkley as we’re not a ‘one-superstar away from being contender’ team. 

Trade with the Giants is a very good possibility if they are willing to. 

2 hours ago, MehlFreeman said:

Hi  everyone! Long time viewer. Couldn't read any longer without posting cause draft has me going crazy. Think giants are still drafting QB cause Eli seems at the end of his rope. Really hope we get Sam or Baker. Sorry Rosen fans but every time I look at tape on him I'm not that impressed.

Welcome aboard!

Most people (myself included) are expecting Darnold -Rosen to go 1-2

Are you also believing the Giants thinking will be the same as yours & that they are not going to choose Rosen at 2? ... or do you expect that to be the pick ... But then Giants will be regretting that decision for the next decade ?

21 minutes ago, ljr said:

Welcome aboard!

Most people (myself included) are expecting Darnold -Rosen to go 1-2

Are you also believing the Giants thinking will be the same as yours & that they are not going to choose Rosen at 2? ... or do you expect that to be the pick ... But then Giants will be regretting that decision for the next decade ?

Thanks ljr!! I definitely think Darnold goes #1. Just not sure who giants take at #2. I'm hoping it's Rosen. His mechanics look great but reminds of Cutler. Many poor decisions and underthrows ( to go with the concussions/attitude/ football desire question marks). If we did take him of course I'll be rooting for him. But rather have Allen. Mayfield is my fave though with Sam gone. Before last years draft I liked Darnold and Mayfield more than Trubisky and Watson. Still feel that way today.

Agree with those of you who say the Bills are not an ideal trading partner for the Giants who probably don’t want to drop that far.  But, I can see the Bills strategically moving up to 5 trading with Denver or moving up to 7 trading with the Buccaneers with a plan to trade up again to #2 with the Giants.  In this scenario, the Giants would be moving back to 5 or 7 which I can see them doing.  I’m thinking the Bills may have the assets to swing a scenario like this.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Fitzpatrick threw for over 30 tds and 3900 yards a few years ago.

As i said in another thread, one reason they have to have an ironclad oline is the QB has zero mobility and collapses is the rush is there. 

Why would gettleman draft a QB at 2? 

- You almost never get to 2 and have a chance to draft a franchise Qb.

- Your starter is 37 years old and near the end of the road, even if you can wring another couple years out of him.

- some of you guys seem to be forgetting just how hard it is to get that top end Qb we have been searching for for years.  We had to trade 3 2nd rounders just to get the 3rd best Qb in this draft.

- The giants are no 'close to going all the way' as i said i hope like heck he does what you guys think he is going to do.  It will be great for the Jets and very dumb for the giants long term.

I can't believe you're trying to compare 1 career year to a guy who will be a HOF. 

What you're talking about 'long term' is not a very common theme in the NFL. Why take a chance on any of these QBs, who all have issues, when you can take a blue chip prospect and compete now? 

11 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

I can't believe you're trying to compare 1 career year to a guy who will be a HOF. 

What you're talking about 'long term' is not a very common theme in the NFL. Why take a chance on any of these QBs, who all have issues, when you can take a blue chip prospect and compete now? 

So all of these QBs are ??????????????  and none of the other top 3 or 4 guys are?  We will have to vehemently disagree on this issue.  the guy people are saying is the the biggest blue chipper is also the most overrated player in the draft.  Saquon barkley.

Your feelings mirror the jets of the past, oh we don;t want to ake a chacne on a high end qb lets draft, kellen Clemens, geno smith, christian hackenburg.

As for the Fitzpaick thing, you are the one that was trying to justify manning by tossing out his recent numbers.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So all of these QBs are ??????????????  and none of the other top 3 or 4 guys are?  We will have to vehemently disagree on this issue.  the guy people are saying is the the biggest blue chipper is also the most overrated player in the draft.  Saquon barkley.

Your feelings mirror the jets of the past, oh we don;t want to ake a chacne on a high end qb lets draft, kellen Clemens, geno smith, christian hackenburg.

As for the Fitzpaick thing, you are the one that was trying to justify manning by tossing out his recent numbers.

You're not picking up on what I'm saying. The Jets are in a completely different situation than the Giants & we HAVE TO take a QB.

The Giants roster is littered w/ talent, especially at the offensive skill positions. With a guy like Manning who has already won in the past, if you are Gettleman why take a QB at 2? You fill a hole, whether that be Barkley or Nelson and you go for the superbowl the next 3 years. If you want to argue whether taking a RB w/ #2 overall is a good idea, I can somewhat agree. But it does not change the premise of my argument.

The Jets are not in a position where we have talent littered everywhere. And we do not have a QB who has won superbowls. So we have to take one of these guys. All in all the Jets plan is long term, while the Giants have the luxury to pick a blue chip player & go for a superbowl NOW

Archived