Giants trade JPP

T0mShane

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I've said for months, they can't trade Eli. He's not good and his contract is atrocious. No one wants him. This wasn't a conscious decision by the Giants. Eli was overrated when he was young, now he's just an old turn over machine.

He's basically a high priced version of mccown, tyrod, mccarron, Keenum...

The only question that's relevant to us is whether the giants are high on Davis Webb or willing to ride with Eli and try to build an elite team around him with guys like Barkley, Odell, engram, Shepard...

you really think there is no Market for Eli Manning ? I think your crazy . Eli still better than a lot of QBs in this league . I think Giants can get another 3 years out of him if they finally give him a decent Oline.

15 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

He responded with" Mac seems to have a type". F me.

That's the thing that perplexes me about all this.  Macc doesn't have a type.  Petty and Hack are nowhere similar.  Fitz and McCown, from a physical attribute stand point, are not similar.  I don't think he has a type at all.

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I guess? They had JPP and Vernon on maximum dollars and not a ton of cap space. If it is a move for Chubb, the Jets would be wise to check back in about a trade up before Denver or the Bills get there first. 

Denver ? Very possible. Bills ? Not so much. At pick #12 the Giants would lose out on any of the premium players like Nelson or Chubb.

4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Denver ? Very possible. Bills ? Not so much. At pick #12 the Giants would lose out on any of the premium players like Nelson or Chubb.

This is a point I don't think gets enough discussion.  Any team trading with the Bills would have to be in complete tear down/rebuild mode because they are passing on premium(and relatively safe) players simply for the sake of quanity.  

Premium players are had to pass up.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is a point I don't think gets enough discussion.  Any team trading with the Bills would have to be in complete tear down/rebuild mode because they are passing on premium(and relatively safe) players simply for the sake of quanity.  

Premium players are had to pass up.

The only premium player they’d lose out on in a 2 to 12 trade down is at QB. Is Chubb a significantly better prospect than Landry? Is drafting Nelson at 2 worth passing up #22 and two additional second rounders? 

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:
Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter

Both @LRiddickESPN and @Realrclark25 said on SportsCenter that Bradley Chubb is a better football player than last year's No. 1 pick, Myles Garrett.

Lmaoo nah . Myles had elite Athleticism. I still think Chubb is gonna be a star tho .. 

Hell if I was the browns I would be a little annoyed  . Having a chance to pair Chubb and Garrett would have been Crazy . 

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's the thing that perplexes me about all this.  Macc doesn't have a type.  Petty and Hack are nowhere similar.  Fitz and McCown, from a physical attribute stand point, are not similar.  I don't think he has a type at all.

Petty 6'3 230  Hack 6'4 230. I guess they see that and say he has a type? 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The only premium player they’d lose out on in a 2 to 12 trade down is at QB. Is Chubb a significantly better prospect than Landry? Is drafting Nelson at 2 worth passing up #22 and two additional second rounders? 

Yes.  I believe so.  There is a lot of talk surfacing right now that Chubb is considered a better prospect than Garrett last year.

I have no idea which way it will go, but I think people undersell how far a drop 2-12 is, regardless of what else you get.

Just my 2 cents.

They guys that fits a desperate need for the Giants is Nelson.  But similarly to Chubb, they don't need to take him at 2.  But he also won't be there at 12.  Trade down w/ CLE or DEN seem to work but I don't see why either team would pay a lot to move up unless CLE wanted Barkley and thought the Giants would take him.  
Still...if they want Nelson, I don't see them taking a QB instead of him at 2 just because of positional value.  You can choose a DE over an OG there, but you don't draft a QB unless you REALLY want a QB.

I’ve heard that they don’t think Nelson is worth the 2nd pick. Cleveland has to take a QB because we are sitting at 3. Giants don’t have an immediate need at QB, much more at RB, Stewart is older - could be a great mentor, also imo, and many agree, Barkley looks better than Ezekiel Elliot coming out of college and look what he has done for the cowboys. I feel like Barkley is a once in a generation talent, very hard to pass up, something they’d end up regretting.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Petty 6'3 230  Hack 6'4 230. I guess they see that and say he has a type? 

I don't know.  Maybe?  Size I guess isn't a type to me.  The vast majority of QBs are that general size.  I just think people just notice the Hackenburg pick and notice Allen has similar accuracy issues and make the connection that Macc loved the rifle armed QB, when Hack is really the only one that fits that description, and Macc has had Petty, Bridgewater and Fitz who are all average arm stregth.

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yes.  I believe so.  There is a lot of talk surfacing right now that Chubb is considered a better prospect than Garrett last year.

I have no idea which way it will go, but I think people undersell how far a drop 2-12 is, regardless of what else you get.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree that a drop from two to twelve is a lot, but when it’s a drop from two to 12 and 22 and 55 and 56, then it’s a different deal altogether. 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Which is why they were very clear to say football player. Agreed, the athleticism isn't even close. Players like Chubb tend not to go in the Top 8. But the Colts at 6 makes a lot of sense. 

Giants want him. Can get him at 4. Cleveland takes Barkley at 1 and trades from 4 to 2 to get QB?

Seems far fetched 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Which is why they were very clear to say football player. Agreed, the athleticism isn't even close. Players like Chubb tend not to go in the Top 8. But the Colts at 6 makes a lot of sense. 

A lot of the stuff they say about Garrett they said about Clowney, too, and Clowney might be the second best defensive player in the league now

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Just my 2 cents.

I think you're not looking at the semantics close enough, a lot of the talk between the two is, that Chubb is the better, more complete "football player"....better NFL prospect, not sure. I'd personally prefer Chubb over Garrett fwiw but the NFL usually places a huge emphasis on paper numbers in the top 1-6,7,8,9 picks.

People over think this.

CLEV: Darnold

NYG: QB or Trade out. Those are really the two likliest options. New Regime takes their QB or amasses picks (Hello Buff). I get that Chubb is the best pass rusher available but Ive heard no one say he's the next Von Miller or Clowney. 

If I were a new GMEN and didnt love the QBs, I would take the boatload of picks. 

13 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lmaoo nah . Myles had elite Athleticism. I still think Chubb is gonna be a star tho .. 

Hell if I was the browns I would be a little annoyed  . Having a chance to pair Chubb and Garrett would have been Crazy . 

Garrett didnt run the short shuttle or the 3 cone so its tough to say. Chubb's jumps and 40 were all very good.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A lot of the stuff they say about Garrett they said about Clowney, too, and Clowney might be the second best defensive player in the league now

And those two players, as prospects, had much better athletic/paper numbers than Chubb. I love Chubb btw, I'm just looking at it from the NFL team perspective based on most common history. 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think you're not looking at the semantics close enough, a lot of the talk between the two is, that Chubb is the better, more complete "football player"....better NFL prospect, not sure. I'd personally prefer Chubb over Garrett fwiw but the NFL usually places a huge emphasis on paper numbers in the top 6,7,8,9 picks.

I'm not looking at anything.  Im just making a general point.  

17 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

you really think there is no Market for Eli Manning ? I think your crazy . Eli still better than a lot of QBs in this league . I think Giants can get another 3 years out of him if they finally give him a decent Oline.

Are there teams that would take him? I guess. Are there teams that would give up a 2nd/3rd/4th round type pick to pay Eli Manning 22 million this year and 23 million next year? No, well at least no well run team. He's just a name at this point. No better than the likes of keenum/bradford. The man hasn't won a playoff game since 2011. And now he is 37 coming off a year in which he was awful without Odell. 

He makes more sense for the Giants at this point since he is a "legend" and can hold down the fort until Webb/Rookie is ready to go. Maybe even make a playoff run if they get Barkley and the line improves. 

Archived