Giants trade JPP

T0mShane

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If they want more draft picks in favor of guys not a part of the future, then the move is to trade Eli, not the #2 overall pick they're going to use on team's next QB through the 2031 season.

They wont trade Eli.  Although he is declining I don't think they want to take another PR hit.  HE can groom the next guy if they select a QB.  If not then Webb will continue to learn from him.

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If they want more draft picks in favor of guys not a part of the future, then the move is to trade Eli, not the #2 overall pick they're going to use on team's next QB through the 2031 season.

What’s the cap hit on this for the team that gets him? Isn’t it like $17 mil? Asking for a friend cough Jaguars 

1 minute ago, jpoppy717 said:

Don't think this means they take Chubb.

To me means more likely they take QB, as indicates they are not all about win now, trading good player for picks.

I think if the Giants want anyone but a QB they'll do a swap with the Jets and the Jets would do it. If no swap happens, it's a QB. Zero reason to stay at 2 if you're taking Chubb, Barkley or Nelson.

13 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Denver is the play here...and they're gonna steal Baker from us.

Charlie Weiss was on NFL Network radio this morning and has an interesting theory on why the Jets traded up.....to get Mayfield.  His thought was that the Jets were comfortable moving up to 3 because they know the Browns won't take Mayfield {(1) they seem to love Darnold and (2) they can't risk Mayfield turning into Johnny Football v. 2.0} and because the Jets know the Giants won't take Mayfield because he doesn't fit the conservative Giants M.O.

Hence, moving up to three because they know Baker will still be there.

Baker aka doug flutie 2.0 at 3 is an insane thought. Can we stop.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Got very nervous when I saw the headline "giants trade....." 

As far as Jets fans worried about the Bills trading up, FWIW all reports are that Bills are in love with Allen, and if Browns love for Darnold is true...Bills trade might just end up saving the Jets from themselves

They guys that fits a desperate need for the Giants is Nelson.  But similarly to Chubb, they don't need to take him at 2.  But he also won't be there at 12.  Trade down w/ CLE or DEN seem to work but I don't see why either team would pay a lot to move up unless CLE wanted Barkley and thought the Giants would take him.  

Still...if they want Nelson, I don't see them taking a QB instead of him at 2 just because of positional value.  You can choose a DE over an OG there, but you don't draft a QB unless you REALLY want a QB.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I've said for months, they can't trade Eli. He's not good and his contract is atrocious. No one wants him. This wasn't a conscious decision by the Giants. Eli was overrated when he was young, now he's just an old turn over machine.

He's basically a high priced version of mccown, tyrod, mccarron, Keenum...

The only question that's relevant to us is whether the giants are high on Davis Webb or willing to ride with Eli and try to build an elite team around him with guys like Barkley, Odell, engram, Shepard...

Archived