The Wizard of Oz, A Wizard's Nightmare...GAME THREAD

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Reading Lizard is like trying to read tea leaves somebody shoved up your ass. Yet, he does get kinda aggressive and emotional when he is town and wants a certain out outcome and doesn’t get if

Yes like he is with Smash now 

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

I'll respond to this in detail when I'm on PC.

For now, what the hell was so hard that you couldn't either do this before or even summarize when I questioned your vote?

Multi quote from phone sucks 

3 minutes ago, Kaylee said:

Thanks! 

Could have a grateful dead, or chamboard, banana rum, and sprite. (Made that one up)

Actually, I have a better recipe for you - it's a Long Island Iced Tea with Chambord. 

Bars just cut back on the ingredients to save money - I'm sure you will enjoy the original recipe.

1 hour ago, D P R said:

I'm still a couple of pages behind, but I see the vote is stalled. 

What if we all just focus on our next best guess for scum? 

We can leave these two on the field - they're not going anywhere - and sooner or later, scum will lead us to teammates.

I've been kicking that around in my head.. with a dead doc (bodygaurd), it could keep the cop alive..

the thing i don't like is that it gives scum the power

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

I was tired with only a few hours sleep at this point and out the door minutes after making that post. I had not time or motivation just then.

dude, you ok.. i don't remember you being so whiny

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

He's being annoying. Plus i wasnt caught up.

Agreed

I think you might be confusing lack of experience and cluelessness with scummyness.

It seems to me like he doesnt know how to work a PR or what to do irt a countering situation. That's my impression. He's too new. And as a cornered scum he could have claimed another pr.... i dont see him orchestrating all of this to go out with a bang. Too green.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong cause i only played with him once.... but that's what I'm getting from it. He feels lost, not shady.

this

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I've been kicking that around in my head.. with a dead doc (bodygaurd), it could keep the cop alive..

the thing i don't like is that it gives scum the power

What power? 

40 minutes ago, HessStation said:

...unfortunately the old man was never able to master his new powers fast enough…and was  caught with his pants down behind the curtain…

giphy.gif?resize=500,330&ssl=1

I can not even repeat out loud what was done to him. Our poor old friend would never return home.   

Stark aka The Wizard, aka Town Cop is dead.

th?id=OIP.O2rdrQa5JGYtVSWE75R-ZgHaFg&pid

eh, thats what my gut said.. Not sure why you guys are rushing to end well before deadline..

oh well..

fos Nolder again for putting at L-1

Think Nyn and Smash look good here, Dpr atleast had a reason, nolder not so much.

Greatest cum hunter tracker 0 for 2 (with 2 power roles) on day 1 reads. Lets see if Smash gets him to 0-3

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Of choice, they can off the cop when they want. I hadn't realized we had lynched already and was catching up

Is that really a power? The Town doesn't lose anything after making that choice. 

1 hour ago, D P R said:

Sorry man, but I just don't see it.

Catching scum on D1 when the Doc is still alive is a no brainer - gives the Town a huge advantage. Kinda the point of the game. 

If you had baited Lizzie into conversation, heckled him for reads and forced him to talk I'd say you had a point. If you had tried to run up his train to force the other Mafia members to jump into action, I'd buy your explanation.

But you just kind of farted around and stayed in your comfort zones with the players you know. 

Then, today, you were very resistant to give up that read - for no reason. Common sense tells you that Mafia already know who's innocent, so no real risk involved compared to the 2nd day you had an opportunity to out scum.

You're entire focus has been on the preservation of yourself - it's never been on what's best for the Town. 

So I'm fine to see you swing. 

Exactly 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

You don't think letting scum decide when to unravel the mystery

Nope. 

They don't get any extra power.

They do suffer because everybody is scrutinizing every move regarding the two players and anyone who even goes so far as to state an opinion is going to be judged instantly. 

It basically nullifies both claimed players and anyone's ability to interact with them while the Town sits back and milks the results each morning. 

As soon as the real cop is killed, the Mafia lose their player in return and then the game watches to see who acts differently than they did while waiting on the stalemate. It's a pro-town situation as long as folks don't muck it up. 

1 minute ago, Kaylee said:

A fantastic drink. Has a bunch of different alcohol in them. 

He's just kidding. He remembers all the way back when they made t-shirts with bears on them, lol.

• Upvote 1

I would have voted Stark..  was poorly played.

Once 1 scum was down there really wasn't a need to continue hiding.  Start the day countering Lizzie..  2 quick scum down..  a worthy sacrifice.  Plus you don't know if there was a Doc around.  Considering there was a Tracker and Cop it's easy to imagine there's a bodyguard and a doc...  I won't kill him too much though...  4th game and a lot of roles it's difficult to figure out the best way to play. 

Curious to see if Ape protected scum Lizzy while they shot him.  that would be fitting.

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

I would have voted Stark..  was poorly played.

Once 1 scum was down there really wasn't a need to continue hiding.  Start the day countering Lizzie..  2 quick scum down..  a worthy sacrifice.  Plus you don't know if there was a Doc around.  Considering there was a Tracker and Cop it's easy to imagine there's a bodyguard and a doc...  I won't kill him too much though...  4th game and a lot of roles it's difficult to figure out the best way to play. 

Curious to see if Ape protected scum Lizzy while they shot him.  that would be fitting.

if Ape did protect him it would have been the right choice since at the time there was no counter ... missing on one protect would not have been the end of the world

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

I know you’ll never believe this, but my PM says I’m the cop. 

You are a Buffoon there is no way in holy hell you are living tomorrow all those insults make sense now you were in total survival mode and had no freaking clue how to counter what I was saying. I guess in the end you outed our ******* cop so....

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Stupidity reigns  supreme 

sometimes you just need to look past what someone is saying and do what the game mechanics say you should do. Its real easy to go into a tirade and not make much sense when people don't believe you. I used to do that but I've calmed down the last few games and it helps me think clearer.

In this case we had to step back and ask why would scum counter claim on day 2 ? Would have been dreadfully dumb play yet most thought thats what Stark did and hes by no means a dumb player.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

sometimes you just need to look past what someone is saying and do what the game mechanics say you should do. Its real easy to go into a tirade and not make much sense when people don't believe you. I used to do that but I've calmed down the last few games and it helps me think clearer.

In this case we had to step back and ask why would scum counter claim on day 2 ? Would have been dreadfully dumb play yet most thought thats what Stark did and hes by no means a dumb player.

Scummouth

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

We actually need to step back further and ask why he didn't call scum out D1. And that was dumb.