LOST (Merged 13X)

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LONG.....

But freakin unreal,, best theory yet,, it all makes sense,,all of it...

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic2.php?t=15038

That's pretty deep man. Somewhat believable though.

There are still so many questions to be answered.

What was the "injection" medicationf or?

Why did that foot on the statue only have 3 toes.

Dude, that was one of the best episodes I've seen in awhile. And yes, Nikki was f#cking hot. I was happy to see Shannon back too. The wife and I started watching the episode and had to actually hit info to make sure we were watching the right show with that crazy a$$ opening scene. :lol:

In one of the sequences last nite it showed Ben telling the chick 'we have to get jack and so and so here',, she says 'how do you propose this',,

ben answers 'using walt, like always'

hmm, something afoot and it has to do with ESP I can guarantee it,,

walt will be reappearing in the next episode or two..

I just realized something: John Locke was a 17th century philosopher. His philosophies greatly influenced an 18th century philosopher named Rousseau.

Coincidence? I think not.

From the wikipedia entry on lost.

Philosophy

By admission of the show's writing staff, some characters on Lost reference famous philosophers through their names and connection to each other.[6] The two clearest examples, John Locke and Danielle Rousseau, are both named after social contract philosophers who dealt with the relationship between nature and civilization.

The character Locke shares his name with English philosopher John Locke, who believed that in a natural state, all men had equal rights to punish transgressors; to ensure fair judgment for all, governments were formed to better administer the laws. He contended that humans are born with a "blank slate", a tabula rasa, without any innate knowledge or experience, and their identity is therefore a product of their decisions and choices in life. Locke believed that the state should be guided by a natural law.

Danielle Rousseau shares her surname with Swiss philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau, who argued that man is born ignorant and amoral but with the inherent capacity to be virtuous. He maintained that the individual is corrupted by his interactions with a larger society. His concept of the noble savage hypothesised that a child raised in the wilderness, independent of human society and culture, would behave according to a fully internalized code of universal ethics. Rousseau stated that "man is born free, but everywhere, he is in chains," and coined the phrase "all men are created equal."

Introduced in the second season is the character Desmond David Hume, named after David Hume, the Scottish philosopher who was influenced by John Locke. Hume was known for his skepticism, as well as his criticism of induction. Hume pointed out that there is no logical necessity to believe that something should happen in the future based on one's experiences in the past. He argued that a miracle, by virtue of its definition, could not exist. He posited that an occurrence in violation of the laws of nature does not constitute an act of divinity because however unlikely that occurrence is, the simple fact that it has happened necessitates the possibility of it happening; thereby precluding the existence of miracles. He also holds that without perfect knowledge of the laws of nature, what might seem to be miraculous may in fact be perfectly reasonable and explainable.

Other examples include third season's Juliet Burke's husband, named Edmund Burke for the conservative political thinker and aesthetic philosopher; and "eye-patch man" named for Mikhail Bakunin, one of the fathers of modern anarchism.

The show also references Eastern philosophies. The DHARMA Initiative uses an acronym which refers to Dharma, the "way of higher truths" in religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism. The symbol used by the Initiative is called a bagua, a wheel of balance often used in feng shui.

Dude, that was one of the best episodes I've seen in awhile. And yes, Nikki was f#cking hot. I was happy to see Shannon back too. The wife and I started watching the episode and had to actually hit info to make sure we were watching the right show with that crazy a$$ opening scene. :lol:

If you haven't done so already I would highly recommend that you read this blokes play by play every Thursday afternoon:

http://www.tmz.com/2007/03/29/lost-diary-expose/#continuedcontents

I discovered it about a month ago and its not only funny but he always points out something that I missed.

I just realized something: John Locke was a 17th century philosopher. His philosophies greatly influenced an 18th century philosopher named Rousseau.

Coincidence? I think not.

Ya, thats been mentioned since the 1st show years ago ;)

By the way, The US landed a man on the moon

ok i finally am up to date on this show...

where is rose and her husband?

juliet is hot if you like that tall leggy blond beautiful type :rolleyes::lol:

All I know is Juliet and kate should make out next week. THAT would be hot.

How will Claire being you know who's sister play out?

If you haven't done so already I would highly recommend that you read this blokes play by play every Thursday afternoon:

http://www.tmz.com/2007/03/29/lost-diary-expose/#continuedcontents

I discovered it about a month ago and its not only funny but he always points out something that I missed.

One interesting thing to note in that Nikki and Paolo episode was remember when Locke said to Paolo, "Things don't stay buried on the beach." Guess where they got buried? It might not be the last time we see those two.

do we think juliet is "playing" jack...and thaat she is still an "other" ..

do you think kate will ever make the connection that sawyer is cassidy's man

and where is rose??????

:D

the writers havent decided yet,,, sad but true for this writing team

do we think juliet is "playing" jack...and thaat she is still an "other" ..

do you think kate will ever make the connection that sawyer is cassidy's man

:D

I think in the last few episodes of the show they'll tie up loose ends like that. Also including letting Jack and Claire know that they're half-siblings.

I read one theory somewhere that says time travel might be involved. That baby Aaron might actually be Ben. Remember when Ben was talking to Locke in the kitchen and explained that he was the only one actually born on the island.

What's interesting is this...If no one has given birth to a child on the island other than Claire, then how was Ben born on the island? I think this whole thing about him possibly being Aaron might have some teeth to it.

Archived