LOST (Merged 13X)

The Gun Of Bavaria

Well, yesterday was the first new episode back. Thought it was pretty good. A few observations:

-They introduced the name of a third philsopher onto the show. Edmund Burke, who was Juliet's husband. Edmund Burke is the name of a famous 18th century British philosopher, who along with John Locke and Rousseau (all names of people on the island), were advocates of democracy and freedom against tyrannical government. Wonder if its just coincidence or if there's a meaning behind it.

-'Tom' made a reference as to why they couldn't leave the island saying something to the effect of "well, when the sky turned purple"

-Juliet's abilities in fertility apparently has something to do with the dharma initiative and their goals. Maybe Ben is trying to create Hitler Youth? WHo knows?

Good episode. One of the guys from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" played the guard during the episode.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Better episode, but I don't believe a woman like Juliet could easily kill a guy in cold blood.

Actually I think that was one of the points of the episode. The island turned a timid woman like Juliet into a strong determined leader. She was going to have Ben killed to try and get off the island so why would she have a problem killing that a-hole Danny, she knew there was no way Danny would let Sawyer leave alive.

Did anyone else get a little creeped out that bus hit her husband? Then when she questioned them about it, how freaked out she was.

• 2 weeks later...

****PSA Probable Spoilers****

(i.e. crap from the show last night.)

Interesting show last night.

Random thoughts.

With apparently one more season or two to go before the 'secret' of the island is out, I am leaning towards Benjamin being some rich guy, or son of a rich guy, that is disenfranchised with the real world. Sort of like, that M Night Shamalan film from a few years back.

The kid that Sawyer and Kate rescued did not know what Brady Bunch was. His girl freind Alex is obviously the child of Benjamin and Russo and is a little older then 16 years old. In other words, they have been there along time. 30 years?

Then you get into the time travel from last week and how the flight factors into it? Desmond's GF was looking for him when that artic station registered the button not being pushed and the eventual explosin. I would think this suggests she is aware of the island which she should not be because he is racing around the world. Does that mean Desmond somehow made another trip back, a la Ground Hig day to pass a message to her? Or that lady that clued him in on his destiny is set, passed a message on to him to try and unscrew something.

Favorties the Skeltons in season 1:

Jack and Juliet? My favorite.

Sawyer and Kate?

Desmond and His Love?

Jun and Sun?

Doubt it is Charlie and Claire with him on a death watch.

The original storyline has went off on so many tangents I don't know what to think anymore.

So many unanswered questions (Remember the 3 toes statue foot)?

The only thing this show is missing is Fonzy jumping a shark tank. It's getting close.

This season has become the Jack show, with occasional guest appearances by the rest of the cast.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't watch the show but you don't often see 3 people enjoying ping pong. will it be 2 against 1? I hope the prevailing winds die down in time for the match. i'm glad its gonna answer a lot of questions for ya & I'll gladly pm you the phone # of my therapist if they don't all get answered tonight. ;)

I don't watch the show but you don't often see 3 people enjoying ping pong. will it be 2 against 1? I hope the prevailing winds die down in time for the match. i'm glad its gonna answer a lot of questions for ya & I'll gladly pm you the phone # of my therapist if they don't all get answered tonight. ;)

I would say that since Sawyer and Charlie combined only equal about half of Hurley that it will be Sawyer and Charlie vs. Hurley.

I would say that since Sawyer and Charlie combined only equal about half of Hurley that it will be Sawyer and Charlie vs. Hurley.

not sure I agree here alk. remember there playin on the beach. sand can slow a big guy down in a hurry especially if it remains windy.

No doubt we'll see a flash back to when Sawyer was Ping Pong champion of the south only to choke away his shot at Olympic gold,turning him into the dark tortured character we've all come to love.

PS-Comic book writer Jeph Loeb is to blame for the last episode.

When asked what elements he added to Lost during his time with the series, Loeb said that, due to an agreement he made, he couldn

• 2 weeks later...
Has this show jumped the shark?? Anyone watch last night's episiode

I tried watching the 1st couple episodes the 1st year it came out but it just didn't do it for me. Maybe it's too deep for my simple mind but I just didn't enjoy it.

I tried watching the 1st couple episodes the 1st year it came out but it just didn't do it for me. Maybe it's too deep for my simple mind but I just didn't enjoy it.

Well you'd go crazy now. The original storyline has so many tangents that I don't even thinkt he writers know where the hell it is going.

Well you'd go crazy now. The original storyline has so many tangents that I don't even thinkt he writers know where the hell it is going.

hahahahahahahahahaha

thats too funny cause thats exactly what I thought when i watched it. I told my wife they gotta be makin this up as they go along.

i'm sure its great for those who follow it but I watch tv to unwind & relax

Spoiler Alert:

The Others will turn out to be ancestors of 'unfriendly' extraterrestials that inhabited earth long ago. They didnt know at first they were 'special' , but were told when coming to island and passing tests.

Some have much higher DNA %'s higher than others, which is why Clares baby is so important. Jacks family and Suns/Gins family is high on DNA chain supposedly.

Suns baby will be a girl and the Aaron and Suns kid will be the new order.

They kill off those who either arent 'special' enough or pose a threat to plan.

Plan is too hone their 'skills' and repopulate back into society with a purpose. They too are being ordered around by the Mother Planet, so some of them are not happy either.

One of the castaways is aware of plot and is undercover for a 'friendly' extra terrestial group that has earths interest at heart.

I hear this from a buddy of mine that knows the guy who owns the HotDog truck they use for lunch on set:

Spoiler Alert:

The Others will turn out to be ancestors of 'unfriendly' extraterrestials that inhabited earth long ago. They didnt know at first they were 'special' , but were told when coming to island and passing tests.

Some have much higher DNA %'s higher than others, which is why Clares baby is so important. Jacks family and Suns/Gins family is high on DNA chain supposedly.

Plan is too hone their 'skills' and repopulate back into society with a purpose. They too are being ordered around by the Mother Planet, so some of them are not happy either.

One of the castaways is aware of plot and is undercover for a 'friendly' extra terrestial group that has earths interest at heart.

I hear this from a buddy of mine that knows the guy who owns the HotDog truck they use for lunch on set:

Hmm...I was laughing at the hot dog cart comment for a second, but u know what that makes a TON of sense. That's the best thing I've heard in a while.

Spoiler Alert:

The scary thing is this makes alot of sense.

Pretty decent episode last night. People are going to start hating Jack's character if they're putting him in the direction of selling out to the Others.

According to Wikipedia, Hurley is goin to start asserting more leadership control over the rest of the castaways and possibly threaten to have Sawyer banished.

Pretty decent episode last night. People are going to start hating Jack's character if they're putting him in the direction of selling out to the Others.

According to Wikipedia, Hurley is goin to start asserting more leadership control over the rest of the castaways and possibly threaten to have Sawyer banished.

What's Hurly going to do? Eat people if they don't comply?

Hurley needs to die, along with Charrrrrrrrrlie.

jack told kate he made a deal to save her and sawyer,,if any , he solidified his altruistic standing.

Archived