LOST (Merged 13X)

The Gun Of Bavaria

That's a great guess. If they're going to reintroduce him back into the show, that's the way to do it.

but why would ben be afraid of michael? ben let michael and walt go.. you would think that michael was coming back to help out the other survivors?

i had heard that michael was going to be reintroduced also. so who knows.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has to be Michael. What about the polar bear in Tunisia? Time travel anyone? Those remains had no signs of flesh and/or fur and looked to be buried. I couldn't see the date on the newspaper. HDtv anyone?

I have not seen any episodes, but I am watching Season 3 again.

Remember, Desmond has traveled back in time. Whether it is common in all his travels, he slowly becomes self aware of it.

In one of the first few episodes in Season 3, he goes back and sees Penny at the point in his life where he went from being a drifter to joining the military and then doing the race.

In that episode, he runs into a woman that gives him some hindsight on saving people from his visions and she says his path is to do the race and goto the island. "The only great thing you will do in your life is to push that button."

He then breaks up with Penny and starts back down that path of his life. In the episode he wakes up naked in th ejungle where Season 3 begins.

Quite an interesting theory on the island here:

http://mirrormattermoon.blogspot.com/

Wow.

My head hurts.

I was reading up on Sreason 4 and discovered something for the Good vs. Evil believers.

The guy that visted Hurley in the Flash Forward is Michael Abaddon.

Abaddon (Hebrew אבדון Avaddon, meaning "destruction"). In Biblical poetry (Job 26:6; Proverbs 15:11), it comes to mean "place of destruction", or the realm of the dead, and is associated with Sheol. Abaddon is also one of the compartments of Gehenna.[1] By extension, it can mean an underworld abode of lost souls, or hell.

In Revelation 9:11, it is personified as Abaddon, "Angel of the Abyss",[1] rendered in Greek as Apollyon; and he is described as king of the locusts which rose at the sounding of the fifth trumpet. In like manner, in Rev. vi. 8, Hades is personified following after death to conquer the fourth part of the earth.

Abaddon is one of the infernal names used in LaVeyan Satanism, and is first in the list

Wow.

My head hurts.

I was reading up on Sreason 4 and discovered something for the Good vs. Evil believers.

The guy that visted Hurley in the Flash Forward is Michael Abaddon.

Abaddon (Hebrew אבדון Avaddon, meaning "destruction"). In Biblical poetry (Job 26:6; Proverbs 15:11), it comes to mean "place of destruction", or the realm of the dead, and is associated with Sheol. Abaddon is also one of the compartments of Gehenna.[1] By extension, it can mean an underworld abode of lost souls, or hell.

In Revelation 9:11, it is personified as Abaddon, "Angel of the Abyss",[1] rendered in Greek as Apollyon; and he is described as king of the locusts which rose at the sounding of the fifth trumpet. In like manner, in Rev. vi. 8, Hades is personified following after death to conquer the fourth part of the earth.

Abaddon is one of the infernal names used in LaVeyan Satanism, and is first in the list—only as it comes first alphabetically—and means "the destroyer."

I read that article put up about mirror moons, but I think there are two many references to biblical characters, greek mythology and other things for this to just be about alternate universes. If at the end of this, we find out this is just one giant Twilight Zone episode, it'll be a huge letdown.

Very interesting about Abbadon's character"The Destroyer", definitely keeps in tone with the episode title "The Beginning of the End".

What I'd like to know is where Abbadon planned on bringing Hurley, especially since you find out later he's organized this team with Naomi to helm it.

Some more ideas to chew on of the other characters

Miles Straume (The "Ghostbuster")

* The name 'Miles Straume' is a play on the word "maelstrom", which means a powerful whirlpool or a swirling mass of water.

* The name is also an anagram for "mutes realism".

"Miles" is a main character in Henry James's "The Turn of the Screw," perhaps the most famous ghost story in American literature. He's a ten year-old boy whose governess becomes obsessed with the idea that he and his younger sister are going to be (or have already been) corrupted by the ghosts of their deceased former governess and her lover.

"The Turn of the Screw" fits the genre of "the fantastic", in which the reader/viewer must determine whether the ambiguous evidence presented in the story is truly supernatural, or only exists in the mind(s) of the character(s), whose point of view is therefore not reliable. "Lost" could at this point (beginning of Season 4) be considered in the genre of the fantastic.

Daniel Faraday

Michael Faraday (September 22, 1791

I read that article put up about mirror moons, but I think there are two many references to biblical characters, greek mythology and other things for this to just be about alternate universes. If at the end of this, we find out this is just one giant Twilight Zone episode, it'll be a huge letdown.

Very interesting about Abbadon's character"The Destroyer", definitely keeps in tone with the episode title "The Beginning of the End".

What I'd like to know is where Abbadon planned on bringing Hurley, especially since you find out later he's organized this team with Naomi to helm it.

Yes, that would suck.

In the end, I still think it is a Good vs Evil struggle. Maybe, not totally in a biblical sense, but something along those lines.

Where most of the characters are merely tools of both sides fighting to enact their desired outcome.

I think the end result will be a couple becoming that fossilized couple from the first few episodes.

Yes, that would suck.

In the end, I still think it is a Good vs Evil struggle. Maybe, not totally in a biblical sense, but something along those lines.

Where most of the characters are merely tools of both sides fighting to enact their desired outcome.

I think the end result will be a couple becoming that fossilized couple from the first few episodes.

I had assumed those two bodies belonged to Paolo and Nikki.

Great, great episode. Made it seem that Sayid's job is now to protect those still on the island which suggests the island is still secret and that provides many scenarios as to how this plays out. Thought I heard my daughter's name, Ailsa, mentioned. Mind you, pretty much everyone in the US pronounces Ailsa as Elsa. The number of questions this show is starting to throw up each week is a little worrying, but damn this show is very strong right now.

Great, great episode. Made it seem that Sayid's job is now to protect those still on the island which suggests the island is still secret and that provides many scenarios as to how this plays out. Thought I heard my daughter's name, Ailsa, mentioned. Mind you, pretty much everyone in the US pronounces Ailsa as Elsa. The number of questions this show is starting to throw up each week is a little worrying, but damn this show is very strong right now.

**Dont read if you havent watched yet**

Indeed, a great show for sure. We now know that Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, and Ben are 5 of the 6. Not completely sure who the 6th is...maybe Desmond?(He is going back with Sayid after all) Sawyer has been the popular guess, but that just seems too obvious...and I just get the feeling they will throw one more surprise out there as to the 6 getting off the island.

Im also a bit perplexed now about who was in the casket from the last episode of last season. I thought it could have been Ben, since no one showed up and only Jack noticed it, but obviously it isn't him now. Something makes me want to say Hurley, as there could be a chance he goes insane, but who knows at this point.

Cant wait til next week. I hate that this season is cut to 8 episodes, but at least the strike is over, so it shouldnt kill the show by any means.

Indeed, a great show for sure. We now know that Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, and Ben are 5 of the 6. Not completely sure who the 6th is...maybe Desmond?(He is going back with Sayid after all) Sawyer has been the popular guess, but that just seems too obvious...and I just get the feeling they will throw one more surprise out there as to the 6 getting off the island.

Im also a bit perplexed now about who was in the casket from the last episode of last season. I thought it could have been Ben, since no one showed up and only Jack noticed it, but obviously it isn't him now. Something makes me want to say Hurley, as there could be a chance he goes insane, but who knows at this point.

Cant wait til next week. I hate that this season is cut to 8 episodes, but at least the strike is over, so it shouldnt kill the show by any means.

Ben isn't one of the 6. He wasn't on the plane.

Ben isn't one of the 6. He wasn't on the plane.

Agreed. Ben and Desmond weren't on the plane. Something else to think about. Who was in the coffin then? If Ben is alive that is?

I'm loving this show. Never watched before this season, buy got caught up enough a few weeks back when they aired the season opener with the hour long recap of the previous seasons. Still trying to figure out all the characters and all the relationships, but it's awesome.

Stop Watching right now and go buy season 1 on DVD. This is the best show on TV and I promise you are selling yourself short if you don't start from the beginning.

I'm loving this show. Never watched before this season, buy got caught up enough a few weeks back when they aired the season opener with the hour long recap of the previous seasons. Still trying to figure out all the characters and all the relationships, but it's awesome.

Stop Watching right now and go buy season 1 on DVD. This is the best show on TV and I promise you are selling yourself short if you don't start from the beginning.

smizzy 100% right,,

u r doing major disservice to enjoyment, both from what u will get from viewing the lost season u have lost, hah, and from better enjoying the new stuff,,squirell up for a long weekend and watch them all..

Agreed. Ben and Desmond weren't on the plane. Something else to think about. Who was in the coffin then? If Ben is alive that is?

ben could be going back and forth from island to real world and giving sayid the names of people who are trying to hurt the island,,what we dont know, is ben geting sayid to kill people who will do harm to island OR is en blackmailing sayoid to kill people ben doesnt wan trevealing secret and saying he will hurt the survivors if sayid doesnt do his bidding????

ben could be going back and forth from island to real world and giving sayid the names of people who are trying to hurt the island,,what we dont know, is ben geting sayid to kill people who will do harm to island OR is en blackmailing sayoid to kill people ben doesnt wan trevealing secret and saying he will hurt the survivors if sayid doesnt do his bidding????

I think the Oceanic 6 are the ones who decided to leave or we forced off the island...I think Sayid is protecting the people who are still on the island and Ben is helping him because in the long run it's protecting the island's location too.

Maybe they stayed behind and are just going back and forth. Obviously from the Photo the rescue party was holding showed Ben in what looked to me like an airport terminal. add that to a room full of passport and Ben most likely has been off the island before....wouldn't be a big deal for him to find his way back.

I mean didn't the guy who found Ben as a child wondering through the jungle recruit Juliette off the island?

I think the Oceanic 6 are the ones who decided to leave or we forced off the island...I think Sayid is protecting the people who are still on the island and Ben is helping him because in the long run it's protecting the island's location too.

Maybe they stayed behind and are just going back and forth. Obviously from the Photo the rescue party was holding showed Ben in what looked to me like an airport terminal. add that to a room full of passport and Ben most likely has been off the island before....wouldn't be a big deal for him to find his way back.

I mean didn't the guy who found Ben as a child wondering through the jungle recruit Juliette off the island?

yes, and i have read he will eventually be the key to it all,,apparanetly he hasnt aged in 30 years

I have a theory about the Oceanic 6.

I don't think Kate is one of the Oceanic Six. In last thursday's episode, Sawyer mentioned the fact that he didn't know why she wanted to go back, since she's wanted for murder and will probably get arrested when she returns to the States. If that's the case, then why would she be walking around freely after everyone has gotten back? Also, if she is one of the Oceanic Six, and she ISN'T wanted for murder, then why would she have Jack meet her in some dark area near the airport where no one would see them talk? Wouldn't they just meet somewhere else and talk about it?

I think she is "off the grid" so to speak. Came back, but is still wanted so is hiding from the police.

I have a theory about the Oceanic 6.

I don't think Kate is one of the Oceanic Six. In last thursday's episode, Sawyer mentioned the fact that he didn't know why she wanted to go back, since she's wanted for murder and will probably get arrested when she returns to the States. If that's the case, then why would she be walking around freely after everyone has gotten back? Also, if she is one of the Oceanic Six, and she ISN'T wanted for murder, then why would she have Jack meet her in some dark area near the airport where no one would see them talk? Wouldn't they just meet somewhere else and talk about it?

I think she is "off the grid" so to speak. Came back, but is still wanted so is hiding from the police.

She is one of the six. The "six" have international recognition and are obviously very, very special. Hurley went to hospital when he should have gone to jail for that car ride episode. The six so far are: Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley. Make your mind up who the other 2 will be, but Kate is most definitely one of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceanic_six#Oceanic_Six

if she is one of the Oceanic Six, and she ISN'T wanted for murder, then why would she have Jack meet her in some dark area near the airport where no one would see them talk? Wouldn't they just meet somewhere else and talk about it?

If they are the 2 of the Oceanic 6(pretty sure they are) and that a big deal...then i can understand why they don't want to be seen together in public.

Damn, I have so much to learn. I'm starting to feel lost with Lost. :disgust:

Trust me when I tell you this...Lost is too good not to start from the beginning.

You can even rent season 1-3 on DVD at blockbuster. Don't sell this show short. Go out tonight and rent the first DVD.

Go watch the second to last episode of last season. In it, Jack goes to the funeral of this person. It pans back and shows Jack next to the casket. the view is from behind the casket and above. Anyways, Jack makes the casket look small. It can not be more then 6 feet in length. Factor in the walls of the casket, cushions, etc., there is a small person in there. Then consider when Jack met Kate, she asked why she would go?

Archived