Patriots Implode in Lockerroom after loss

Smizzy

Patriots | McGinest yells at Izzo for allowing touchdown

Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:56:35 -0800

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports television cameras caught New England Patriots LB Willie McGinest yelling at LB Larry Izzo during the team's playoff loss Saturday, Jan. 14. McGinest was incensed after Denver Broncos RB Mike Anderson's second one-yard touchdown run gave the Broncos a 17-6 lead. He was upset at Izzo who had contain on the play, but was beaten outside by Anderson. Fellow LB Mike Vrabel stepped in to separate the two.

Patriots | Bruschi irritated at questioning of team's future

Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:52:26 -0800

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots LB Tedy Bruschi said after the team's loss Saturday, Jan. 14, "this was the end," referring to the 2005 season for the Patriots. However, a Denver TV reporter asked him if he meant it was the end of the Patriots. "Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?" Bruschi said. "Think about what you just asked me, man. Think about who we have in this locker room and take that question and get out of my face. That's enough." Bruschi then walked away.

....and the true class of a former champion is displayed in these soundbites after the game:

Comments from the Patriots’ locker room:

Cornerback Asante Samuel

(On his pass interference penalty)

“You know, we’re just out there competing and I can’t do that, I gave up a touchdown. I was just out there giving my all and was just mad about it. They get the ball on the 1-yard line after that, so whatever I did wrong I just have to do better.”

Defensive lineman Richard Seymour

(On his reaction)

“We have to accept it. As tough as it is, we just have to accept it. If [the loss] is in the middle of the season we can fix our mistakes and make up for it. But right now, there is no tomorrow. Denver caused a lot of our mistakes and we have to give them a lot of credit.”

(On the pass interference call on Asante Samuel)

“One thing you learn as a football player is you can’t let one play affect another. It’s a tough call, but we make no excuses. We had our opportunities.”

(On the game, and the Patriots’ long run of success)

“We had a good game-plan but our mistakes and turnovers hurt us in the end. None of us likes to talk about the run that we’ve had. It was a great run, but now it’s over.”

Outside linebacker Rosevelt Colvin

(On his reaction)

“It’s disappointing. We feel like we felt early in the season. We didn’t take advantage of our opportunities. Just like early in the season when we would win one and lose one. Denver is one of the best teams in the NFL. They are responsible for a lot [of our mistakes] and you have to give them their due.”

(On turnovers and mistakes)

“If you do your job and the guy next to you does his, then the team is going to be in great shape. If you make too many mistakes, and turn the ball over like we did tonight, it’s hard to beat anyone, nonetheless a team of Denver’s caliber.”

Kicker Adam Vinatieri

(On the game)

“It was crappy. Normally we know how to execute under pressure. But we just didn’t do a very good job of that today. When you play a good team like Denver and don’t play well, you get beat. That’s what happened. It’s a bad feeling.”

Receiver Troy Brown

(On the game)

“We turned the ball over five too many times. You’ve got to take care of the ball and we didn’t. They forced some and we gave them some.”

(On his fumble)

“I was trying to catch it and didn’t. I probably cost my team a chance to come back in the game. I just didn’t catch it.”

Tight end Benjamin Watson

(On the season ending)

“It’s tough. I definitely would like to be playing. We just made too many mistakes tonight to win. They definitely deserved it.”

(On catching Champ Bailey)

“I saw the replay but it didn’t have the angle. I just tried to get there as fast as I could.”

Running back Kevin Faulk

(On responding after his fumble)

“A lot of guys hit me. It happens. You have to shake it off and play football.”

(On if Denver earned it or if the Patriots gave it away)

“They earned it. They capitalized on each and every turnover. It happened and we have to deal with it. We have eight months to learn from it and work on it.”

Linebacker Tedy Bruschi

(On the season ending)

“It’s just the end of the road for us. That is all we see. We knew we had to play sharp and take care of the ball. The ball didn’t bounce our way a couple of times and all of a sudden we were in a hole.”

(On his season)

“I wish I could capsulate it for you. I’ve experienced every emotion this year I could possibly have. I’ve had a lot of emotions this year. I didn’t see why I couldn’t come back and make a run at it again.”

Receiver Deion Branch

(On the game)

“You can’t turn the ball over, not in this game. I take my hat off to those guys. They played a great game. We just didn’t do what we needed to do.”

(On the Patriots’ five turnovers)

“That’s the whole game. In the playoffs, one mistake can cost you a whole season and we had five. Our job is to control what we can control and we didn’t do that.”

Outside linebacker Willie McGinest

(On the game)

“A lot of guys in this locker room fought hard. We just didn’t finish. We’re not blaming the whole game on the referees. They didn’t beat us. Denver did.”

Receiver David Givens

(On the game)

“It was sort of a shock we turned the ball over as much as we did. All good things come to an end. It’s kind of sad it had to end like this, this year.”

Smizzy, spin doctor extraordinaire!

i'm sick of reading about Booski

the guy had zero impact last night and for the last weeks he has been invisible or on sideline

truth be told the pats D arose from dead due to play of colvin, willfat and Seemore

Booski should shut up and retire, think of his family for a change

He had a hole in is heart, not cancer you a..hole...

Wow, that was the most inappropriate comment I ever saw.

1 - You're obviously too stupid to get the joke.

2 - He did not have a hole in his heart. He had a stroke.

Isn't there some remedial message board we could send you to on a cyber short bus? You clearly can't hang in the mainstream.

1 - You're obviously too stupid to get the joke.

2 - He did not have a hole in his heart. He had a stroke.

Isn't there some remedial message board we could send you to on a cyber short bus? You clearly can't hang in the mainstream.

Caused by a hole in his heart, a..hole.

It was as inappropriate a joke as I've ever seen, but that's typical of you... that and the holier than thou attitude....

And here's proof, because I'm sure you'll say I'm wrong.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2005/03/16/report_cites_bruschis_heart/

Sorry, Lag, can't joke about cancer. Known too many people...

...I have to second that Bob...I love you and I can take a joke as good as any, but this one isn't funny. Cancer has claimed my mom and dad and this joke doesnt make me want to laugh. To joke of his ailments at all isnt really funny to me. He could have died. Now if you want to diss the hell out of the Pats and call them pansies..Im with it, but that one I cant let pass either.

Lighten up people. I don't want to speak for Bob, but the joke was that Bruschi has been made out to be superhuman and continually gets the super ass swabbing by all of the announcers. It was not about anyone with cancer or Bruschis stroke (caused by the hole in the heart). I'll bet there are very few people here that have not lost loved ones to cancer, I certainly have. It was not a cancer joke, so let's not be overly sensitive.

Archived