According to this press release, Mangini interview is over

NIGHT STALKER

Jets | Team interviews Mangini

Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:27:33 -0800

The Associated Press reports the New York Jets interviewed New England Patriots defensive coordinator Eric Mangini Sunday evening, Jan. 15, for their vacant head coaching job.

So, do you think they offered him a contract? Are they waiting to see how the Tice interview goes tomorrow? Did Mangini turn them down?

Bradway probably told him that it would be a good idea if he talkd to BB before making a decision.

Funny stuff, but the sad part about your post is that it's probably not that far from the truth...either that or Mangini said he had to ask his mother and father for permission to sign.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2293882

NEW YORK -- The New York Jets interviewed Patriots defensive coordinator Eric Mangini on Sunday night for their vacant head coaching job.

General manager Terry Bradway and assistant GM Mike Tannenbaum met with Mangini in the Foxborough, Mass., area. The two then returned to New York to prepare for their interview with former Vikings coach Mike Tice on Monday.

The Jets are expected to move quickly after interviewing Tice. They are trying to replace coach Herman Edwards, who left for Kansas City.

Mangini, who turns 35 this week, appears to be the top name on the Jets' list. But his inexperience and age could be a factor. There are several things working in his favor, including his ties to Tannenbaum and the Jets. He was an assistant with the team from 1997-99.

Mangini also has spent most of his career learning from Patriots coach Bill Belichick. It is thought Mangini would take the job if it was offered. After a 27-13 playoff loss to Denver on Saturday night, Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour vouched for Mangini.

"He definitely has the ability to be a great coach in this league," Seymour said. "He has a lot of tools that it takes. He's very poised. He's a smart guy. He understands defenses and how to take things away from offenses, so he'll probably have a lot of success in this league."

The Jets have spoken to six other coaching candidates: former Saints coach Jim Haslett, former Rams interim coach Joe Vitt, Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis, and Jets assistants Donnie Henderson, Mike Heimerdinger, Mike Westhoff.

Something tells me they are going to **** this up.

One more thing.

How can anyone say anything about Mangini's experience when he has literally twice as much as Edwards did?

Doesn't make his experience good enough.

Edwards didn't have experience either.

I'd rather see Heimerdinger.

Doesn't make his experience good enough.

Edwards didn't have experience either.

I'd rather see Heimerdinger.

Mangini has 11 years of coaching experience. How much did Edwards have when he took the job? How much did Gruden have? And lastly how much does Marty Schotenheimer have?

They will give Tice the interview as a professional courtesy. The guy is in town to meet them so they will not snub him. Either way, I have a feeling that they will make the announcement tomorrow night or Tuesday morning. If it's not Mangini it had better be the Dinger.

Terry Bradway will walk into the Tice interview and state:

"You had me at hello"

:lol::lol: ...POTW. Everyone is bragging on this 11 years of coaching "experience" but he's only had real experience planning ad "coaching" as a coordinator which he hasn't been very long. I hope this guy is all that everyone thinks he is. Anywho...I digress...we'll see in time.

Archived