5 moves the Jets could make before next weeks trade deadline

joewilly12

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

No interest in any. In fact I would seriously consider trading Leo and Adams before the deadline if we can get first rounders. Both add little to this teams success if we are honest. Adams is decent as a nickel linebacker for situational pass rusher and the occasional run stuff TFL but he is a complete liability at his actual position of safety.

Center, Left Tackle, WR and RB in first 4 picks if we did that. Protect Darnold. Only thing that matters.

You have to ask yourself, what did Calais Campbell get in free agency going to Jax? No way in hell you give 1 tackle Leonard Williams a huge contract much bigger than that. Unless your name is Aaron Donald no interior Dlineman is worth huge money anymore. Sure, they can abuse inferior replacements now & again but for the most part pressure comes from the edges & blitzes in this new NFL. It is VERY CLEAR the NFL allows interior holding as long as you don't pull the player down or extend your arms & that's to protect QBs.

DTs are always available. How much did Snacks Harrison & his ridiculous contract help the Giants overall defense? Not much, and he's on his way to Detroit. The Jets have ZERO star players! ZERO! Some teams like the Chiefs have Hill, Hunt, Kelsey, Wilkins, Mahomes. Sam could be a star but holy sh*t he's saddled with Jags all around him! 

This team needs a new direction for building this team, yes, I know this is the 2nd year in the true rebuild, but we're building in all the wrong places. Macc has to make some bold moves & trading someone like Williams who will demand a mega contract for so so production would be a good start. And like others have pointed out Lee is EASILY replaceable. Our free agent Avery Williamson has played better than Lee & Jenkins (my son was right, he lives in Nashville & said Avery is quietly good & ascending). Look at the Pats, they are winning with offense, 43-40, 38-31. 5-2 record. Defense is for making a few stops now & being opportunistic at the right moments. Offense helps put you in a position to take some chances on defense & cause that turnover closes out the win. Just the idea that we inquired about Peterson (if in fact we did), is just another indictment of Bowles & his priorities to build a Super defense with all pros at every position in the secondary. 

Maybe a 7th for Parker? STAYAWAY FROM ABDULLAH. He is one of the reasons why the Lions didn't have a running game for the last few seasons. He is Bilal Powell but with half the ability. All the rest would cost too much for a team with hardly any draft picks. Of course our brainy GM will trade one of those 3rd rounders to replace those 5th rounders that seem to be so important to him.

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

There is no way this team should be paying anything significant for some of these guys, once again highlights poor depth, terrible development and lousy drafting.  RBs are down?  The dude from the psquad should step in, CBs are down the guy we have been developing for two years should step in.  WRs are down guys like charon peake should step up.  Rashard Robisons 'the most improved player on the team!' bellows Todd bowles.  Where is he?

Agreed.  Every Time the Jets have a player go down to injury or is ineffective, we automatically look to bring in someone from outside the organization instead of pushing forward one of our young  and recently drafted players to step up........except we can't do that because consistently bad drafting has produced a team with little to no depth year after year.  Hello Rishard Matthews.  

11 hours ago, ryu79 said:

I thought you loved Parker coming out of school? Or am I misremembering?

Loved might be a little strong, but I was certainly a fan. Injuries aside, I still am. But regardless, we don't have the draft capital to trade for anyone, period. And some of these guys like Parker, are 5 months away from being a FA... so not only are we going to have to extend them, but we're giving up draft capital as well? 

I just don;t think we're in a position to trade anything for anyone. 2019 is (finally) a good year for OTs and OLBs/DE -- both of which we need. 

Archived